Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 02:09:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 43034 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1125 on: 05 March, 2016, 01:33:17 am »

Well I restarted Dark Souls 2 and boy the rapier sure does make things a lot easier
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1126 on: 05 March, 2016, 03:41:11 pm »

jesus christ how many fucking alonne knights does the iron keep even need
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1127 on: 05 March, 2016, 06:25:03 pm »

alotte knights
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1128 on: 05 March, 2016, 06:46:42 pm »

there's something weirdly comforting about one-shotting those guys with a great club. just feels great, y'know
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1129 on: 06 March, 2016, 10:28:03 pm »

Wow, someone actually got summoned for the Looking Glass Knight.

too bad they were worse than I am at pvp lol
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1130 on: 07 March, 2016, 06:57:13 am »

i've never had that happen and i'm jealous since i love that fight
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1131 on: 08 March, 2016, 12:06:06 pm »

For some reason he completely ignored me and only went after the two NPC phantoms I summoned, even after I repeatedly poked him with the rapier.

Also, new Zero Escape characters look awesome. I love the new designs.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1132 on: 13 March, 2016, 11:07:13 pm »

Man, I tried to platinum Dark Souls 2, and I actually got most of the trophies. But turns out that for one of them, I need to get all sorceries. That usually wouldn't be a problem, but one spell requires me to fight some NPC invader 30 times. Too bad his encounter rate was like 1 out of 20 for me. Fuck this. I never usually care about trophies or achievements, but I thought this wasn't so bad. Just kidding. All for one damn spell too.

I also have to do something similar for miracles too. What a joke.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1133 on: 13 March, 2016, 11:08:13 pm »

lol I also even refought some bosses using bonfire ascetics. At least that made it more challenging and fun but god damn
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1134 on: 13 March, 2016, 11:11:35 pm »

lol that seems pretty lame
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1135 on: 14 March, 2016, 12:55:38 am »

Well, aside from the DLC, I'm done replaying Dark Souls 2. Good ass game. I wish the bosses were a little better though...Maybe it's because I've played it before, along with Bloodborne and other souls but they felt very easy this time around. Still, I can't get tired of this shit.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1136 on: 15 March, 2016, 05:16:44 pm »

wow somehow From found a way to make smelter demon even worse
Report Spam   Logged
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #1137 on: 17 March, 2016, 09:11:39 pm »

I'm curious.

Your first time entering that forest with the invisible guys, (where you meet Vengarl), how did you do?
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1138 on: 18 March, 2016, 12:57:44 am »

I didn't die, but I could have also been just lucky, because I wasn't a very good Souls player at that point. I don't remember exactly what I did to get past it, but it was a bit nerve wracking. This time wasn't really any big deal, since I'm kind of used to that sort of thing. It's a really cool area though. I usually don't like places with limited visibility (frigid outskirts ugh), but that forest was cool.

Really annoying that you can't lock on to those jerks though. Makes fighting them with a rapier pretty irritating.

Also I beat all the bosses and DLC today. I think I liked the Ivory King the most, but I'm a sucker for snow-themed levels (see Phendrana Drifts from Metroid Prime). The Frigid Outskirts was obnoxious, but I just summoned NPCs. I didn't feel like soloing those cats and dealing with those fucking reindeer. This entire DLC reminds me of what the broken archstone in Demon's Souls could've been, so it's nice to actually see this sort of area. It really felt like a large castle that I was exploring, which I enjoyed. I have to admit, Anor Londo was awesome when you first encounter it, but that sense of awe didn't carry throughout. I think Miyazaki even said this himself. It felt like a giant empty space, and in terms of level design, I feel like Anor Londo could've been more like Eleum Loyce. (I feel like I always shitting on Dark Souls 1, but I swear I like that game as much if not more).

The DLC for Dark Souls 2 was really well done. The shortcuts and bonfire locations felt like classic Souls, and it really feels like From listened to their fans. The bosses were also a lot more interesting, except for the Gank Squad. I didn't mind them, but I would not want to solo that fight. Smelter demon is even worse. What a garbage fight lol. I feel like the paths to get to these bosses was also just exceptionally difficult (Smelter, Sir Alonne, Gank Squad). Elana was kind of annoying mostly because of Velstadt but she wasn't too bad this time around. Sinh also wasn't very hard, but a great fight nonetheless. Fume Knight didn't give me any trouble, but that's because I fought him so much before and died so frequently that I subconsciously knew his moveset this time around. Alonne was hard. Ivory King wasn't hard but I loved his fight, and Aava wasn't too bad. The other two cats were ok but I don't think I'd do well if I soloed them without NPCs. I know I could do it, but I just don't have the patience anymore.

Anyways, I'm mostly done with replaying the Souls games. I have a few bosses left of Bloodborne, but eh. I don't want to get burnt out from these games before Dark Souls 3 comes out. But I would like to check out Salt & Sanctuary at some point.

Overall:

Bloodborne > Dark Souls = Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2, but they all rule.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1139 on: 18 March, 2016, 05:31:16 am »

i don't really describe the DLC as being as superlative as most others seem to, but eleum loyce is a great map, maybe the best in the game. it's kind of like the painted city of ariamis (still one of the best maps of dark souls 1, btw) without the part where ariamis becomes hilariously trivial after the first go. shame they had to **** up that DLC with a goofy farming sidequest and the frigid outskirts lol

also yeah, really feels like dark souls 2 has some of the worst gauntlets to the boss of damn near any game in the series, and a lot of that was in the DLC. like, alonne is a dick, and i don't enjoy having to go through like, 20 alonne knights just to get to him whenever i die. i guess none of that was ever as bad as having to walk back to the ancient dragon's room in the base game after dying to it for the 40th time, though.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: