Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 02:57:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 43050 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1455 on: 04 August, 2019, 02:27:54 am »

9, which house did you pick
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1456 on: 04 August, 2019, 09:33:30 am »

yeah thats the important shit
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1457 on: 04 August, 2019, 11:06:23 am »

Blue Lions. Trying to recruit Bernadetta so I can hang out with her, but I super wish Ashe was a gay option.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1458 on: 05 August, 2019, 04:22:17 am »

Bernadetta is so fucking good. MVP in most of my games.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1459 on: 05 August, 2019, 11:05:50 am »

Felix keeps oneshotting units, he needs to calm down.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1460 on: 05 August, 2019, 03:14:44 pm »

Petra ended up being my MVP and could basically solo the final boss if I had the patience.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1461 on: 09 August, 2019, 05:31:35 pm »

Been playing through a ton of Fire Emblem instead of studying for boards. Here are some thoughts.

I finished Rhea’s route first, largely because I wanted to get it over with. I thought the story of this game was great, but I felt the ending was a bit underwhelming. However, I don’t think that’s a fair assessment yet. I suspect I will need to play through the other routes to immerse myself with the game’s plot. It seems like much more interesting things happen in the other houses. That being said, the story was still great. The characters actually felt fleshed out and realistic, and the development they receive after the time skip was excellent. Floyd mentioned something about Edelgard being Daenerys done right, and that’s a very apt comparison. Now I want to do her route and Punished ‘Venom’ Dimitri’s route, but I might save them for the end.

I’ve been really enjoying the gameplay too. It’s on the easier side, except for the final boss which was a bit more of a challenge. I don’t really want to try a harder difficulty though. I like challenges, but I don’t like doing it in RPGs where battles can go up to half an hour. I just don’t have that amount of patience or time. Also the menu system is kind of bad. It’s so easy to get lost, and I think it’s hard to keep track of your items. But honestly, these are pretty minor gripes, and I think the game is otherwise super fun.

Music is fantastic. There is nothing short of greatness in this game’s soundtrack.

I’m really happy about this game overall. I’m glad it’s my first FE game. It’s also kind of a relief to play this type of game after the schlock that was KH3 and FF10. Like, I know they’re very different, but I can’t help but compare them. This game pulls off the anime/JRPG vibe really well. It doesn’t overdo it either like the aforementioned games, or like XC2, whose character designs and interactions (among other things) completely turned me off from the game. I wish more JRPG-type games had realized characters like this.

Anyways. I think I need some distance. Too much of a good thing isn’t healthy, and I desperately need to catch up on studying. I’ll probably do Golden Deer next.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1462 on: 10 August, 2019, 09:25:50 am »

Glad you dug it man. I will say the ending seems underwhelming no matter what route you go with, but I guess that's par for the course when you have so many variables that can go into it.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1463 on: 10 August, 2019, 10:56:02 pm »

Honestly I’m okay with that at this point. It’s not perfect, but it does everything else well enough.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1464 on: 11 August, 2019, 07:13:59 am »

Yeah same. The characters are so good I dont really mind the plot details.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1465 on: 12 August, 2019, 09:28:33 am »

So by some divine miracle, I managed to get Devotion to work on one of my computers. This computer itself is kind of awful though, so I don’t know if it will run well. But this at least confirms that I can download and play it.

I’m totally ecstatic. I feel like I’m about to join some hidden club.
Report Spam   Logged
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #1466 on: 22 August, 2019, 06:13:39 pm »

Can you imagine the post-skip Gronder fight on a harder difficulty? Holy.
And I don’t understand how you guys are lapping me.  I haven’t even finished my 1st run!

Anyway, does Borderlands 3 interest you at all!?
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1467 on: 22 August, 2019, 07:01:21 pm »

im lapping you because im obsessed with this game whoops
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1468 on: 25 August, 2019, 03:00:33 pm »

I’m probably only lapping you because I have no life lol. I finished Golden Deer and am doing the Blue Lions and I think this might be my favorite house.

And yeah, the Gronder fight would be tough on Hard classic. A part of me wants to be okay with my own units dying in this game. It would add to the illusion that I’m in a war with people  dying, but I can’t let that happen. Although I’m okay with Lorenz and Caspar kicking the bucket.

I’m not really sure about Borderlands 3. It hasn’t actually been on my radar, but I’m not like actively disinterested in it. I guess I just haven’t looked into it yet. I might do so in the near future though.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1469 on: 05 September, 2019, 09:34:44 pm »

XC1 remake on Switch and they didn't weeaboo up the character designs like in XC2. I'm def gonna get that.

Almost done w/FE3H. Just gotta finish my last route here w/the Black Eagles.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: