Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 03:02:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Shin Megami Tensei General Topic

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 153   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei General Topic  (Read 19589 times)
Maniac234678
« Reply #660 on: 04 November, 2009, 06:29:58 pm »

So, what next?
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #661 on: 04 November, 2009, 06:33:14 pm »

I dunno. I was hoping I would have Persona 4 by now. <_< I have SMTII on here, maybe I'll start that up. I also recently learned that Persona 2 had an unofficial proper translation so maybe I'll get that. I'm done with this game though. If I ever play it again it'll be if I actually own it.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #662 on: 05 November, 2009, 10:18:03 pm »

Now obtaining Persona 2-Innocent Sin. I have no idea what the difference is between it and Eternal Punishment, but I don't think EP has an unofficial translation.

Edit-Looked it up, apparently they're two halves on one game or something. And apparently EP's translation isn't as bad as the first Persona's, so if I finish this I guess I'll follow it with that.
« Last Edit: 05 November, 2009, 10:35:33 pm by Problem Sleuth » Report Spam   Logged
HMA
HMA
Holy Ruler

« Reply #663 on: 06 November, 2009, 05:43:39 am »

I was bored today, so I picked up Persona 3 FES and tried to get through the Hierophant and Lovers arcana bosses which ticked me off so much before.

I was clearly deranged at the time and suprised I did not try to kill everyone in such a state of insanity. Seriously what is up with those bosses. The first one can screw over most plans with fear which always seems to effect MC, always, and such a absurd amount of criticals I'm shocked when it doesn't get one in. Lovers has charm. And Heartbreaker. And last time killed me when it was one hit away from death. ;_;
Report Spam   Logged

Anime directors like cats, because they dont have to look after them ~ FLCL
Did you come to play? Everyone's dead... so I got bored. Did you come to play with me? ~ Wrath, FMA
Dubbed Morgan Freeman by ZeldaFan, ZeldaFan42, and a team of squirrels
I'm a Clasher. I have a natural tendency towards super-powered, rediculously over-the-top God Mode fights...
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #664 on: 06 November, 2009, 12:12:44 pm »

I was bored today, so I picked up Persona 3 FES and tried to get through the Hierophant and Lovers arcana bosses which ticked me off so much before.

I was clearly deranged at the time and suprised I did not try to kill everyone in such a state of insanity. Seriously what is up with those bosses. The first one can screw over most plans with fear which always seems to effect MC, always, and such a absurd amount of criticals I'm shocked when it doesn't get one in. Lovers has charm. And Heartbreaker. And last time killed me when it was one hit away from death. ;_;
I think most people have a solution to this. It's called grinding, getting better Personae, and choosing the right teammates.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #665 on: 06 November, 2009, 03:10:24 pm »

I think most people have a solution to this. It's called grinding, getting better Personae, and choosing the right teammates.

i didn't read this and am gonna act elitist

Also, the worst teammate you could use here is forced, so...
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #666 on: 06 November, 2009, 06:48:25 pm »

Stock up on Dis-charms, leave Yukari as a dedicated healer. If you need another use yourself as a healer also. Leave Junpei and Akihiko to attack.
Report Spam   Logged
HMA
HMA
Holy Ruler

« Reply #667 on: 07 November, 2009, 12:34:58 am »

I'll try again and grind up some more next time, I usally do grind up in most RPGs if I have such troubles rather then going BAWWWWW at the problem, but grinding in Persona 3 is one of my least liked activities.
Report Spam   Logged

Anime directors like cats, because they dont have to look after them ~ FLCL
Did you come to play? Everyone's dead... so I got bored. Did you come to play with me? ~ Wrath, FMA
Dubbed Morgan Freeman by ZeldaFan, ZeldaFan42, and a team of squirrels
I'm a Clasher. I have a natural tendency towards super-powered, rediculously over-the-top God Mode fights...
Ahriman
« Reply #668 on: 07 November, 2009, 12:45:34 am »

Grinding is Persona 3 is also almost entirely unnecessary. You really don't need to grind. <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #669 on: 07 November, 2009, 12:51:21 am »

Grinding is Persona 3 is also almost entirely unnecessary. You really don't need to grind. <_<
Except for money and new Personae. Which are almost the same thing, given Compendium costs and slot restrictions.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #670 on: 07 November, 2009, 12:53:59 am »

Except for money and new Personae. Which are almost the same thing, given Compendium costs and slot restrictions.

It was very rare that I was actually forced to stop and just kill things. The only time I remember that being necessary was for Sleeping Table because it's pretty much impossible to win that fight without Mediarama.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #671 on: 07 November, 2009, 12:59:35 am »

It was very rare that I was actually forced to stop and just kill things. The only time I remember that being necessary was for Sleeping Table because it's pretty much impossible to win that fight without Mediarama.
I was talking about money grinding. Or item runs, or whatever the **** it is YOU did to get cash.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #672 on: 07 November, 2009, 01:13:45 am »

I got money naturally, I never grinded for it until my second run when I was going for everything. <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #673 on: 07 November, 2009, 01:19:27 am »

I got money naturally, I never grinded for it until my second run when I was going for everything. <_<
Hm. Well I suppose that I had to grind because I did everything on my first one. >_>
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #674 on: 07 November, 2009, 04:45:12 am »

I had to grind once in P3, mainly because I was so retardedly underleveled that even generic encounters were 15 levels over me. And yet I still had no trouble with bosses.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 153   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: