Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:12:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Shin Megami Tensei General Topic

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 ... 153   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei General Topic  (Read 19490 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #2190 on: 20 September, 2016, 09:30:16 pm »

don't forget that monsters now have specific elemental affinities. I deliberately skipped mothman because his were pretty questionable: deep spec in status ailments at the cost of a huge debuff to wind/gun attacks. gun and phys seem to be especially good here since they do like, 1.66-2x as much damage as magic, at least at this stage.

i'm kinda growing fond of this game's cast of characters. it's a bunch of ineffectual weirdos with varying motivations and affinities for each other, and it's kinda fun to see them mash themselves against each other. beats the "two morally-indefensible morons on polar opposites of the law/chaos spectrum and the really indecisive chick" thing SMT IV seemed to think was a good hold-over from a game that came out in 1990 lol

(also, p.s. ahriman if you're reading this, feel free to chime in with persona 5 ****. prolly small text anything too spoilery just for the peanut gallery, but it'd be nice to have this topic not just be a circle jerk between me and floyd over SMT:IVA)

EDIT: okay nevermind this totally reeks of idiot plot already
« Last Edit: 20 September, 2016, 10:18:54 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #2191 on: 21 September, 2016, 07:22:28 am »

i expected and desire only idiot plots from these games at this point other than like maybe soul hackers

Got a little further on my commute (beat the first boss-ish thing you fight.) I expect my progress will be super slow up until the weekend.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Arnaham

I'm: Who?
Username: Arnaham
Mood: Busy

« Reply #2192 on: 21 September, 2016, 09:09:07 am »

The fifth big boss in P5 is wrecking my ****. When he's close to dead he just keeps spamming a charge move and a unique almighty attack over and over which kills everyone unless you block.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2193 on: 21 September, 2016, 09:20:15 am »

How have the bosses been in general so far?
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Arnaham

« Reply #2194 on: 21 September, 2016, 09:53:54 am »

They've all been really cool and very different from each other, for the most part. I don't know to what extent you all have read spoilers so I don't know how much to say, but the different gimmicks they have you doing in each fight are pretty amusing. Fourth one was pretty repetitive and sucky, though, and this last one had a thirty minute time limit that was really unnecessary. There's also a bunch of demon bosses throughout dungeons that are more or less what you'd expect from SMT.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2195 on: 21 September, 2016, 10:14:22 am »

This pleases me.

I've seen the boss names but haven't looked into them super deep, which is basically what I've spoiled for myself as a whole, general plot and gameplay stuff without diving to deep.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2196 on: 21 September, 2016, 11:21:30 am »

i've spoiled damn near everything lol. haven't seen any of it in action, though -- figure seeing everything in action is enough for me, especially since I called most of the big twists before the game came out. i'll probably call on you to smooth some of the finer details out, though -- a lot of the spoilers came from 4chan interpreting from a stream (with exceptionally limited command of the japanese language and an axe to grind considering that vg is like the anti-hype train) that was scrolling through dialogue with a couple of people hastily translating a few lines here and there after the fact lol

i am down with this random sidequest domain outside of ueno and its inugami parties being really easy to kill, but giving out bucketloads of EXP. I'm now fairly overleveled, but the boss of the last dungeon still gave me a run for my money anyway.
« Last Edit: 21 September, 2016, 11:24:23 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2197 on: 21 September, 2016, 11:32:15 am »

i'm jealous that you have time to play as i sit at work waiting to be released only to have to go to class
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2198 on: 21 September, 2016, 11:38:50 am »

i am playing this game in lieu of being a responsible adult and doing my 400-level math/cse homework
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2199 on: 21 September, 2016, 01:15:47 pm »

i long for those days
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2200 on: 21 September, 2016, 01:21:19 pm »

I'm super mad Asahi would not accept my suggestion of Pascal, fuck this game.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2201 on: 21 September, 2016, 02:15:25 pm »

you could live those right now, you just have to throw your life away. untreated adult ADHD, suicidal depression and not having anyone in your life trying to keep you on course make a wonderful cocktail, lemme tell you.

asahi is super adorbs and that name prompt was pretty cute

EDIT:

« Last Edit: 21 September, 2016, 02:17:42 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2202 on: 21 September, 2016, 09:13:01 pm »

Didn't expect to see Medusa again. It even has one of the same in-battle dialogue prompts as it did in SMT IV lol

Thankfully, I'm at like, level 35 instead of 15, so I can actually buff/debuff worth a damn. Kicked her ass pretty hard even though wind damage is the single least-represented damage type in my roster, although she caught me off guard the first time around with some really lucky crits (also forgot her weakness was wind, not lightning lol). Hallelujah's support skills also nullify Marin Karin, which is great... whenever he decides to use it and not use Enduring Cheer instead. Kid, I've nerfed her damage output into the ground, she's not gonna be killing anyone.
Report Spam   Logged

Arnaham

« Reply #2203 on: 22 September, 2016, 09:17:28 am »

Finishing the Strength social link lets you create personas above your level by paying some extra money. I'm LV51 and I can make LV69 Siegfried just by paying a third of the money I have on hand. Kind of removes any reason to use most of the personas within the next 20 levels, but hey.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2204 on: 22 September, 2016, 11:09:37 am »

say ahriman-kun, i have the most important question

is my favorite demon boy, dominion, using the old angel design in p5, or is it using the new butt ugly design where it's like, a vase with angel wings or something
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 ... 153   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: