Ultimate Paradise
18 March, 2024, 11:36:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 42999 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1470 on: 21 September, 2019, 01:52:59 pm »

Sayonara Wild Hearts was lovely and I enjoyed its soundtrack immensely.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1471 on: 26 September, 2019, 08:18:14 pm »

Started Shadow Hearts and it's okay? Not terrible, but sort of just acceptable? The battle system is fun, but the pacing is a little off I think. The writing is super campy which I'm all down for, but I'm looking more forward to the second game.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1472 on: 26 September, 2019, 10:17:08 pm »

sounds about close to the consensus. helps shadow hearts a decent bit that it's a sequel to a game regarded as interesting but so fundamentally broken in execution that it's horrible anyway, so it ends up looking pretty decent by proximity
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1473 on: 27 September, 2019, 02:51:26 pm »

koudelka baby

never played it I just know it was published by SNK of all people

I played maybe one hour of Shadow Hearts probably five years ago. I definitely still have it, I might have the second game too? I have too many fucking games.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1474 on: 13 October, 2019, 06:37:35 pm »

I started playing a bunch of FFXIV now, and I think I'm digging it. I'm told that ARR is very fetch-quest heavy, in addition to the stuff leading up to HW. I'm at 25 levels in, and I think the story is starting to finally pick up now. I'm mostly enjoying just exploring the world and doing whatever at this point. Raids are entertaining, although the game is incredibly overwhelming and I feel like I have to look at a million things at once on my HUD. It's very easy to get tunnel vision and focus on just one element of the battle. Like for example, I'm trying to build and maintain enmity between myself and the enemies since I'm playing as a tank, but then I forget about my health and see that the healer has neglected to restore any of it. And I still get mixed up on my button inputs.

But all in all, I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. It would be fun if I knew more people playing it, but I think I'll get to know some of these people reasonably well with time.

I'm also open to playing some Overwatch now that my internet actually works for my PS4 in this dorm.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1475 on: 15 October, 2019, 05:40:48 pm »

ARR is pretty badly structured but you tend not to notice/care about it the first time around because at least the main quests give some decent exp. once the patch content comes in, it gets pretty conspicuous since those quests give miserable exp rewards on top of being numerous and taking a million years to get through.

tank aoe is efficient against 2 or more enemies for pretty much all of ARR (and always efficient against 3 or more), so don't hesitate to just spam your aoe attack/combo. as long as you do that, you'll never lose aggro. also don't worry too much about your HP this early on, the incoming damage you're taking is low enough that unless you're pulling 6-9 mobs at a time to maximize aoe damage, your healer has to be sitting there drooling all over their keyboard to not catch you before you die.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1476 on: 16 October, 2019, 05:18:36 am »

maniac can you be my senpai mentor in this game
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1477 on: 16 October, 2019, 07:53:28 am »

only if I don't have to play the game because I've been unsubbed for like two months
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1478 on: 17 October, 2019, 11:07:10 pm »

Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1479 on: 05 November, 2019, 02:32:53 am »

I finished ARR and 2.1-2.55. Started Heavensward and it's already leagues ahead of ARR.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1480 on: 05 November, 2019, 03:19:31 pm »

no way, picking up the individual scales that fell off from some z-list npc's ancestral armor in 2.2 was the height of drama

p.s. resubbing in a couple of days because I don't wanna lose my house. the things we do
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1481 on: 05 November, 2019, 05:34:58 pm »

at first i thought this meant ffxiv takes people's real houses if they don't resub
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1482 on: 05 November, 2019, 08:18:59 pm »

no way, picking up the individual scales that fell off from some z-list npc's ancestral armor in 2.2 was the height of drama

p.s. resubbing in a couple of days because I don't wanna lose my house. the things we do
I personally preferred playing hide-and-seek with forgettable NPC children and delivering lunch to lazy workers.

The game even makes fun of the fetch quests. The NPCs constantly question why you, the Warrior of Light, are relegated to menial tasks,  but the self-awareness doesn’t excuse it. The Company of Heroes series of quests was just abysmal. It’s a good thing the game is actually fun to play and that the story picks up eventually. The end of 2.55 was great.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1483 on: 06 November, 2019, 11:03:37 am »

at least the company of heroes questline makes some kind of sense even if it's tedious from the player's perspective. the lead up to garuda where it explicitly wastes your time for literally no story reason would probably be the most cursed part of the game if it didn't give decent exp. it's so funny that I basically have to warn everyone who asks me if ffxiv is worth playing that the early game will tremendously waste their time before they can get to shadowbringers or whatever the hell part they're excited about
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1484 on: 07 November, 2019, 07:03:50 pm »

ok now i can be your mentor youef-kouhai
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: