Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:33:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Shin Megami Tensei General Topic

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei General Topic  (Read 19485 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #2250 on: 27 September, 2016, 09:52:44 pm »

think she might have also had it in SMT IV, but it's been a while

that feel when a cool looking boss isn't a recruitable demon. oh well, i got a nice juicy spoiler-y demon to put on my dds and piss off the, like, 1 or 2 people on campus who also have this game, and that's almost as good

on the final dungeon now, but I'm going on a fiend-killing detour now that I'm level 99 and have some juiced up, custom-made demons ready. already have killed the first three.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #2251 on: 03 October, 2016, 05:16:50 pm »

Odin has a pretty dope boss theme.

can confirm, just got to it and its definitely my favorite new piece of music in the game
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2252 on: 05 October, 2016, 09:32:42 pm »

did the challenge quest involving the tokyo dome and managed to work myself into a shoot and now believe the whole thing contains references to japanese pro wrestling, i may or may not have a problem
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2253 on: 06 October, 2016, 09:40:14 am »

i didn't get to see any of maitreya's attacks since it was weak to my usual tactic of "gun's" that's sad
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2254 on: 06 October, 2016, 11:03:52 am »

Maitreya's attacks are super gimmicky, like an almighty skill that does hilariously low damage unless he's smirking, in which case it hits as hard as Megidolaon. He also has an attack that turns his weaknesses into absorption, which wiped the **** out of me the first time because I expected him to just turn them into normal resistances.

So you didn't have trouble with the 3-part boss fight? I could barely keep my MP up myself, ended up rotating in like, 7 different demons across the whole thing.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2255 on: 06 October, 2016, 11:09:06 am »

Maitreya's attacks are super gimmicky, like an almighty skill that does hilariously low damage unless he's smirking, in which case it hits as hard as Megidolaon. He also has an attack that turns his weaknesses into absorption, which wiped the **** out of me the first time because I expected him to just turn them into normal resistances.

So you didn't have trouble with the 3-part boss fight? I could barely keep my MP up myself, ended up rotating in like, 7 different demons across the whole thing.

I got lucky with the timing of party interruptions and level ups in between the actual fights, I think. I did have to switch out demons a lot but I did it on one try, whereas one of the Devas killed me after hitting some lucky shots. I have a feeling if I wasn't a dex/gun based character the fight probably would have gone poorly based on your description.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2256 on: 07 October, 2016, 09:45:09 pm »

Persona 5 is getting a new difficulty as free DLC. I guess this is the new trend for SMT games where they're adding extra hard modes after the fact.

Speaking of which, I think Apocalypse mode is out? I never actually finished SMT4A lol -- my interest fizzled out right at the end, since I've been told multiple times from different people that the last dungeon is incredibly bad
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2257 on: 11 October, 2016, 12:47:03 pm »

Just finished the take down the Divine Powers quest. Krishna is the first boss to totally steam roll me at first attempt. Adramelech did some damage too, although a lot of that was after the wear and tear of how long the quest was. I can't wait to fuse him, I've been a big fan of that demon design since Circle of the Moon.

also toki is weird
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2258 on: 11 October, 2016, 08:29:38 pm »

i take it you meant for that to be 1pt, but really it's just as well seeing as i don't think anyone else on this site is ever gonna play this game anyway

i'm assuming you stomped krishna's face in on the rematch. oh, what i would have done to have hallelujah help for the fight with kenji in SMT4. for my part, I had alice in my party and she just wrecked his face after I used rakunda a few times -- it's a shame Die For Me!! is only available on this level 49 demon, because it's so good that I still had Alice in my main party even all the way up to level 70.

you can heal right after krishna, btw. i pretty much stomped adramelech with makarakarn lol
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2259 on: 12 October, 2016, 06:38:06 pm »

i blew it whoops

I did win in the rematch but I recall it not being a total stomp, mostly because for whatever reason Krishna targeted my partner more than any other enemy in the game so Hallelujah was dead a lot.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2260 on: 17 October, 2016, 05:46:35 pm »

*fighting odin, doing okay since most of my demons have wind moves*
*uses a gun attack, reflected, odin smirks*
*odin uses thunder pierce move, concentrate, and thunder reign, crits everyone, wipes entire party but me*

nice

So I'm in the Egg. I've heard that its long and a pain, which its true will continue the trend of Hindu themed final dungeons being long and a pain. I don't think for a second it will be as fucking tedious as Digital Devil Saga 1's final dungeon which did so much damage to my opinion of that game that even now it makes me mad to think about.

also whoops asahi died
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2261 on: 19 October, 2016, 10:40:02 am »

*fighting odin, doing okay since most of my demons have wind moves*
*uses a gun attack, reflected, odin smirks*
*odin uses thunder pierce move, concentrate, and thunder reign, crits everyone, wipes entire party but me*

nice

So I'm in the Egg. I've heard that its long and a pain, which its true will continue the trend of Hindu themed final dungeons being long and a pain. I don't think for a second it will be as fucking tedious as Digital Devil Saga 1's final dungeon which did so much damage to my opinion of that game that even now it makes me mad to think about.

also whoops asahi died

"you know, odin uses a lance as a weapon, he's probably got some affinity for gun weapons. but xi wangmu doesn't have anything better to do this round, let's have her use her gun move*
*almost gets wiped, but is saved by the fact that I'm level fucking 90 by now and have doping up*

i dunno who you use but asahi was my favorite partner. helps when i don't have to take care of my HP and can just buff/debuff/nuke everyone instead of waste turns healing. =(

also spoilers at your point: the cosmic egg isn't that bad, it's the next one that blows. cosmic egg is just kinda eh, longer than everything before it and filled to the gills with bosses, almost all of which are **** easy.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2262 on: 24 October, 2016, 01:31:38 pm »

yeah it became evident to me that wasn't the dungeon the internet was talkin' bout

I'm now locked into the Anarchy ending. It seems no matter what happens my first SMT IV playthrough must always involve killing Isabeau. I have to say, some of the partner speeches when you kill them hit home (especially Isabeau basically going I've always hated you because of a choice I made way back in the beginning of the game) and the message you get after the battle from Navarre is super sad. That said FUCK Navarre for destroying all my items. I'm doing some side quest and Fiend stuff before getting ready to fight Vishnu-Flynn. It took me three distinct sessions to beat David so I guess I'll hold off on the fiends.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2263 on: 24 October, 2016, 05:10:11 pm »

so have you been picking the "huge flaming bag of dicks" responses throughout your playthrough? the game actually does have a hidden morality meter that it keeps track of, and while it's definitely used to gauge character reactions for the big decision in the cosmic egg, I'm kinda wondering if it actually changes your party's disposition towards you throughout.

david is actually prolly the worst of the first four or so fiends. couldn't actually outpace him in damage once he starts spamming makarakarn, since my entire party is magic-based. none of the other three i fought took longer than two rounds.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2264 on: 24 October, 2016, 07:55:35 pm »

I mixed up my responses mostly because I wasn't sure what ending I wanted to do/what the criteria was for getting them up until the very end. I might do full dickbag run next time even though I'll be going Bonds that time.

I would not have beaten him if Charge and Riot Gun wasn't my best bud combo. He now is on my party and is super neat if not terribly useful but I want my Fiends.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: