Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 11:35:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 43419 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1365 on: 27 December, 2018, 03:34:24 am »

i dunno, once i got past the fact that your first game is against a team that is objectively better than yours, that your only real hope of beating them involves doing an optional sequence whose trigger you likely won't notice so that you get a broken shoot tech for tidus, and that you need to find a bunch of random npcs standing out in the overworld so that you can replace your amazingly shitty team, it's kinda amusing for a while i guess (that latter part was a bit easier for me because i actually have the prima book for this game from back in like 2002 when i was a dumb kid who didn't know gamefaqs existed lol)

100% completion of the game requires you to play untold hours of blitzball and I never did that so that might help too
Report Spam   Logged

Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #1366 on: 01 January, 2019, 01:36:15 pm »

Are you using expert sphere grid? It’s awesome because Khimari can actually become usable
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1367 on: 01 January, 2019, 01:42:33 pm »

Nah, I didn't even know what the sphere grid was when I started so I just picked normal lol
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1368 on: 03 January, 2019, 03:34:23 pm »

Alright so I'm just really not feeling any of these characters or the story. The gameplay is actually really well-designed. The game encourages (or maybe mandates) you to use everyone in your party, which is facilitated by the fact that switching members mid-battle doesn't waste a turn. The sphere grid system is fun, intuitive, and flexible. The only issue with the gameplay is the linearity, but I've read that this goes away. From a purely gameplay perspective, I'm having a total blast with it.

But how much can that help when I just don't like any of these people or the story? Like Auron was cool, but now even he's frustrating me with his vagueness and ambiguity. Maybe he has his reasons for being this way and for not telling everyone else pretty crucial information? And I realize now that I only liked Lulu because she shits on the other characters. I also have a lower opinion of Wakka now thanks to his blatant racism, but I know that'll change. I also forgot to talk about Khimari in my last post about this game because I literally forgot he existed.

It's just unfortunate, because I really want to get into it, but none of the characters/story have grabbed me. Nonetheless, I will stick to it as best I can.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1369 on: 04 January, 2019, 12:49:48 am »

Finally done with Celeste and its B-sides. One day, I will try the C-sides. But that will not be today. Overall, awesome game. One of my favorite indies for sure.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1370 on: 04 January, 2019, 05:35:58 pm »

One day, I will try the C-sides. But that will not be today.
Well this turned out to be a big fat lie. Already did the first 3 C-sides. The rooms themselves are super hard, but there's only 3 per chapter, so it feels very manageable. I'm having a ton of fun with them too, maybe even more than the B-sides.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1371 on: 09 January, 2019, 04:08:42 am »

I am officially done with Celeste and its C-sides. Overall, they weren't horrible. 5C was diffficult. 7C was a total nightmare and is for sure the hardest level in the game, golden strawberries notwithstanding. I was literally trembeling after I beat that one. The same feeling I had when I beat Sans in Undertale. 8C gave me the most deaths, but that was largely because the game expects you to master a new mechanic by the very end of the level after having used it only once, and it took me some time to get it down. I would say 7C > 5C > 8C > 3C > 4C > 1C > 6C > 2C in terms of difficulty.

It feels so good to be done. Like I've climbed a mountain myself. Now I can finally put this game away without the lingering feeling that I have more to do. I have absolutely no interest in getting the golden strawberries, and I mean that this time. That just seems absolutely bonkers, and I think attempting that will make me honestly hate the game.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1372 on: 13 January, 2019, 10:29:44 pm »

Got back into Nocturne, and it turned out to be easier getting back into the swing of things than I thought. Just finished the Assembly of Nihilo dungeon and beat the boss. I save at literally any opportunity I can get. Seeing a save room gives me the same sense of relief as finding a bonfire in the Souls games, because I'm always so afraid of randomly dying from an encounter.

So far my team consists of Dis, Kikuri-Hime, Makami, and some toothed-vagina looking creature whose name I forget. They've been serving me well. I feel as though buffing my team's dodge/aim while nerfing the enemy's has been a very viable strategy so far.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1373 on: 14 January, 2019, 09:53:30 am »

fuck yeah back on that nocturne bullshit
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1374 on: 15 January, 2019, 12:13:31 am »

could seymour even possibly be a more obvious villain
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1375 on: 15 January, 2019, 11:02:49 am »

Seymour is still like a perfect example of horrendous character design in my mind, everything from the stupid hair to the clothing that's literally designed to showcase the shitty tattoos on his chest.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1376 on: 15 January, 2019, 12:26:02 pm »

Seymour is still like a perfect example of horrendous character design in my mind, everything from the stupid hair to the clothing that's literally designed to showcase the shitty tattoos on his chest.
lmao I literally thought that was his body hair

You know what I realized? I actually don't dislike Tidus as a character. I honestly think that his voice actor makes him seem a lot whinier than he actually is. I mean no disrespect to the guy, because he voiced Obi-Wan in the Clone Wars animated series, so he's clearly talented, but I dunno if he was the right fit. Actually, a lot of the voice acting is pretty stilted for most of the characters, but I think I can be more forgiving of that given that this game came out 18 years ago.

Holy shit that's a long time.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1377 on: 15 January, 2019, 04:30:27 pm »

oh look at that, seymour's a villain and now everybody hates us

Also is Khimari supposed to just suck? I literally only put him in a battle to hit once so he gets some SP, but otherwise he is just plain awful. He misses half of his shots and doesn't do much damage despite leveling up. I can think of advantages for every character but him.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1378 on: 16 January, 2019, 04:36:20 am »

pretty much. they made him into a perfectly flexible character who can enter anyone else's section of the sphere grid and do their thing, but his section is spaced out just enough that whoever he's trying to be has long since left him in the dirt by the time he gets there. dunno if you're playing the hd version or not, but the expert grid from it streamlines a lot of the sphere grid and consequentially makes him more viable as a second auron or something, but he's absolutely worthless on the standard grid.
« Last Edit: 16 January, 2019, 04:43:34 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #1379 on: 16 January, 2019, 08:49:17 am »

Khimari sucks normally.

But on expert sphere grid you can make him much, much more useful.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: