Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 05:45:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 43083 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1140 on: 18 March, 2016, 10:29:30 am »

I'm pleased you enjoyed Eleum Loyce because my buddy just beat it too and was pretty lame about it so its good to have someone to talk about it with. I still like Shulva the most by a little bit just because underground dragon worshiping cities are high in my list of cool things.

Personally I'd say it goes;

4. Demon's
3. Dark II if vanilla, if not then Bloodborne
2. Bloodborne or Scholar II
1. Dark

the real 2 and 3 are actually otogi 2 and 1 respectively
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1141 on: 18 March, 2016, 11:28:14 am »

without having finished bloodborne my order is

Bloodborne > Dark 1 > Demon's

which is pretty predictable

still no interest in actually playing 2, but I've been reading up/watching some lore stuff on it, and it seems ok
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1142 on: 18 March, 2016, 12:46:46 pm »

i guess none of that was ever as bad as having to walk back to the ancient dragon's room in the base game after dying to it for the 40th time, though.
That was also really bad. I never fought him in vanilla Dark Souls 2 for that reason alone. Darklurker can also be pretty frustrating. I didn't fight him either lol. The run to Tower Knight in Demon's was the bane of my existence though back when I was a scrub.

I'm pleased you enjoyed Eleum Loyce because my buddy just beat it too and was pretty lame about it so its good to have someone to talk about it with. I still like Shulva the most by a little bit just because underground dragon worshiping cities are high in my list of cool things.
I'd say it's my favorite place in Dark Souls 2 overall. It was cool that it had an NPC as well, but honestly I don't really feel like farming for those dumb Loyce souls.

still no interest in actually playing 2, but I've been reading up/watching some lore stuff on it, and it seems ok
What deters you from it overall?
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1143 on: 18 March, 2016, 01:23:20 pm »

Weird stats, the way healing works, and enemy design combined with the way combat was tweaked. It looks fine and the characters and lore are fine, but everything I've seen leads me to believe it's frustrating mechanically.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1144 on: 18 March, 2016, 03:43:14 pm »

Honestly, I've grown to enjoy the gameplay of Dark Souls 2 a lot actually in terms of just how many different things it lets you do. Probably the most fun game in the series about just coming up with something utterly outlandish, but fun, and seeing how far it gets you.

i mean, dark souls 1 is cool, but you can't dress up like a turtle-themed knight and dual-wield two giant hammers like this

really, its main problem is that it's rather vacuous as a pve experience beyond "kill a bunch of doods" such that you kinda have to fool around to make the most of it
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1145 on: 18 March, 2016, 05:36:41 pm »

I honestly think I'd have to like the series more as a whole to want to do that sort of thing. I don't exactly play these games to death, so to speak. Like I finished DS1 and then didn't touch it again until Floyd and Youef were like "hey let's do a co-op DS run." And I don't really have any desire to ever replay Demons' Souls. So I dunno. I know that these games have plenty of replay value, but I guess it hasn't been that compelling to me? And so if I don't particularly enjoy my first run of the game, I don't then say to myself "I need to play it again, but be more outlandish." I'm more likely to just drop it and go play something else.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1146 on: 18 March, 2016, 08:01:10 pm »

That's fair. Dark Souls 2 is also quite a long game, so it would be an investment. I put 41 hours into my last playthrough, and that was my second time playing. Though I guess that's because I actually did the DLC and fooled around otherwise. Healing is also weird...I don't like how unresponsive things can be (stamina regen being the worst offender of this). It's just overall a slower game than Bloodborne, which made the transition pretty difficult for me.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1147 on: 18 March, 2016, 08:11:01 pm »

On another note, I played a bit of Bloodborne recently, and the framerate difference was actually pretty jarring. I usually don't have an eye for that sort of thing, and I don't care about it, but damn. Would be nice if Bloodborne and DkS3 were 60 FPS on console.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1148 on: 18 March, 2016, 09:00:36 pm »

That's sort of been at the back of my mind since that news broke. I figure there's no chance you guys are getting DS3 on PC. Really is kind of a bummer they can't match that performance, although if I'm not struggling with Bloodborne, it shouldn't be too much of a difference for me.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1149 on: 25 March, 2016, 02:17:41 am »

jfc
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1150 on: 25 March, 2016, 08:23:50 am »

guh
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1151 on: 25 March, 2016, 09:40:00 am »

Science has gone too far.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1152 on: 27 March, 2016, 07:27:37 pm »

I started replaying Demon's on NG+ because fuck GTAV, and this might have the biggest difficulty spike between NG and NG+ on any Souls game I've played.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1153 on: 27 March, 2016, 07:57:52 pm »

You should probably edit the topic title. Every time I come in hear and you aren't talking about GTAV I get utterly disheartened. It ruins my day, man.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1154 on: 27 March, 2016, 08:00:13 pm »

nah I like ruining your day
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: