Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 04:02:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 45334 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1425 on: 15 July, 2019, 12:12:22 am »

Hmm.

How well do you handle the lightning attacks? Lightning counter, Mikiri, and punishing his sweeps with divekicks are like the most important things for beating him.

I've kinda soured on Matosis's brand of critique lately, at least as far as Souls goes. His video on Dark Souls II really didn't age well for me. Also he's never satisfied when a developer just does more of what they're good at. He's not wrong about there not being as much variety in boss fights now, though. But I've said before that I think one on one duels are kinda the heart and soul (no pun intended) of these games. It's also an interesting criticism seeing as phases represent variance within the fight itself. It would be boring if a boss never changed tactics on you, especially as they grow more desperate or realize their initial approach isn't working.

Do you think your phase fatigue has anything to do with the multiple health bars in this game? Since multiphase fights in Bloodborne or Dark Souls were still within a boss's health bar (I guess Dark Souls III got away from this with Friede and Gael, though).

Genichiro is kinda meant to be a joke at that point, but I can see how if you're struggling with it you would want to just skip him and get to the main boss.

Another thing: I’m really disappointed that I can’t fight Emma or old Isshin. I didn’t think that committing to one ending meant missing out on a few cool bosses.
Yeah, but on the bright side, a) you're not a terrible person, and b) the Shura ending isn't as long of a run if you want to get to that part.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: