Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 09:45:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 45969 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1410 on: 04 July, 2019, 09:38:57 pm »

Not making this small text for spoilers because this website is dead.

I’m glad I gave Sekiro a break. I think I was just really burned out from playing three JRPGs so close to each other. KH3 and FF10 in particular just left an awful taste in my mouth for video games, and that set me up very poorly for Sekiro.

Anyways, I’ve been playing more, and I think I can safely say that I’ve got the basic gist of the combat system now. I love it, now that I understand it. I think this is the closest a game with a standard controller can possibly get to replicating clashing swords. The fights have been immensely satisfying when you learn how aggressive you need to be. The game really forces you to be aggressive like Bloodborne, but the aggression feels more strategic and tactical than that game. It requires me to think even more on my feet.

Lady Butterfly took quite a few tries, but I was able to get her in the end. I also managed to killed Gyobou the Demon on my first try. It was one of those fights where you tell yourself that there’s no way you’ll win this one. But then it happened, and it felt so good.

The minibosses are really tough in this game. So far, they’ve all been more fun than Juzou the Drunkard. I believe I fought Blazing Bull, the Lone Shadow Longswordsman, Seven Ashina Spears, maybe two or three random Generals.

I also managed to defeat Genichiro. I don’t know how, but something clicked on my last attempt, and I just somehow knew when to keep up the pressure and when to dodge. Immensely satisfying fight, especially with the Mikiri Counter finisher.

Enjoying the hell out of it. Can’t wait to play some more.
« Last Edit: 06 July, 2019, 02:50:04 pm by Youef » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: