Ultimate Paradise
17 October, 2018, 09:33:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hollow Knight)

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hollow Knight)  (Read 7158 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1335 on: 14 August, 2018, 12:19:56 am »

It definitely does. So does the Mark of Pride + Longnail + Quickslash. Using that combo, I finally beat the last trial in the colosseum. I made it to the boss a total of three times. The first time I was totally stunned that I made it that far and choked. The second time, I was determined to learn, but she was too fast for me to read her attacks and I died again. The third time I basically just spammed the attack button against her pet until it died. I went down to two bits of health until she finally succumbed.

Honestly, the only truly hard part of the entire ordeal is when you need to wall jump while dodging and avoiding a ton of enemies. That definitely required quite a bit of coordination and luck. The rest of the gauntlet actually wasn't too bad once you've played through them enough times to know where enemies will respawn and which ones to eliminate as soon as they arrive. Surprisingly it wasn't the primal aspids that gave me trouble, but the armored squits during the wall jumping section. They were just brutal, especially with the other enemies flying around.

I knew I wasn't going to get anything besides some Geo and an achievement, but I'm really glad I did that. It felt like a huge weight was lifted. Usually I don't care about ridiculous challenges like these, but I actually felt some drive to get through it, and I don't think I would've been satisfied if I didn't complete it. I don't think anything in this game will be that hard, aside from dream Zote, but I have literally zero desire to fight him anymore. I don't think I can handle that kind of difficulty.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: