Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 01:55:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 43029 times)
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1335 on: 08 August, 2018, 11:07:57 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1336 on: 08 August, 2018, 06:50:54 pm »

This is not a game. This is art.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1337 on: 08 August, 2018, 06:51:39 pm »

I'm literally getting excited for characters I didn't think I would care so much about. I'm shocked at how much Sakurai is putting in.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1338 on: 08 August, 2018, 09:47:16 pm »

I watched the K.Rool vid on the site like ten times already since coming home tonight, I think he may usurp Dedede's position as main main.

Assuming Simon/Richter don't take it anyway, it's still surreal that Dedede was cemented as that only for three people to show up and threaten him.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1339 on: 12 August, 2018, 07:34:44 pm »

Did a few more things in Hollow Knight yesterday. I beat Lost Kin after changing up my build. Saved a bunch of more Grubs, beat the Collector, and upgraded my nail all the way. I also made much further progress in the last trial of the colosseum. I think I can actually beat it, but I am concerned about the boss and whether or not I can consistently reach her if she is hard enough to actually kill me. But I'll soldier on nonetheless.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1340 on: 12 August, 2018, 10:29:32 pm »

That final nail upgrade definitely helps a lot.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1341 on: 14 August, 2018, 12:19:56 am »

It definitely does. So does the Mark of Pride + Longnail + Quickslash. Using that combo, I finally beat the last trial in the colosseum. I made it to the boss a total of three times. The first time I was totally stunned that I made it that far and choked. The second time, I was determined to learn, but she was too fast for me to read her attacks and I died again. The third time I basically just spammed the attack button against her pet until it died. I went down to two bits of health until she finally succumbed.

Honestly, the only truly hard part of the entire ordeal is when you need to wall jump while dodging and avoiding a ton of enemies. That definitely required quite a bit of coordination and luck. The rest of the gauntlet actually wasn't too bad once you've played through them enough times to know where enemies will respawn and which ones to eliminate as soon as they arrive. Surprisingly it wasn't the primal aspids that gave me trouble, but the armored squits during the wall jumping section. They were just brutal, especially with the other enemies flying around.

I knew I wasn't going to get anything besides some Geo and an achievement, but I'm really glad I did that. It felt like a huge weight was lifted. Usually I don't care about ridiculous challenges like these, but I actually felt some drive to get through it, and I don't think I would've been satisfied if I didn't complete it. I don't think anything in this game will be that hard, aside from dream Zote, but I have literally zero desire to fight him anymore. I don't think I can handle that kind of difficulty.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1342 on: 14 August, 2018, 08:33:02 am »

Hmm hmm.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1343 on: 18 August, 2018, 11:42:07 am »

I don't think anything in this game will be that hard
lol except for the path of pain apparently

I saw a video of it online and what the fuck. How anyone has the patience for that shit is beyond me. The White Palace alone is just not that fun for me, and I can't imagine getting any satisfaction out of completing the path of pain.

I also "beat" the game a few days ago, but I didn't get the true ending so I'm working on that now. I originally wanted to 100% the game, but I think I'm just gonna finish up here. 85% is good enough for me.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1344 on: 18 August, 2018, 01:52:54 pm »

not saying you should go wild and get 107% or whatever but if you don't beat the true final boss I'm disowning you as a friend
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1345 on: 18 August, 2018, 07:41:50 pm »

Well then be prepared to stay friends with me because I got the true ending :u

So I got through White Palace and it actually ended up being a lot more fun than I thought. A lot of nerve-wracking moments in which I was worried I would have to start all over, but I ended up getting through just fine. Still not planning on doing the path of pain though. I got the second ending just because, and it wasn't that much different from the first ending that I got. Then I fought the Radiance which was a very fun fight. It had the perfect amount of challenge for me. I'm gonna have to watch some lore videos to understand more of this game, but I loved it. Definitely one of the best Metroidvanias I've ever played.

I'll probably do a bunch of extraneous things on the side from here on out. I'm at 87% so maybe I'll pick it back up in my spare time and do whatever else that's needed to be done.

One of the most liberating feelings about playing a game is being able to Youtube it without concern of spoilers so now I will go do that.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1346 on: 18 August, 2018, 09:02:04 pm »

One of the most liberating feelings about playing a game is being able to Youtube it without concern of spoilers so now I will go do that.
absolutely

good work

I actually haven't looked up that much lore either for this game, but I should binge some at some point
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1347 on: 09 October, 2018, 11:08:53 pm »

Been playing through Soma. The gameplay is really boring and I don't really care about the monsters, but the story has been quite good enough to keep my going so far. Interesting how many horror games have great stories. Silent Hill 2 and Detention immediately come to mind.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1348 on: 09 October, 2018, 11:09:47 pm »

On another note, I tried the new Hollow Knight DLC and boy fuck some of that shit. Some of those challenges are literally impossible. Not even gonna bother.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1349 on: 10 October, 2018, 12:30:18 pm »

Silent Hill 1-3 is such a great first three games of a series, not a knock against SH4 but starting with that game was when things started going downhill until the embarrassment that was Homecoming and the death of the series that was Book of Memories.

Shattered Memories was great, but I don't consider it truly a real Silent Hill game.

I've been meaning to try Hollow Knight eventually, but there's been a lot of buzz about Dead Cells in a few of my circles and that's been starting to take my attention away from it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: