Ultimate Paradise
18 March, 2024, 11:34:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 42998 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1200 on: 19 April, 2016, 12:09:28 am »

i would hope he isn't because that sounds rather painful given what he is below the belt
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1201 on: 26 April, 2016, 05:19:40 pm »

i want to play drakengard 3 now

I have no idea what draws me to these games. Drakengard is such a bad game, and I think Yoko Taro even recognizes that. Couple that with the fact that I had a weird, almost hallucinatory experience with the game because I was sick. I honestly don't even remember what I played aside from the fact that I just got really tired of its nonsense. I do remember Caim being a dick. And his A-Team crew consisting of a ****, a child cannibal, and...well...a child. A lot of people are drawn to it for its absurd story, but its storytelling is also abysmal. Not to mention the visuals were literally ass. Maybe it's just an unfinished mess? Maybe it didn't receive the budget it needed? I'm not sure but I'm really surprised Square Enix still makes games with Yoko Taro. I guess that's what happens when you have a Drakengard/Nier fanboy working as one of the Square Enix higher-ups. I don't think I'll ever return to the first Drakengard, but maybe I'll explore its lore a little more.

I think it's just the ideas behind the game that fascinate me. It's like Yoko Taro just thought of a bunch of fucked up things and decided to throw them into a game. As for Nier, well I feel more fondly of it several months after having beaten it. To be frank, I didn't mind the repetitive gameplay. The story wasn't perfect, and like Drakengard it was a giant mesh of ideas. But it was actually coherent. The writing was a definite improvement (I would hope it to be after like 10 years in between games anyways).

I know Drakengard 3 is very different than Nier in terms of narrative and gameplay, and I know it operates at a functional 5 fps on a good day. But I would still like to play it. Preferably while sick so I can have weird, LSD-inspired dreams and then question my existence and hate the game some more. This is a series I want to love, and because of that desire, I already enjoy it. What a strange relationship.

Nier Automata looks neat though. I think that has the potential to be actually enjoyable beyond just having "interesting ideas."
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1202 on: 26 April, 2016, 05:56:42 pm »

pretty much the best thing to come out of drakengard is the dark id's LP of it, to be honest. like, i guess i got to play it long before that LP happened and before this reality-defying comeback of yoko taro that led to drakengard being, quite undeservedly, vindicated by history, so my only memory of it is "holy **** this is terrible" and that base, instinctive reaction has overwritten any academic curiosity regarding yoko taro's later output.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1203 on: 26 April, 2016, 08:24:01 pm »

lol

I still need to read that LP.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1204 on: 19 May, 2016, 06:34:03 am »

The sidequests in Chrono Trigger really bring out even more life into this game. I wanted to see more interactions within the party at large rather than just with whichever three characters you have out, so seeing them camping in the forest together was pretty nice. Even though Crono is still dead. Is it weird that I kind of prefer that? It's nice to have more dialogue available during a bunch of different scenes.

So far it's a really great game. I wish I played it when I was younger, because right now the game doesn't really have the added flavor of nostalgia for me. Maybe that will change in a few years, but I bet I would've loved it as a kid. The only games I had in that generation were Yoshi's Island, Sonic 2, and Sonic 3&K. I guess it's appropriate that a game about time travel makes me want to go back in time and relive those days.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1205 on: 24 May, 2016, 01:21:15 am »

wow ok i guess i'm unofficially done with chrono trigger

Does anyone know how to kill Lavos' outer shell without Crono? I can't lower his defense without any lightning attacks, so I'm doing minimal damage to him. Also, while trying to button map the quick save button, the emulator actually quick saved in the middle of this particular phase and overrided the older one (WHY), so I am literally stuck. I won't be able to change my party members at this point, so if I really wanted to beat this, I'd have to chip away at his health using Robo, Frog, and Marle for a long time. I'm not sure if I'll be able to really play the rest of this game now, because I don't really have the patience for that. This is like silent hill 1 all over again when I didn't have any ammo to fight the final boss and had to look up the endings online.

I mean I enjoyed what I played of this game, but this is a real bummer. I didn't even get to the actual fight. Guess this is what I get for not saving Crono.

Anyways, I bought Drakengard 3 because I have no self-respect.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1206 on: 24 May, 2016, 01:55:23 am »

nvm that didn't take that long at all lol
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1207 on: 03 June, 2016, 05:05:12 pm »

ok i bought chrono cross on psn
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1208 on: 09 June, 2016, 12:21:16 am »

I beat To the Moon today. I don't think that was much of a game, but I guess it wasn't really trying to be much of one. It would've been really neat to see it as an animation instead, because the gameplay was redundant. That said, I really liked it anyways. The dialogue was kind of clumsy and dorky, but I think it was still well written just because it told the story well. I even started to like Neil a lot more towards the end, and I'm interested in seeing where his story goes in any sequel. Also, the music is amazing.

should check out more indie games i guess
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1209 on: 09 June, 2016, 07:23:38 am »

Undertale is well worth playing if you're looking for indie stuff, and I'm of the mindset that its gameplay is just as good as its story elements.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1210 on: 09 June, 2016, 07:24:23 am »

Also Papers, Please.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1211 on: 09 June, 2016, 07:44:04 am »

Undertale is well worth playing if you're looking for indie stuff, and I'm of the mindset that its gameplay is just as good as its story elements.
This.

I felt the same way about To the Moon. Touching story, but I don't know if I got anything more out of it by playing it than I would have by watching it.

Like, that horse riding section, yo.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1212 on: 09 June, 2016, 10:53:38 am »

This.

I felt the same way about To the Moon. Touching story, but I don't know if I got anything more out of it by playing it than I would have by watching it.

Like, that horse riding section, yo.
Ugh, and the zombies. If the puzzles were actually varied, then this game could've been a fun little puzzle game, but every memento's solution was some variation of "press the corner button first and see what happens."

I'll probably play Undertale next. Papers, Please looks pretty neat too. Who knows when I'll play Drakengard 3 and Chrono Cross.
Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« Reply #1213 on: 10 June, 2016, 12:38:49 am »

Warning: Chrono Cross is miles below Chrono Trigger. It looks nice, but that's about all.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1214 on: 10 June, 2016, 10:40:01 pm »

So I've heard, but at least it has really nice music.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: