Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 05:52:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 43084 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1155 on: 27 March, 2016, 08:01:15 pm »

Also for a game that's seven years old (jesus), this game is still surprisingly somewhat active online. I dunno if it's because Dark Souls 3 is coming up, but still.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1156 on: 27 March, 2016, 08:06:48 pm »

I feel like it should be older than that. The rapid release of these games has done weird things to my perception of how long they've been around. I also often forget that I didn't even play Dark Souls 1 until after the second game had been out for four months.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1157 on: 27 March, 2016, 08:11:51 pm »

It feels pretty recent for me. I remember when the game first came out, when I was only marginally interested. I saw it had good reviews, but I think its notorious difficulty put me off. I eventually bought it, but never made it past the tutorial level after getting bored. It wasn't until Floyd played Dark Souls when I decided to give it another chance, actually. good times
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1158 on: 27 March, 2016, 08:14:29 pm »

You guys talking about it is what got me interested.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1159 on: 27 March, 2016, 10:30:49 pm »

Shrine of Storms will never cease being a clusterfuck.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1160 on: 28 March, 2016, 12:47:49 am »

well that part of the game has influenced me to write up my least favorite places in any souls game.

5. Black Gulch: I usually just go ahead and let myself get poisoned because it’s pointless trying to avoid those statues, but it doesn’t help that they stagger you. The Rotten also could’ve been a cool boss fight. As disturbing as his design is, I think it’s interesting and it reminds me of Nito in a way, but the fight itself was just really uninspired and made the entire trek to him feel pointless.

4. Duke’s Archives: There are way too many enemies here. It’s hell for an Int build, or maybe I just suck at it. It's also just really boring for me. Every time I replay Dark Souls, I stop after killing O&S because I just don’t feel like doing this and Lost Izalith. I’m okay with Tomb of the Giants and I like the New Londo Ruins, but ehhhhh.

3. Frigid Outskirts: Floyd called this place horsefuck valley and I agree with him. I will never solo this place or its boss. Kind of funny how this DLC has both my favorite and my least favorite areas in the game.

2. or 1. Shrine of Storms, 4-2: I really wouldn’t mind this place if there were some sort of shortcut to the boss. It’s probably the hardest part of Demon’s Souls for me, and having to redo it upon dying is enough to deter me from playing the game. I really like the Old Hero, but I always cheese him because I’d rather not die and have to do everything again. The Adjudicator and Storm King are also really bad boss fights. I mean Jesus, the first boss literally has two attacks. I might just include the entire archstone. Fuck this place.

2. or 1. Lost Izalith: I can’t think of a single redeeming factor of this place.

I actually don’t mind Blighttown, aside from the framerate issues. Shrine of Amana was also originally really difficult, but its atmosphere saves it for me.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1161 on: 28 March, 2016, 06:45:02 am »

lol adjudicator. he's literally completely locked down just by circle-strafing him. may as well have had vanguard be the boss there, since he's basically a less shitty adjudicator
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1162 on: 28 March, 2016, 09:26:51 am »

adjudicator aka shitty cait-sith
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1163 on: 28 March, 2016, 11:09:00 am »

i like adjudicator even if the fight isn't hard he's got a great design and one of the better boss themes in demon's
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1164 on: 28 March, 2016, 04:16:11 pm »

Also for a game that's seven years old (jesus), this game is still surprisingly somewhat active online. I dunno if it's because Dark Souls 3 is coming up, but still.

oh yeah, also this

a bunch of years ago, i think in 2012, there was this thing where atlus said they were going to shut down the NA servers so they did some world tendency events and a whole shitload of folks were playing to celebrate the end. they decided against it at the last minute and four years later they're still up, lol. wonder why they even did that
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1165 on: 28 March, 2016, 04:54:45 pm »

That's hilarious. Maybe they saw how many people were playing around that time and decided to not to shut it down.

In other news, I accidentally aggroed Yuria by carelessly firestorming the fat official next to her. At least I got her sweet hat.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1166 on: 29 March, 2016, 05:55:00 pm »

Wow, online backstabbing in this game is a lot worse than it was in Dark Souls. Dang. That was fun though.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1167 on: 29 March, 2016, 07:23:22 pm »

i don't really remember backstabbing in online demon's souls, except for stealth builds (yes, stealth builds are a thing in demon's souls). usually it was just a crazy roll-fest where you try to outplay the other guy. demon's souls PvP is pretty fun, but has a ton of crazy imbalances like the fact that invaders intrinsically have half the HP of the host, unlimited fast restorables and lol second chance, which the host probably already put up before you even invaded
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1168 on: 29 March, 2016, 08:14:20 pm »

yeah, the dude used that stealth shit and got me

He invaded me, and it was a cool fight until I stupidly fell off the tower of latria
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1169 on: 29 March, 2016, 08:14:54 pm »

Also, NG+ is actually pretty difficult in this game. Definitely feels harder than NG+ in the other ones.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: