Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 02:37:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 43041 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1050 on: 26 May, 2014, 12:17:08 pm »

Lol, yeah those Pirate debuffs were very useful. Victor also killed Victoria after he casted that holy attack on Ringabel, whom I had casted Reflect upon.
Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« Reply #1051 on: 26 May, 2014, 12:24:19 pm »

Lol, yeah those Pirate debuffs were very useful. Victor also killed Victoria after he casted that holy attack on Ringabel, whom I had casted Reflect upon.
Irony at its finest, I see
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1052 on: 26 May, 2014, 01:59:39 pm »

dragons completely destroying me

get rekt m8
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1053 on: 26 May, 2014, 02:02:52 pm »

dragons completely destroying me

get rekt m8
somewhat amusingly, ninjas destroy the dragons
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1054 on: 26 May, 2014, 02:08:58 pm »

Ninja destroys a lot of things.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1055 on: 26 May, 2014, 04:52:00 pm »

I felt a bit cheap for using Ninja. It made the game less fun for me when I spammed Utsusemi and Transience.

It does rule though. I used it in certain situations and it definitely helps when I'm in a tight spot.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1056 on: 15 July, 2014, 01:01:50 am »

Oh my god I'm on chapter 8 and this game still wants me to awaken those fucking crystals.
Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #1057 on: 15 July, 2014, 07:17:49 am »

Well, to be fair, you should know that it is over soon. But... have you tried the Eternian defense force's last stand yet? It is a nice benchmark to know if your team is able to tackle the end boss.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1058 on: 17 July, 2014, 12:58:28 pm »

I haven't. I got to Ouroboros though, will fight him later today or so.
Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #1059 on: 17 July, 2014, 11:31:09 pm »

Well, good luck!
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1060 on: 18 July, 2014, 03:27:53 am »

Well, I'm done. Not entirely sure I get the ending, but I also didn't really pay much attention to be honest.

Alright, Bravely Default is definitely a good game. I enjoyed it. The job system was deep and very fun, and the world was interesting. But it has its problems. Namely the entire second half of the game. I just didn't like having to fight those bosses over and over again. At the very least they could've designed new bosses for each chapter if they weren't going to do anything else new. Not only was it repetitive, but most of my gameplay in chapters 5-8 was just grinding. I know this is a common complaint and I'm beating a dead horse, but those are my thoughts. The first half was really great. It had good pacing, and the bosses were a blast to fight the first time around.

I also just didn't really like the storytelling itself. It was definitely interesting, but something about it was just just unclear to me. But the main issue is that I don't really care to figure it out. The game doesn't really do a good job at motivating me to do that, partly because it just gets exhausting towards the end. I found myself playing to just beat the game rather than enjoy it, which is a shame.

The characters were alright. The main characters improved towards the end. I thought Tiz and Agnes were both bland at first and Ringabel annoying, but they grew on me. Still, they were very standard RPG teen protagonists. There aren't really any side characters that stand out to me, except for maybe Edea's dad. And I barely saw him, because every time I had to repeat a chapter I wouldn't have the motivation to do any of the side quests again. That's another problem. There's so much there, but it just wasn't presented well towards the end.

I know I'm being a bit harsh on the game. I actually really enjoyed it despite all the problems I had with it. I just hope the sequel works around those problems I had. It took me 52 hours, and I just don't think it's worth it if the game repeats itself like that. This is actually the exact problem I had with Persona 3, although to a lesser degree.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1061 on: 18 July, 2014, 03:30:08 am »

Not sure what the next game will be. Bravely Default kind of burned me out with JRPGs, but I might play either Radiant Historia or FE: Waifu Edition next.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1062 on: 18 July, 2014, 03:34:57 pm »

Double Dragon Neon.
Report Spam   Logged

NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #1063 on: 19 July, 2014, 01:21:13 am »

By not fighting the Asterisks holders, you mised a lot of character devellopment, especially if you take the time to try different order to beat them, some comments can change in chapter 5-6, while 7 and 8 gives completely different stories (like Barbarrosa's reason for looking for the ultimate summon, the coup attempt by some of them...) and also some epic battles (The fire team in Chapter 8 come to mind, 99% sure to wipe your team first turn when you don't know what to prepare for).
Also, there's still the super boss on the 10th floor of thez hidden dungeon, seeing the bad ending and fighting the Nemeses. That is, if you want to push the combat system to its max...
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1064 on: 19 July, 2014, 02:13:25 am »

Yeah, I knew I was missing out on some stuff there. To be honest I just didn't really care at that point. I didn't really feel motivated to fight them again. I'm sure there was some interesting stuff going on, and I had a few glimpses into it since I did fight some of them again, but eh. I might go back and fight some extra bosses again someday.

I started Fire Emblem just now. It seems like it'll be fun. Didn't get very far though.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: