Ultimate Paradise
18 March, 2024, 11:04:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 42991 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1215 on: 21 June, 2016, 02:22:44 pm »

Playing Undertale and am trying to avoid killing as many monsters as I can.

Limbo is apparently free on Steam right now, so I just downloaded that.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1216 on: 21 June, 2016, 10:59:22 pm »

Playing Undertale and am trying to avoid killing as many monsters as I can.
*excite*
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1217 on: 22 June, 2016, 01:02:27 am »

Yeah, that first playthrough was a bust. I got the Neutral ending because I killed some people. The only bosses I killed were Toriel and Undyne. So I fixed all of that and just got the True Pacifist ending. I'll go for the Genocide ending next.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1218 on: 22 June, 2016, 01:55:18 am »

Also, the soundtrack is sublime.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1219 on: 22 June, 2016, 08:47:46 am »

It's actually impossible to get the True Pacifist Ending your first time playing through, and it's justified in game. You have to get the neutral ending first. Even if you don't kill anyone during that playthrough, you'll get a neutral ending still. The difference is you don't have to play through it again, it'll just drop you at The End and tell you to go find Alphys.

Also, the soundtrack is sublime.
It's great.

Also don't feel like you have to do a Genocide run because.... well you don't.
« Last Edit: 22 June, 2016, 08:50:52 am by randomguy44 » Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1220 on: 22 June, 2016, 12:15:27 pm »

It's actually impossible to get the True Pacifist Ending your first time playing through, and it's justified in game. You have to get the neutral ending first. Even if you don't kill anyone during that playthrough, you'll get a neutral ending still. The difference is you don't have to play through it again, it'll just drop you at The End and tell you to go find Alphys.
So I've heard. It would've been nice to just go find Alphys, but I actually didn't really mind replaying the whole game again.

I'm considering doing the Genocide route to get more perspective of the world of this game because I'm a nerd, and also for the sake of completion. I considered watching a playthrough on Youtube, but I get a more personal experience when I play it. But we'll see.

Which songs do you like?
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1221 on: 22 June, 2016, 12:36:58 pm »

All of them, but especially ASGORE, Undertale, An Ending, Spider Dance, and Spear of Justice. Here We Are and Amalgam are also pretty high on my list.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1222 on: 01 July, 2016, 02:01:31 pm »

I finally beat Sans and got all three endings in Undertale. It really is an excellent game.

Also I forgot Zero Time Dilemma came out a few days ago, so now I am going to play that.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1223 on: 07 July, 2016, 04:55:33 am »

I don't think anyone here plays the Zero Escape series, but here goes nothing. Spoilers for all three games follow:

I just beat Zero Time Dilemma. Overall, I prefer it to Virtue's Last Reward, but I don't think it beats 999.

One thing I didn't enjoy about VLR was its selection of characters, aside from Sigma, Phi, and Tenmyouji. I honestly didn't feel as much of an emotional attachment to the other characters, and I think that was VLR's biggest flaw. I thought 999 nailed its character development though. Junpei and Akane's relationship felt meaningful, and the game's final segments were really touching. VLR had none of that.

I think ZTD does a decent job with its characters. Eric was a jerk, and Junpei turned into an ass, but they were still much more interesting than characters like Dio and Quark. I might even say that ZTD's cast is better than 999's. But my problem is that the game doesn't flesh them out completely. My biggest disappointment is that Junpei and Akane's relationship was completely swept under the rug. They obviously acknowledge it, but it doesn't really go anywhere. I think this is kind of offset by Sigma and Diana's relationship. Actually, this game did an excellent job with that team, although I do wish Phi wasn't dead most of the time.

That's another thing. The writing for Team D seemed to be a lot better than the other teams, especially Team C. Junpei's quips honestly made me cringe. Apparently Uchikoshi only wrote Team D's script, so maybe that partly explains it. I just wish this game didn't consider itself a sequel to only VLR. I was really hoping we'd see some 999 stuff. More Junpei/Akane, maybe some insight as to what's going on with Aoi, and so on.

In any case, I think ZTD's biggest flaw was its presentation. I was able to forgive the blocky animations after a while, but I would have preferred if it remained a visual novel. This game was much more disturbing than the other two, but I didn't feel the shock. It felt so much more visceral in 999, and I think that can be attributed to the writing. The cutscenes in ZTD somehow brought out the flaws in the dialogue to the point where it felt robotic. It's a shame too, because the 2D artwork for this game is fantastic. I would've loved to have seen that used in the format of 999's storytelling. I think it would have made some of the already impactful scenes (Phi dying, Diana and Sigma sleeping together, Junpei's proposal, etc.) more meaningful.

Also, **** this mind hacking stuff. What even was that. Okay, he can read and control minds. I'll take it at face value like I do everything else in these games, although to be honest, they kind of just threw that nonsense in there. But do you have to call it "mind hacking?" Delta was interesting, but his reveal just didn't have the same impact that Zero's reveal did in 999 and VLR.

I'm coming off as much more resentful of this game than I actually am. Truthfully, I loved it, and I really enjoyed what was going on. I think I understood it better than VLR, but that's relative. Music was on point too, especially the Morphogentic Sorrow and Blue Bird Lamentation remixes. But there was no Chill and Rigor, and that is a problem.

Anyways, I'm also making some progress in Chrono Cross. Got to Viper Manor and then stopped when I picked up ZTD.

Blogger's Paradise end.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1224 on: 07 July, 2016, 05:16:33 am »

blogger's paradise never ends you know this by now
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1225 on: 08 July, 2016, 06:29:04 pm »

Play Freedom Planet, ya fuckbad.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1226 on: 11 July, 2016, 12:46:20 am »

Not until I beat Chrono Cross. I'm enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would. I didn't understand how the battle system worked for a while, but now that I do, it's actually quite fun and unique. The game isn't very hard so far. I was doing pretty well even when I had no idea what anything on my menu went, and now it's just gotten easier after understanding it. I'm not complaining about that though, because I'm exhausted from playing "difficult" games now. It's actually relaxing.

I just reached Fort Dragonia. I guess I still have quite a ways to go, and so far I've recruited Razzly and Viper. I had Korcha in my party too for a bit, but he sucks and I'm glad he's gone. I was hoping I could recruit Leena, but it doesn't seem like I'll be able to do that in this playthrough. I don't really mind that this game has a million party members and no character development for any of them (although encountering the fairies with Razzly was sad). In a way, it reminds me of Paper Mario. It seems like the only characters that actually matter will get some development anyways.

I really do wonder how this game would have been received if it weren't a "Chrono" game. It got spectacular reviews, yet everyone is so divided on it, because nobody believes it was a worthy successor. But so far my impressions have been pretty positive, even though it was kind of a drag in the beginning. I'm also really interested in checking out Radical Dreamers now.

The music is incredible too. This soundtrack might be up there as one of my favorites.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1227 on: 11 July, 2016, 03:05:57 am »

my only exposure to chrono cross, or chrono anything, was a something awful LP of chrono cross. going from that, I'd say chrono cross fails on its own merits as a story even divorced from its tenuous ties to chrono trigger, but I guess you haven't played enough to decide for yourself.
« Last Edit: 11 July, 2016, 03:08:40 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1228 on: 11 July, 2016, 10:47:20 am »

my only exposure to chrono cross, or chrono anything, was a something awful LP of chrono cross. going from that, I'd say chrono cross fails on its own merits as a story even divorced from its tenuous ties to chrono trigger, but I guess you haven't played enough to decide for yourself.

I generally agree with this from what I've played. A review-y guy I like once brought up that Kato's an old media guy trying to work in a new media format and the two things don't mesh together well with his ambitions.

I'm glad you're digging it though UF. I know a lot of people that really love that game.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1229 on: 11 July, 2016, 04:36:35 pm »

I don't think I can say much about the story, though it has been slow so far. I've been told it picks up at Fort Dragonia; I think I'm only around a quarter way through the game, so I can't really say much. However, I do know that it concerns Schala, and I know who Kid is at least.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: