Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 08:22:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ask me absolutely nothing.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask me absolutely nothing.  (Read 7075 times)
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1095 on: 19 May, 2016, 06:06:12 pm »

last night
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1096 on: 20 March, 2017, 02:03:02 pm »

Back at you
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1097 on: 20 March, 2017, 02:30:04 pm »

Sonic '06 and Shadow the Hedgehog. I think my opinion of those games is based off of nostalgia. Even at the time, I recognized that those games were awful, but I dunno. I was too much of a Sonic fanboy to care. I don't think I'd like them at all if I played them for the first time now. Sonic Adventure & 2 would probably count as well. A lot of people think those games aged poorly, but I would have fun if I played them again.

I could also include the original Nier, but to be honest, it wasn't nearly as badly received as Shadow or Sonic '06. I guess I also enjoyed Drakengard? But not really? I just thought the story was fascinating.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1098 on: 20 March, 2017, 04:27:47 pm »

I never played Sonic 06, but I remember renting Shadow and feeling like it was not very good, so maybe I was starting to wake up by then.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1099 on: 29 April, 2017, 10:22:15 am »

Same for you, how ya doing?
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1100 on: 29 April, 2017, 01:17:56 pm »

I'm ok. School is tough, but I'm hanging in there. Not much time for games anymore unfortunately, but I'm hoping to be able to play more when this summer comes around, especially the long ones like Zelda and Persona 5. How are you? It's been a long time since we last talked.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1101 on: 29 April, 2017, 01:31:55 pm »

Things have been pretty good, my life's pretty much settled for what it's worth since I'm fine with being a middle class grunt worker. I actually just got an interview for a higher position in the company, so I'm hoping that works out.

As far as games are concerned, I've been thinking of getting a Switch which would be my first home console since the Wii but I want to see what Nintendo has at E3 first, plus I've learned a long time ago to never buy consoles at launch.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1102 on: 07 August, 2017, 07:52:19 am »

Favorite song, character, boss, area, go.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1103 on: 10 August, 2017, 02:07:25 pm »

Hmm, it's hard for me to say to be honest. I'm actually not really sure why I asked you that question to begin with, because Nier is such an odd game. I'll write more on this later because I'm tired and lazy rn.

But if I had to pick, I'd go with Possessed by Disease, 21O, and the forest kingdom/tower place.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1104 on: 10 August, 2017, 02:46:41 pm »

:u
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1105 on: 25 August, 2017, 01:27:24 pm »

happy birthday?
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1106 on: 25 August, 2017, 01:27:44 pm »

birfday boy!
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1107 on: 10 September, 2017, 04:27:10 pm »

aww thanks guys, as super late as this response is lolol
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1108 on: 26 November, 2018, 09:36:29 pm »

gimme them fav games of 2018 my dude
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1109 on: 28 November, 2018, 07:31:58 pm »

I played the SotC remake, GoW, Detention, Hollow Knight, Soma, and RDR2 this year. I think I might've played a part of Nocturne too but I can't remember if that was 2017.

SotC was alright. I can see why people loved it, but it didn't do much for me. The overworld actually looked cool and reminded me of my visit to Iceland, but it was totally barren and lifeless. Maybe that was the point, or maybe the game just wasn't trying to make a legitimate overworld. There are parts of the game I respect regardless.

God of War might be my favorite in the series. It felt fresh, and I actually cared about Kratos this time. Plus the Norse setting was totally A+ and I was completely immersed with it. I can easily see myself replaying it later on. I hope the sequel just adds on better boss fights and more enemy variety.

Detention came out in 2017, but I played it last summer. It is one of my favorite horror games just for its story alone. It used horror as a lens to view one character's psyche, which reminded me of why I loved SH2. I feel like this game is largely unknown and I recommend it to anyone who likes horror games. It deserves more attention. I didn't think it was that scary, but it was incredibly atmospheric. I also learned a ton about Taiwanese history from this game. I'm really looking forward to RCG's next game Devotion.

Hollow Knight also came out in 2017, but I played it last summer. It's a superb Metroidvania with some amazing bossfights but some totally BS DLC. They're fun, but I don't know why the developers are so keen on making these impossible challenges. I'm also stunned at how so few people made this huge game.

Soma was alright. I kind of wish I just watched a playthrough of it instead of busting out $30 on it though. The gameplay was so boring and it wasn't scary at all. But the plot and themes were very well thought out. I mean, I don't think they were original, but the execution of its storytelling was great.

RDR2 might be one of my favorite games ever, but I'm still in the honeymoon phase. I mean, the game actually has a few things here and there that did bother me, with one major issue, but in truth I don't really care about those issues because of how good it is. Like, I still want to play it even though I beat it because there is so much that I clearly missed. This game also almost made me cry, so idk. Everyone should play it.

Oh yeah I also played through KH2 final mix. I think 12-year-old me would cream his pants because I was always dying to play the final mix versions of these games. Critical mode is also a serious challenge. Honestly, these games are really fucking stupid but I love them so much lol.
« Last Edit: 25 December, 2018, 05:00:28 pm by Youef » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: