Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 06:46:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 43094 times)
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #1095 on: 21 March, 2015, 08:40:50 pm »

I'm just barely alive.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1096 on: 12 November, 2015, 01:32:26 am »

Damn, it's been months. Let's see, Bloodborne was awesome. MGS5's gameplay was great, story was terrible. Witcher 3 is good but I'm too lazy to finish it. It also runs like ass on my PS4. Played a bit of Drakengard. Then I got fed up with the gameplay and looked up a let's play of it. Weird stuff. It's like the NGE of gaming. Nier was pretty good too. Really looking forward to Nier Automata now. Maybe I'll play Drakengard 3 for the wackiness.

also fallout 4
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1097 on: 12 November, 2015, 02:54:07 pm »

i like how the dark id singlehandedly redeemed drakengard and now people are actually excited to play it solely because one dude made a really good lp of it

you know, despite it being one of the least fun games to play ever made
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1098 on: 12 November, 2015, 05:26:15 pm »

I think I just like more what the series can possibly become rather than what the series currently is.

Honestly, I don't think the Drakengard's storytelling was good either. The actual plot and the lore was interesting, but its presentation was pretty sloppy. I think Yoko Taro is getting better though. Nier's storytelling wasn't perfect, but it was a definite improvement...which it should be since it came out almost decade later.

Who knows. I'm still really looking forward to Nier Automata, but I don't want to blindly accept that it will be good just because Platinum Games is making it. Everyone thought that dumb Sonic RPG game would be amazing because Bioware made it but then it turns out to be shit.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1099 on: 12 November, 2015, 07:04:08 pm »

there's just also how all the jacked up stuff in drakengard 1 is staggered out over hours of grinding, backtracking and the like, so it's pretty weird and cool when don't have to struggle through the actual hell that is playing that awful game to get to the weird shit, but it's like some lovecraftian hellbeast is slapping you across the face with its non-euclidean wang when you do and then get some lame anticlimax

with the whole yoko taro resurgence, it's especially so weird to see people going "oh man, time to play this post-modern epic called DRAKENGARD!" jeebus.
« Last Edit: 12 November, 2015, 07:11:09 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1100 on: 13 November, 2015, 01:28:10 am »

I think when I went in, I knew the gameplay would be bad, but I thought I could get past it if the story was good enough. But I didn't really feel compelled to play through that awful gameplay.

I was also really sick when I played it, and for some reason that made playing the game all the more surreal.
« Last Edit: 14 November, 2015, 11:58:43 pm by Upgraded-Form » Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1101 on: 27 November, 2015, 04:46:07 am »

This Bloodborne DLC is fucking hard. I think I'm also severely underleveled for NG+, so that might be why the first boss is giving me so much trouble. It's also much scarier than actual "horror" games. There is a ton of grotesque imagery here, and the first boss looks like an even more distorted **** horse from Berserk. gg from
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1102 on: 30 November, 2015, 04:55:28 am »

I just have two bosses left in the Bloodborne DLC, one of which is optional. I really do love this stuff. It's like H.P. Lovecraft wrote the plot to a Castlevania game. Everything about that DLC was terrifying, creepy, and difficult, and I'm looking forward to the onslaught of lore speculation coming up. I think this game is my favorite Souls game overall, and the DLC only added some excellent gameplay features. Cool weapons too.

About to beat Fallout 4 soon as well. I liked it a lot, though I think I prefer 3 and New Vegas to it. I think those games gave me overall more freedom to do what I wanted to as a character. I never really felt "evil" in Fallout 4, if that makes any sense.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1103 on: 11 December, 2015, 09:23:02 pm »

I've been replaying Demon's Souls with magic and I've been one-shotting like every boss with Firestorm. god
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1104 on: 12 December, 2015, 01:02:25 am »

gross
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1105 on: 12 December, 2015, 08:46:52 am »

you should do the clever rat's ring/morion's blade critical HP trick. just jacks your damage all the way into the stratosphere

as in like, backstabs do like, 2500 damage with a great axe or something
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1106 on: 12 December, 2015, 01:32:17 pm »

I would, but I pretty much blew through the game after getting Firestorm. Old Hero didn't even stand a chance.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1107 on: 12 December, 2015, 05:18:39 pm »

what did you do for the lurker?
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1108 on: 12 December, 2015, 05:25:35 pm »

I made him my bitch with Soul Arrow. Amazing how much trouble he gave me the first time I played this game.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1109 on: 13 December, 2015, 12:48:39 am »

Done with Fallout 4. Did the Railroad ending, but I saved at a point and sided with the Institute in another save to see what would happen. I enjoyed the time I had with this game, but I liked 3 and New Vegas more. I felt more flexibility with those games overall, especially New Vegas.

I wonder if Obsidian will make a new Fallout game. Their writing tends to be better than Bethesda's.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: