Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 06:56:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 46192 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1200 on: 26 April, 2016, 05:19:40 pm »

i want to play drakengard 3 now

I have no idea what draws me to these games. Drakengard is such a bad game, and I think Yoko Taro even recognizes that. Couple that with the fact that I had a weird, almost hallucinatory experience with the game because I was sick. I honestly don't even remember what I played aside from the fact that I just got really tired of its nonsense. I do remember Caim being a dick. And his A-Team crew consisting of a ****, a child cannibal, and...well...a child. A lot of people are drawn to it for its absurd story, but its storytelling is also abysmal. Not to mention the visuals were literally ass. Maybe it's just an unfinished mess? Maybe it didn't receive the budget it needed? I'm not sure but I'm really surprised Square Enix still makes games with Yoko Taro. I guess that's what happens when you have a Drakengard/Nier fanboy working as one of the Square Enix higher-ups. I don't think I'll ever return to the first Drakengard, but maybe I'll explore its lore a little more.

I think it's just the ideas behind the game that fascinate me. It's like Yoko Taro just thought of a bunch of fucked up things and decided to throw them into a game. As for Nier, well I feel more fondly of it several months after having beaten it. To be frank, I didn't mind the repetitive gameplay. The story wasn't perfect, and like Drakengard it was a giant mesh of ideas. But it was actually coherent. The writing was a definite improvement (I would hope it to be after like 10 years in between games anyways).

I know Drakengard 3 is very different than Nier in terms of narrative and gameplay, and I know it operates at a functional 5 fps on a good day. But I would still like to play it. Preferably while sick so I can have weird, LSD-inspired dreams and then question my existence and hate the game some more. This is a series I want to love, and because of that desire, I already enjoy it. What a strange relationship.

Nier Automata looks neat though. I think that has the potential to be actually enjoyable beyond just having "interesting ideas."
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: