Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 04:57:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 45875 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1485 on: 07 November, 2019, 10:11:19 pm »

Yay gimme your name and I’ll add you.

Also Heavensward spoilers in case anyone actually cares.

I’m going to preface this by saying that I really like the Ishgardian storyline. It’s so much more interesting than anything that happened in ARR, save for the ending of 2.55. I think I’m about halfway through with it, and I genuinely like all of the characters. They feel more nuanced and substantial, with their own conflicting beliefs. The writing does a good job of making you understand both Ysayle’s and Estinien’s perspectives.

That said, I am very disappointed with how they handled the story in Ul’dah. 2.55 ended on such a high, and I was really looking forward to how they would progress that story, especially because we spent such an arduously long time in 2.1 - 2.55 setting it up. But it ultimately culminated in...nothing at all. Nanamo was alive the entire time. Raubahn was reinstated. The Scions had their names cleared, and it’s not like the MC, Alphinaud, and co had to actually do anything. The plot just sort of solves itself. It was just a complicated series of affairs designed to kill off Teledji, who wasn’t even given significant development. I would’ve forgiven such lack of development if they actually went somewhere with this story. Also I cannot stand the trope of killing off a character only to reveal they were alive the entire time. I have rarely seen it used well, and this is no exception.

My disappointment is immeasurable, but maybe that’s my own fault for letting myself buy into the hype. I truly hope the Ishgardian plotline doesn’t devolve into this kind of nonsense, because I do think it to be captivating thus far.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: