Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:44:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 43272 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1230 on: 13 July, 2016, 03:46:23 am »

Okay, so today I:

• Did some boring stuff on Fargo's ship. This wasn't really interesting at all. I actually hate every moment I spend on that damn ship.
  • Fought Garai, who was slightly challenging but nothing unmanageable.
  • Made it to the Sea of Eden. This is where the game started to pick up again, given that I'm starting to finally see how this game is related to Chrono Trigger. Miguel was probably the most difficult fight in the game, and I guess the most emotional. But it feels like his encounter was just a missed opportunity. He's supposed to be Leena's father, but there isn't an opportunity to have her in your party so she can meet him. It also ties into why I think this game could have seriously benefited from having a tight-knit group like Chrono Trigger. It's not that I mind having all these characters (I literally got ten today from just advancing the plot), but it just isn't that impactful. At least the ones I received today are somewhat relevant to the plot, sans a few.
  • I made it back to the other world and did a few things with Viper Manor and all those associated characters. I got Marcy, Zoah, Karsh, General Viper, Riddel, and Fargo on my team. Might be forgetting a few other characters.
  • Now I'm fighting the dragons. I defeated the Water and Earth dragons, but the Fire Dragon is giving me quite a bit of trouble. Guess I'll save him for later.

Like I said, the pacing is just off. When this game is good, it's really fascinating. I think it has more potential than Chrono Trigger. It seems like it wants to tackle more sophisticated themes than its predecessor. Unfortunately those moments of fascination are just too far and few between. I honestly don't think I would mind the periods where the game starts to slow down if the game focused on fewer characters. These people are interesting upon meeting them, but their development literally goes nowhere. At least Kid was relevant to the story, but she isn't even in half the game.

That said, I'm still enjoying Chrono Cross regardless of my quibbles. I actually really, really dig the battle system, and it's more than enough to keep me going. 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: