Ultimate Paradise
18 March, 2024, 11:39:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 43000 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1305 on: 19 March, 2018, 05:51:38 pm »

Doubtful. Different Colossi require different approaches, but the control scheme and basic pursuit of each fight are constants.

I think you get out of the game what you're willing to put in. So if you're willing to buy into the idea that clambering up a giant stone beast isn't a precise act (like the controls), you'll get more out of it than if you expect Wander to nail every jump on your first try. Similarly, if you buy into the fact that those lands are a cursed, forbidden place, so much that they are sparse and bleak so as to be devoid of most life besides the colossi and some strange black lizards, you'll have a different experience than someone who expects big open areas to be rich and populated.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1306 on: 20 March, 2018, 11:01:53 pm »

I think you get out of the game what you're willing to put in. So if you're willing to buy into the idea that clambering up a giant stone beast isn't a precise act (like the controls), you'll get more out of it than if you expect Wander to nail every jump on your first try. Similarly, if you buy into the fact that those lands are a cursed, forbidden place, so much that they are sparse and bleak so as to be devoid of most life besides the colossi and some strange black lizards, you'll have a different experience than someone who expects big open areas to be rich and populated.
I'm glad you said this, because I think it helped me develop a better attitude towards the game. I went in to the game today with a different perspective than I did before, and I ended up finishing it. It has its problems, and its not my favorite game, but I definitely have more respect for what it is and what it represents. This remake also looks stunning. There are few games where I will just stop to look at the environments, and this was one of them.

Also Celosia can fuck right off.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1307 on: 20 March, 2018, 11:08:15 pm »

Is that one of the smaller ones? Those are the worst.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1308 on: 20 March, 2018, 11:21:50 pm »

Yeah, the one that's afraid of fire. It takes Wander forever just to get back up after getting hit, and by the time he gets up, he gets hit again. I got caught in a cycle of that until I actually died. Definitely one of the most frustrating bosses I've fought in a long time.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1309 on: 20 March, 2018, 11:22:34 pm »

Also, I kind of anticipated the ending, but it still made me feel a bit sad.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1310 on: 20 March, 2018, 11:46:31 pm »

Yeah. I appreciate the role reversal, though. As clunky as the controls can be, it's nothing compared to when you're suddenly this huge unwieldy monster trying to fight smaller, more nimble foes.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1311 on: 27 May, 2018, 11:08:35 am »

God of War is really fun.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1312 on: 03 July, 2018, 11:01:36 pm »

Finally beat God of War. That was a really fun game, even if the boss battles were lacking. I don't really like having to fight some variant of a troll or ancient like twenty times. The enemy variety also wasn't great. For a game so rich in lore, you'd think there would be more interesting things to fight. The valkyries were fun though. Sigrun felt like a boss out of a souls game, and it felt like her fight was a culmination of everything I had learned in the previous valkyrie fights. The story is also a lot more interesting this time around than the first three. I actually kind of cared about Kratos in the end, I think.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1313 on: 07 July, 2018, 12:02:49 am »

So I just played this indie Taiwanese game called Detention. I don't think anyone here has played it, but I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Silent Hill 2. The atmosphere was immersive and story was beautiful and so poetically written to the point where I almost felt like I was reading a novel. Definitely looking forward to this developer's second game.
« Last Edit: 07 July, 2018, 12:06:12 am by Youef » Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1314 on: 09 July, 2018, 05:40:08 pm »

On Steam?
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1315 on: 09 July, 2018, 05:44:03 pm »

Yeah. I think it's also on Switch and PS4 too.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1316 on: 12 July, 2018, 11:32:29 pm »

I got Hollow Knight for the Switch. Only an hour in, but I really like it. The controls feel satisfying. You also really feel the impact of getting hit. I already fought two bosses and they were both really fun. Beautiful music too.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1317 on: 13 July, 2018, 09:33:13 am »

yes

yeeeesssss

good
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1318 on: 15 July, 2018, 11:34:01 pm »

Got through a good chunk of Greenpath today and fought Hornet for the first time. I think my abilities are limited, so there are a lot of area that I haven't been able to explore, but I'm looking forward to going back. I really dig the artstyle and character/art/boss design of this game. Everything feels generally lush and lively, and that feels refreshing. Also from what I understand, this game is huge. I don't think I've even scratched the surface, and I'm actually excited to see what's in store. Lately I've dreaded playing games of a large scale, so it's nice to have that feeling again.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1319 on: 15 July, 2018, 11:48:10 pm »

oh yeah, I played DDLC a few weeks ago. that was okay.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: