Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 09:13:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Wargames 2

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wargames 2  (Read 94 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« on: 06 September, 2008, 10:46:24 pm »

Completely understandable if most if not all of you missed this flick. It is after all, a straight to dvd movie which is a sequel to a movie that was released in the early 80's. But I have to say that it was entirely enjoyable. Once you get past the blatant flaws with the way they use technology in the film, it's a pretty good movie.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

HylianFox
HylianFox
Internet Addict

« Reply #1 on: 07 September, 2008, 03:13:09 pm »

*types* l-e-t-s- -p-l-a-y- -w-o-r-l-d- -w-a-r- -i-i-i-

'OK, I don't care. I'm just a computer. And you're just some dumb kid.'
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #2 on: 07 September, 2008, 06:41:57 pm »

The entire movie could be completely thrown out, all you need to watch is the last 30 minutes.

*Spoilers for those who might one day watch it!*

Throughout the entire movie there's this new computer program called R.I.P.L.E.Y. that is in charge of tracking down terrorists and exterminating them. Using the six degrees of seperation theory, the computer eventually concludes that everyone in the world is a terrorist and decides to start by nuking Philly. So what do the protagonists do? They boot up the W.H.O.P.R. from the first movie, boot up the Joshua program and have it fight against the new Ripley. Joshua attempts to shut down Ripley by playing so many games per second that it overheats Ripley, but Ripley is unaffected, so they have Joshua play Total-Thermo Nuclear War against Ripley, where the first to destroy the world loses. After playing a string of games, Joshua prepares to fire a real armed Nuclear warhead at Philladelphia when Ripley stops it, stating that no matter what either of them do, they'll both lose, and that "the only way to win, is not to play".

*Ends Spoilers*

It was an awesome ending.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: