Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 08:14:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Shin Megami Tensei General Topic

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 151 [152] 153   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei General Topic  (Read 19500 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #2265 on: 17 November, 2016, 07:58:40 am »

My problem with the final dungeon is two-fold:

1) It's not like, a special level of trial and error hell like Eridanus was, but it's tedious, overlong and its point has already been driven in long before it ends. It has an ungodly number of ambush spots and some really annoying horde battles that have gross amounts of HP and deal considerable-enough damage to usually kill someone in my party per horde.
2) Like, with the Massacre ending, the next step after laying the Divine Powers low is to end YHWH since that's the final step before your plan to recreate the universe has been completed. But with the Bonds ending, it's completely tacked on: You did what you came for, and basically the real narrative hook to confronting YHWH is just Steven appearing in a dream telling you to do so. So like, it's not like the final dungeon is a climactic lead-in to a battle you've really been waiting for throughout the game, so you're basically just getting a long, boring dungeon dumped in your lap for its own sake. It's weird because you actually get an epilogue for each character in the form of mail right after finishing the Cosmic Egg even though the game hasn't ended yet. I actually kinda wonder if the designers originally intended the whole final dungeon thing to be exclusive to the Massacre ending, and then they thought it wouldn't be fair if the Bonds ending was left out and decided to tack it on anyway.

I'm sitting right outside the final boss. Should probably just end the game; my completionist tendencies are bugging me about finishing off the Fiends before jumping on YHWH, but those Fiend fights are just so damn boring. They should have just made them DPS races/management like they did in SMT4 instead of monotonous battles of attrition.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 151 [152] 153   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: