Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 08:50:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Shin Megami Tensei General Topic

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 153   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei General Topic  (Read 19502 times)
Maniac234678
« Reply #255 on: 04 January, 2009, 08:32:40 pm »

My entire party was at 80 while my MC was at 93. I swear, Yukiko got one-shotted by its first form 6 times in a row until I started casting Heat Riser on her. I don't think I want to ever use her again. >_>

Also, Yoshi is the best persona in the game. Power Charge + Hassou Tobi is the most god-like combo you can come up with. Though Hassou Tobi is pretty inaccurate.
Report Spam   Logged
Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Dustin (Formerly)
Mood: Sad

Derp it!

« Reply #256 on: 05 January, 2009, 07:06:12 am »

Power charge + god hand + attack up works well enough to beat her with ease.

Also, dedilitate(Sp?) works well.
Report Spam   Logged

But... if our leaders actually reflected the wants of the people... then we'd be a democracy, and that's just gross.
Stalin was that **** guy who pops the ball during a basketball game and ruins it for everyone.
Maniac234678
« Reply #257 on: 05 January, 2009, 02:37:50 pm »

Hassou Tobi > God Hand. Hassou Tobi is basically the end all attack, bar none.

I found buffs and debuffs pointless throughout the game myself, even on Expert. Problem with them is that my MC constantly deals the most damage or for the majority or the game, is there to back up Yukiko as a healer. If we had a character who mained in buffs like Akihiko, they'd be more useful. The only games I have ever found buffs to be useful in would be Nocturne and DDS.
Report Spam   Logged
Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #258 on: 06 January, 2009, 04:53:34 am »

Well, they were a lot more useful in Nocturne(so far, I haven't used them in DDS and I am fine), but they had there moments in this game(mainly boss fights).  Heat Riser seemed pretty useless to me though.
Report Spam   Logged

But... if our leaders actually reflected the wants of the people... then we'd be a democracy, and that's just gross.
Stalin was that **** guy who pops the ball during a basketball game and ruins it for everyone.
Maniac234678
« Reply #259 on: 08 January, 2009, 03:30:40 pm »

Am I the only one who thought that all of the events on March 20th seemed pointless and were only there to expand the game? Of course, it answered some big questions, but it seems like those questions were just left pending until then for the sake of adding that rather than them being answered naturally. I also hated the final boss battle, mainly because nothing set the tone for how epic or impressive it was, unlike with Persona 3's last boss. It just seemed like another boss, added in to bloat the game much like the storyline in the end.
Report Spam   Logged
Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #260 on: 08 January, 2009, 03:40:26 pm »

I enjoyed the game, but I think that they could have worked the ending of the game out better.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #261 on: 08 January, 2009, 03:43:55 pm »

*Notable game spoilers*

Pulling that one gas station attendant out and making him into the main villain was flat-out silly. There's a limit to how unsuspected a main villain should be and how well that villain is pulled off, but this is more of a kick in the nuts than an interesting plot twist, considering that this guy was essentially a random NPC up until the point. Kinda ruined what I thought of the game, since the killer was one of the coolest villains I've run into in a while.
Report Spam   Logged
Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #262 on: 09 January, 2009, 09:04:15 am »

*Notable game spoilers*

Pulling that one gas station attendant out and making him into the main villain was flat-out silly. There's a limit to how unsuspected a main villain should be and how well that villain is pulled off, but this is more of a kick in the nuts than an interesting plot twist, considering that this guy was essentially a random NPC up until the point. Kinda ruined what I thought of the game, since the killer was one of the coolest villains I've run into in a while.
I didn't think it was all that bad, but he/she/it could have at least had a bigger impact during the game...
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #263 on: 09 January, 2009, 03:55:00 pm »

On another note, in the way themes go, The Almighty > The Genesis. More proof that Amenosagiri should have been the final boss.
Report Spam   Logged
Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #264 on: 09 January, 2009, 03:58:05 pm »

I actually liked the genesis more... I think.  I don't think I ever really payed attention the The Almighty.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #265 on: 09 January, 2009, 04:01:12 pm »

The Genesis was awful. 5 minutes of pointless, ambient and almost inaudible build-up < a song that reeks of epicness throughout. Its fans say that it sets to mood; I just say its boring and doesn't pump me up for the last few moments of my first playthrough.

Though Burn My Dread, The Battle for Everyone's Souls and the final boss themes from DDS2 and Nocturne are better than The Almighty.
Report Spam   Logged
Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #266 on: 09 January, 2009, 04:04:20 pm »

Oh yeah, that one was pretty good(I still like the Genesis better).  But the three you listed are better then these two)i've only heard parts of DDS2 one though).

Also, just a thought, because people on the P4 board were talking about it, who thinks they should bring back the guns+melee weapon?
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #267 on: 09 January, 2009, 04:17:29 pm »

Short Swords FTW. I always used short swords in P3 because they were they best at ambushing enemies with, though admittedly, they'd probably be less good at ambushing enemies with in P4. But less awkward, easier to estimate its range, and less easy to miss and get ambushed yourself.
Report Spam   Logged
Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #268 on: 09 January, 2009, 04:22:07 pm »

Yeah, I always used short swords in P3.  And there was something weird about the whole ambushing thing in P4, but I'm not sure what...

But guns FTW.  Also one of the reasons I liked playing as Aigis.
Report Spam   Logged

Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #269 on: 14 January, 2009, 01:50:48 pm »

For my first ending in Nocturne, which should I go with?  Freedom(or whatever it was called) or TD?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 153   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: