Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 04:27:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 43071 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1170 on: 29 March, 2016, 08:19:41 pm »

Anyways, since I accidentally killed Yuria, I decided to go all out evil this time. I teamed up with Mephistopheles to kill a few NPCs for Colorless Demon Souls, and then killed her for some more. I'm gonna pick the bad ending this time even though it's the obviously wrong choice.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1171 on: 29 March, 2016, 09:16:13 pm »

people like to talk about who their souls waifu is, and i am consistently the only person who ever says mephistopheles

i think her outfit is like, my favorite outfit in the whole souls series. she is one well-dressed woman
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1172 on: 29 March, 2016, 09:18:43 pm »

While we're on this subject, is there a person alive who doesn't immediately kill Yurt upon letting him out?
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1173 on: 29 March, 2016, 09:22:37 pm »

i was spoiled on what he does before I met him the first time, but if I wasn't, I might have let him do his thing. it's more obvious once the series had its reputation for being really unforgiving and hard with dark souls solidified and based a whole recurring character archetype on him, but in a vacuum, it was kind of surprising how far they took him

oh yeah, also I used to go full evil when I was new solely to rock northern regalia 'cause that sword was dope up until I learned how to actually play the game lol.
« Last Edit: 29 March, 2016, 09:25:11 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1174 on: 29 March, 2016, 10:07:12 pm »

I killed him in order to get Mephistopheles to show up and give me some work. I am literally going to kill every remaining NPC right before I go below the Nexus, just for the sake of being a jerk. I have been spamming firestorm and it's worked wonders on everybody so far, except Biorr who probably has high fire defense. I had to spam Soul Ray on him maybe 20 or 30 times, and he didn't even aggro me. Just kinda stood there until he died.

Also, I got to fight a real player as the Old Monk, and I somehow won. I'm glad I got to experience that, even if it was just an ordinary PvP.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1175 on: 30 March, 2016, 01:58:26 am »

alright that's done again, did the bad ending, felt pretty bad for attacking the maiden

I didn't kill every NPC, but honestly I don't feel like finding Selen again or getting pure white world tendency in shrine of garbage. I killed most of them tho. Garl's black phantom is a jerk and I didn't want to keep hitting him with a whopping total of nine damage.

I really do wish we got to see the Land of the Giants. I imagine it would've been one of my favorite places in the game given what I've seen.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1176 on: 31 March, 2016, 09:28:20 pm »

This is unreal. I did it. I got the fucking Rakuyo. Holy shit.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1177 on: 31 March, 2016, 10:31:05 pm »

What was the secret to your success? Did you just get good?
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1178 on: 01 April, 2016, 12:36:47 am »

A mixture of learning how to successfully parry, my last remaining shaman bone blade, and luck. It took me fewer tries than I was expecting, but I think that's because I got lucky with my last shaman bone blade. If that didn't work, or if I died, I probably wouldn't have gotten it.

Anyways, I tried to do some of the Chalice Dungeons, and they're really boring. They're also really confusing to understand the first time. I don't think From did a great job with these overall. They're probably more fun in co-op, but honestly I really dislike this part of the game. Everything is so...monotonous. I don't think I would've minded a Chalice Dungeon sort of feature if the environments were at least varied. Some of the bosses seem cool though. It's a real shame. I think From could've just added a little more meat to the game if they spent the time they took on Chalice Dungeons on the main game instead.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1179 on: 01 April, 2016, 05:27:07 am »

when we coop we need to at least try to get to yharnam i must fight all bosses
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1180 on: 01 April, 2016, 11:21:47 am »

Yeah, kinda seems like they could have built a level for her since she's kind of important? Oh well.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1181 on: 04 April, 2016, 01:41:18 pm »

well I platinumed bloodborne for some reason. I don't really aim to platinum another game ever again, because that required a significant amount of time. but despite never being interested in trophies or achievements, that felt pretty satisfying. I would try it for the other souls games if they didn't have absurd farming requirements, but I don't think I'll do this for any other type of game.

The last three Chalice Dungeons were better than the first three, especially the Ailing Loran Chalice which at least decided to vary the color scheme up a bit. It started to remind me of the Pit of 100 Trials in Paper Mario, but not as good. Bosses were quite fun, though I think the main game and DLC had better ones overall. The Defiled Chalice was hard as hell because of the health penalty, which lets all the bosses one shot you with every move they've got. I disliked Amygdala already, and this dungeon made me dislike her even more. I cheesed that fight so much by abusing her AI.

Queen Yharnam wasn't very hard either. Not a difficult fight, but an interesting one nonetheless.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1182 on: 04 April, 2016, 03:43:05 pm »

i actually don't think dark souls 1 was that bad to platinum actually (done it on PC and PS3 without really trying for either). demon's souls was hilariously awful though.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1183 on: 04 April, 2016, 03:47:28 pm »

lol that pure bladestone tho

I was actually en route to platinum Dark Souls 1, but I eventually just stopped out of boredom. Definitely not as bad as Demon's or Dark 2.
« Last Edit: 04 April, 2016, 03:49:20 pm by Youef » Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1184 on: 04 April, 2016, 04:24:54 pm »

i actually duped like, hundreds or pure bladestone once i got mine just to spite the game

only they're on like, a level 180 toon so i can't pass them out that easily

EDIT: actually, i have to dupe greystone constantly as well just for basic PvP builds lol. so glad they nuked that ore system from orbit
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: