Ultimate Paradise
18 March, 2024, 09:09:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 42969 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1320 on: 16 July, 2018, 08:31:36 am »

Got through a good chunk of Greenpath today and fought Hornet for the first time. I think my abilities are limited, so there are a lot of area that I haven't been able to explore, but I'm looking forward to going back. I really dig the artstyle and character/art/boss design of this game. Everything feels generally lush and lively, and that feels refreshing. Also from what I understand, this game is huge. I don't think I've even scratched the surface, and I'm actually excited to see what's in store. Lately I've dreaded playing games of a large scale, so it's nice to have that feeling again.
Yeah the first couple of hours are a bit slower just because your traversal options are so harshly limited at the start. The next thing you get opens up the game a lot more.

It really is a big game. The number of times I found a new area after thinking I had been everywhere was crazy. (Also as a general tip, if you double tap the map button it opens the world map.)
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1321 on: 24 July, 2018, 01:30:28 am »

This game is so good. I don't really know where to start with any updates since I played a bunch of it recently. I explored a lot of areas and got a bunch of upgrades. I also got lost in the Deepnest without ever buying the lantern, and I felt totally helpless until I finally found a tram on the way out. Been also fighting a bunch of bosses and mini-bosses, and even the super repetitive ones have proven to be really fun for me to fight against. They do a good job of having you develop the right skills in the first phase of each fight so you can take on the more hectic later phases, like against the Mantis Lords.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1322 on: 24 July, 2018, 07:30:43 am »

Getting lost in Deepnest is an integral part of the Hollow Knight experience. I'm glad you passed the ordeal.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1323 on: 30 July, 2018, 05:41:49 pm »

Nosk was intense when I first encountered him. Apparently the developers made him a lot harder? In any case, once I found out what to do, he wasn't so bad. Really fun. I also beat Galien, who was really fun. I think that about covers most of Deepnest.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1324 on: 30 July, 2018, 11:33:00 pm »

I love the approach to the Nosk fight. His area does have one or two safe spots to make use of, thankfully. Otherwise it would be much more stressful.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1325 on: 31 July, 2018, 04:20:21 pm »

The build-up to Nosk gave me SA-X vibes.

I found those corners by total accident and it felt satisfying, because I didn't think I would've been able to beat him otherwise. Apparently he didn't attack with that burning slime before the update, which definitely made the fight a lot harder.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1326 on: 31 July, 2018, 11:12:57 pm »

Burning slime does not sound familiar. I just remember jumping and orange projectiles.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1327 on: 03 August, 2018, 02:08:04 am »

I mean yeah, it was orange acid or whatever.

Overall, this has been a very frustrating day for Hollow Knight. Primal Aspids are the bane of my existence and I pray for their extinction. Also, I did 2 of the 3 colosseum trials. The last one is absurd, and I only want to do it because I want to fight the boss, but I'm honestly not sure if it's worth it at this point. And fuck the Lost Kin so much. How am I supposed to defend myself against these orange blobs when they blend in with the background as they spawn? I think I'm too weak to fight him, or at least I don't have the right equipment for a decent build against him. I'll have to come back later. Lastly, the bank chick robbed me.

I need a break.
« Last Edit: 03 August, 2018, 02:10:13 am by Youef » Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1328 on: 03 August, 2018, 08:00:13 am »

Primal Aspids are the worst enemy in the game and I'm not sure I even attempted the last trial. The colosseum is just grueling.

Without knowing where you've already been and what you have at your disposal, I can't really say what you would need to do for the Lost Kin. I remember it being a gut check at that point in the game, but I did beat it without leaving to go elsewhere.

and how did she rob you, is that a thing?
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1329 on: 03 August, 2018, 01:51:31 pm »

I think I put in over 4000 geo or something and I went back. She was just straight up gone and the bank itself was a cardboard cutout that I could knock down.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1330 on: 04 August, 2018, 01:47:07 am »

all right well even though you got got that's hilarious
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1331 on: 04 August, 2018, 10:27:09 am »

Yeah apparently it's like a meme so I'm weirdly okay with going through that experience. I like the game enough to not mind so much lol
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1332 on: 06 August, 2018, 11:28:50 pm »

Did a bunch of the Royal Waterways, saved Bretta, and then fought Grey Prince Zote up to level 3. Apparently there isn't any gain in fighting his higher levels, and I'm not good enough at this game to want to try them. The first three fights were fun and challenging enough. I also fought Uumuu with Quirrel which was cool.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1333 on: 07 August, 2018, 08:13:45 am »

I like Quirrel.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1334 on: 07 August, 2018, 06:04:08 pm »

He seems like the type of character you would like.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: