Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 10:08:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Shin Megami Tensei General Topic

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 ... 153   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei General Topic  (Read 19778 times)
Maniac234678
« Reply #1605 on: 23 July, 2010, 10:53:03 pm »

I have three more Personas to make: Nebiros, Sandalphon and Orpheus Telos. ohboyohboy
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1606 on: 24 July, 2010, 12:22:24 am »

All right, here's my Orpheus Telos:

- 99 in all stats
- Pralaya, Salvation, Mind Charge, Tempest Slash, Morning Star, Maragidyne, Spell Master, Victory Cry

Also, something that comes to mind: in Nocturne, Nyx was a bartender. In this, she's the final boss, an Eldritch Abomination and the god of death (even though Nyx's main domain was night). Hell of a promotion, huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #1607 on: 24 July, 2010, 12:48:56 am »

Yeah I speculated that when I was playing Nocturne.

Your Orpheus Telos sucks btw.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1608 on: 24 July, 2010, 12:56:37 am »

Except for the part where it doesn't. Detail how it sucks, so that I may ridicule you.

Also, the presentation for Nyx is nowhere near as awesome, with this "Eternity awaits" bullshit. That and the fact that this is on a **** PSP, with shitty volume and a small screen. This is so much more badass on the PS2 version.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #1609 on: 24 July, 2010, 12:59:11 am »

Lack of repeating the same two lines with every attack ruined it for me. Also the replacement for all the animated scenes after the fight looked bad and totally ruined it.

Except for the part where it doesn't. Detail how it sucks, so that I may ridicule you.

Orpheus Telos basically exists for the sole purpose of being used against Elizabeth, and most of those skills wouldn't be particularly useful.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1610 on: 24 July, 2010, 01:00:36 am »

Have you ever reached level 99? Just asking.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #1611 on: 24 July, 2010, 01:03:27 am »

Yeah, I did on a NG+ of FES.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1612 on: 24 July, 2010, 01:07:49 am »

Then you'd know that you have way too much MP to really give a damn about what you're doing. The only I'm really missing for that job is Enduring Soul (pro-tip: it's stupidly hard and stupidly expensive to get Black Viper on a six-way fusion Orpheus Telos, all for a sliver more damage), and a Sacrificial Idol is enough to cover for that. Beyond that, I have the offensive and healing capacities needed to kick Elizabeth's ass without any problems.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1613 on: 24 July, 2010, 01:22:07 am »

You're like Salty. You never think when you challenge me.

You know, I went to a party with some fellow weeaboos one day. One of them decided to showcase some good AMVs he found, and one of them was entirely filled with P3's animated clips. I never really paid attention before, but during this presentation, I noticed how butt ugly and poorly animated each of them were. Even beyond those, I also considered the cutscenes running off of the standard system, utilizing mediocre frames with vastly limited animations to be ugly as well. With that said, I've stated several times to myself that "man, this scene was so much better in the PS2 version." When your game's presentation is that depressingly horrible, you know that something is wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #1614 on: 24 July, 2010, 01:31:25 am »

You're like Salty. You never think when you challenge me.

Or I don't find arguments on the internet all that engaging so I cut them short whether I have a response or not.

I thought the animated scenes were decent aside from the character design in them, and some didn't really have characters in them so those were pretty cool.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1615 on: 24 July, 2010, 01:43:02 am »

If you were thinking, you never would have provoked it. You know, because I get sadistic pleasure from defeating ignorant little kids in arguments, especially when they try to denigrate me.

I think this game would have done better if it was minimalistic on its visual novel approach. No frames floating in the background, relying less on portraits and more on stills, and just removing the portraits in the occasions where **** gets real (do it). In other words, a bit more like Tsukihime. Perhaps with that, they could have fit the animated scenes into the mix, and thus allow some scenes to carry more weight than the standard approach. But as is, this is just **** lazy, and I don't think they really cared about fixing any problems that story alterations or the new set-up presented.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1616 on: 24 July, 2010, 02:24:19 am »

For the Hanged Man epilogue with a female MC, Maiko's dad hits on you.

****. EWW. I'm gay for Lio Shirazumi and even I think that's insanely creepy.

EDIT: And with the game done, I'm still somewhat bothered.

*spoilers*

I finished the Moon S-Link, but didn't romance Shinjiro. Even though he survived, he never appeared again, and his survival was never brought up again. I hear he actually does have extra scenes in a New Game+ if you pursue a romance with him, but this doesn't feel right at all.

*spoilers*

soyeah do you agree that FES version was better
« Last Edit: 24 July, 2010, 02:45:07 am by Len » Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #1617 on: 24 July, 2010, 02:48:42 am »

Yeah I'd say FES was better. I'd probably think less of the game if I played this version first.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1618 on: 24 July, 2010, 03:11:49 am »

To be fair, while the presentation was infinitely inferior in this version, most of my problems with it were based around comparisons. Also, no matter what game you play between Persona 3, its remakes and Persona 4, the first one will always end up the best on a subjective level. Persona 4 as a game was better than Persona 3 in every conceivable manner aside from potentially the ending, and I still preferred P3 on the basis that P4 felt more like an expansion pack than a stand-alone game. That's probably the biggest flaw with the most recent Persona games, so when P5 comes out, I kinda want it to change something.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1619 on: 27 July, 2010, 09:41:03 pm »

I hate Aeria. So, how 'bout dem sexy demons, like Mara and Cthulhu?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 ... 153   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: