Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 05:40:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 43082 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1185 on: 04 April, 2016, 10:34:07 pm »

Decided to start Chrono Trigger since I've never actually played it. 4 hours in, fun game so far
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1186 on: 05 April, 2016, 11:06:52 am »

get that frog, best character
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1187 on: 05 April, 2016, 11:09:58 am »

i liked him a lot too and was sad when he left
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1188 on: 05 April, 2016, 10:22:56 pm »

I was going to go ahead and suggest you get the DS version for all the random **** they added to it, but since you're already playing and it's mostly a lot of grinding and sweet lewt you should probably just ignore it.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1189 on: 06 April, 2016, 01:12:35 am »

Yeah, I ended up downloading a ROM and realized I should've just downloaded the DS rom a few hours in. Still enjoying it well enough. It's starting to rekindle my interest in games, actually. Before that it was just Souls. Who knows if this will stick around, but I'm definitely seeing this game through to the end.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1190 on: 14 April, 2016, 01:01:51 am »

Alright, so I fought three bosses today.

Crystal Sage was a jerk. Deacons of the Deep were meh. I mean it was better than Prowling Magus and Congregation, but still. Cool music though. The Abyss Watchers were quite fun. I look forward to any future lore analysis on them. I didn't think they were too difficult, but I liked the mechanic of having them fight each other.

Starting to suspect this is actually Lordran. The Swamp has hints of it being Darkroot Garden, with all the items I found like the Dusk's crown.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1191 on: 14 April, 2016, 08:05:58 am »

I kinda find the Archdeacon kinda neat because it's basically the first time they tried to make a new variant of Phalanx since Demon's Souls. Lame fight, but the idea is kinda cute.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1192 on: 14 April, 2016, 11:27:44 am »

I kinda find the Archdeacon kinda neat because it's basically the first time they tried to make a new variant of Phalanx since Demon's Souls. Lame fight, but the idea is kinda cute.
That's actually a good point. I didn't see it that way. I also just realized that Crystal Sage is basically what Pinwheel should have been in terms of difficulty.

Did you get the Farron Greatsword? I'm pretty sure half the userbase is using it, but it's so fun.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1193 on: 15 April, 2016, 01:11:49 am »

Maniac, I have no idea how you beat Pontiff Sulyvahn in one try, because this guy kicked my ass left and right. He initially seemed as difficult as Ludwig, but I managed to adjust to his moveset more quickly. Turns out Farron's Greatsword's spinning attack is good for dodging too. I guess that makes up for not being able to use a shield or even being able to actually guard. All in all, great fight. Irithyll is also a beautiful location.

Oh yeah, and I fought the Old Demon King. He was hard, so I decided to cheese him because I didn't feel like being stuck there. Nice seeing all those dead capra and stray demons though. I think I even found the corpse of either the Fair Lady or Quelaag (I'm assuming it's the former). And Centipede demons.

Some people are saying this stuff is all fanservice, but I don't really see how that has to be so? It just seems like a more standard sequel to Dark Souls than Dark Souls 2 was. I dunno, just my thoughts. I'm enjoying it so far, and PvP is pretty fun. Now I'm even getting ganked by invaders. Who would've known that to happen? I think the multiplayer is definitely better than Bloodborne's. Bloodborne's could have been really great given the combat, but the PvP mechanics are really bizarre (using one insight to summon, having greatly reduced health as a summon or an invader, etc.).
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1194 on: 15 April, 2016, 06:57:14 pm »

Ok Yhorm has an awesome design, but that fight was really disappointing. It wouldn't be as bad if the Stormruler didn't do so much damage, but yikes. Guess any boss that involves the Stormruler is just destined to be underwhelming. This fight would've been much more fun if it was just an ordinary fight. He already has a decent moveset.

Aldritch was really fun, and he devoured Gwyndolin, so he gets points for that.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1195 on: 15 April, 2016, 07:16:21 pm »

Ok Yhorm has an awesome design, but that fight was really disappointing. It wouldn't be as bad if the Stormruler didn't do so much damage, but yikes. Guess any boss that involves the Stormruler is just destined to be underwhelming. This fight would've been much more fun if it was just an ordinary fight. He already has a decent moveset.

The first thing I thought of when I saw Aldrich was "man, Youef is gonna be so happy when he sees this."

Of course, Gwyndolin is second place for best waifu in my book (and first place is a minor demon's souls character nobody cares about, so he's far more relevant), so I was actually pretty god damn sad (and still kinda am) to see what became of him. Between that and the fact that Aldrich is a pretty cool boss fight, he'll probably hit the top of my boss list when I'm done with the friggin' game.
« Last Edit: 15 April, 2016, 07:18:21 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1196 on: 15 April, 2016, 09:22:21 pm »

The first thing I thought of when I saw Aldrich was "man, Youef is gonna be so happy when he sees this."

Of course, Gwyndolin is second place for best waifu in my book (and first place is a minor demon's souls character nobody cares about, so he's far more relevant), so I was actually pretty god damn sad (and still kinda am) to see what became of him. Between that and the fact that Aldrich is a pretty cool boss fight, he'll probably hit the top of my boss list when I'm done with the friggin' game.

Lol, who is your favorite one then?
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1197 on: 15 April, 2016, 10:16:02 pm »

Oh and also I beat the Dragonslayer Armor. It was a very telegraphed fight, and I knew exactly what moves to dodge before attacking, but I think having the...flying enemies (I guess) attack you was nice enough to keep me on my toes. I mean the armor looks like it's Ornstein's, but he isn't using his spear. I guess that might be because it's just his armor, but I wouldn't want to leave open the possibility that it's the armor of some knight that once followed Ornstein.

In a way, it reminded me of those Dark Souls 2 "dude in armor" bosses, but I thought it was more fun regardless. Ornstein was a disgrace in Dark Souls 2.

The Dancer had a cool design. It wasn't very difficult, but I liked this fight.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1198 on: 17 April, 2016, 12:32:02 am »

Gonna be some serious endgame spoilers, so don't look here out of mild curiosity if you want to savior the ending.

I ended up picking the Usurp the Flame ending, and that was quite sad. I have to say, I think I felt a more emotional attachment to this game than I did the other Soulsborne games. They all had a melancholic vibe, but this one felt especially poignant to me. I suspect that's because I was more involved in exploring every nook and cranny of this game while reading every tidbit of lore I could find. I think From succeeded in their goal of establishing "withered beauty" in this sort of game.

Whether or not I like it more than the original Dark Souls is a different story. It's hard for me to say, honestly. I have trouble picking between Demon's and Dark anyways. Dark Souls 3 however felt more consistent than either game. The pace never really felt off, and there weren't any areas in particular that I hated (Lost Izalith, Duke's Archives, Shrine of Storms). There also wasn't a boss that I hated, though I was disappointed with Yhorm. He could've been much cooler, but the game ended up resorting to a gimmick.

Actually, Ancient Wyvern wasn't great either. The initial run up to finding the point where you do a plunging attack was cool, but I wasn't expecting it to one shot him. That was a little lame. Still better than Bed of Chaos and Dragon God (though I think the former has cooler lore and the latter has a cooler design) if we're counting it as the standard gimmick fight.

Nameless King was difficult. I had some trouble with him, but I eventually beat him with no estus flasks and a sliver of my health remaining. Definitely one of the more cinematic fights. Also can't get any more metal than a skeleton king riding a wyvern while attacking you with a lightning infused sword/spear. Great fight.

Soul of Cinder was a good send off to the series as well. He gave me quite a bit of trouble, but only for the first phase. His goddamn lance form with his spin to win nonsense and healing miracle was just obnoxious, but I still really, really liked this fight.

I don't know how I'd rank these games, but I feel as though that is meaningless. While I was playing, I thought I would still prefer Bloodborne, but now I'm not even so sure. Somehow this game actually brought out a lot of the other Souls games for me. I'm impressed From is able to maintain this pace so far. However, I think it'd be nice if we had a bit of a break from these games. I'm not complaining about more Souls, but I'd like From to take their time to come up with new ideas. Maybe they have the manpower for it? I dunno.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. Great game. If anyone is curious, it took me 48 hours to beat. That's with doing a bunch of PvP, exploration, and basically having no life this week because I had off from work.

One last thing. The Gwyn theme remix sounded quite similar to a Yoko Shimomura song.

« Last Edit: 17 April, 2016, 12:51:35 am by Youef » Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1199 on: 18 April, 2016, 11:43:05 pm »

Lol, who is your favorite one then?
Oh. It's Mephistopheles. I'm good at remembering posts.

That doesn't surprise me. She looks and sounds like Gwyndolin, who is up your alley if you know what i mean, am i right guys
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: