Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:21:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 43289 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1395 on: 18 February, 2019, 12:33:17 am »

Sounds good. Thanks for the input. It'll likely be my next DS game. I've heard it's got a great story from other sources too, so that's exciting.
This was in reference to a post MM wrote about Radiant Historia almost 5 years ago.

Well, I started it again for the 3rd time recently. I made significantly more progress with this game, so I'm sure I will get through it now. I would say I'm maybe a little under halfway done with it. But in any case, I'm having a lot of fun with it. The gameplay is simple enough to understand, but you can do so much with it at the same time. The writing is also incredibly good for a JRPG. I don't know if that's because I set a low bar for stories and writing in this genre, but I'm legitimately impressed here. Solid pacing too, and I actually legitimately like every single person in my party, which is rare. Music is great, but not gonna lie, with only 25 songs, it can get repetitive.

All in all, it's nice to go from FF10 to this. Really digging it so far.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1396 on: 26 February, 2019, 07:33:00 pm »

Got my hands on Shadow Hearts. One day, I'll play it.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1397 on: 27 February, 2019, 07:08:27 am »

i never played shadow hearts 1 mostly because that game is probably bad, but you should play it asap just so you can play covenant which actually is very good
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1398 on: 27 February, 2019, 08:26:53 am »

i believe i own both and i wasn't super into the little of the first one i played

covenant does look real good though
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1399 on: 27 February, 2019, 10:47:11 pm »

Yeah honestly I mostly just want to play Covenant, but I don't want to play it without playing the first one.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1400 on: 28 February, 2019, 10:58:47 am »

Did Lucario have this aura mechanic in Brawl? I don't ever remember going from 10 --> 100% in 4 moves when I fought him in that game.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1401 on: 28 February, 2019, 01:52:23 pm »

He definitely did, but I don't remember if it was as strong.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1402 on: 28 February, 2019, 06:02:50 pm »

I really struggle with it. I never feel like I'm in the lead, because he just completely wrecks me once he's at a high percent. After he takes a stock on me, it's pretty easy to get my percentage up quickly. I don't mind taking more damage from the paint from Inkling or from Shulk's Buster, since you can at least avoid it, and they don't last until the characters fall off.

I also struggle against Link players. Like, a lot of them spam and camp, but some of them spam and camp in such clever and impressive ways that I don't even know what my immediate emotional reaction is. It's like somewhere in between complete awe and total frustration.

I feel really happy when I go up against a good Kirby and Little Mac player though. I rarely get mad when I lose to one of them, because you just have to be good to work around their numerous weaknesses. The only bad Kirby I fought was this one who just stood by the edge and held his Swallow button down for the entire match. They brought so much shame to Kirby mains everywhere.

I am literally terrified of Ganondorf online.

I wish King K. Rool players would do something beyond the usual crown + cannonball + repeat ad nauseam. He's a cool character and deserves to be utilized better.

I respect almost all C. Falcon players and can never get salty when I get hit with falcon punch.

Ness' PK Fire is the bane of my existence, but I haven't encountered too many spammers. Actually, most Ness players I fight are actually incredibly good, even if his voice saying "PK FIRE" will haunt my dreams.

I also love curb-stomping people who are obviously GSP farming. I mean, one stock, three minutes, and you're gonna run to the edge to spam projectiles? Nah, fuck that, I won't let it happen.

Anyway, that's my rambling of Smash Ultimate if anyone cares. I complain a lot when I play this game, but in reality, there are really only 2 or 3 characters that I actually just straight-up dislike fighting (Lucario and Wolf). The problem is that I don't think I can actually complain about spammers. It is technically a viable way of winning, and it's always my fault if I can't get around it. But I still hate that stuff so whatever.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1403 on: 28 February, 2019, 10:23:25 pm »

I need to get back on the grind. I haven't touched quick play in a while.

I've never been more afraid than when I played a Link who knew about the shield mechanic.

Some Ganons are scary, others are free.

I feel like I wind up playing a lot of the same characters, like a lot of Fire Emblem people.

And yeah, the only thing I really get disheartened by is the kind of lag you get where you know that a button press just didn't happen so you get stuffed. And I hate complaining about lag because I'm not even that good, but I know it makes a difference sometimes.

I play a lot of Samus so I shoot a lot of missiles, but it's usually because I'm trying to land a hit I can go in on or make enough space to charge my neutral B. The worst kind of spammer is the one who keeps shooting you until you approach and then runs to the other side of the stage and starts spamming again. Like, you want them to approach. If they approach, it worked. Now it's time to fight.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1404 on: 03 March, 2019, 12:12:11 pm »

I'm done with Radiant Historia, except I still need to finish the Possible History stuff. Will probably take care of that very casually which probably means that I will never do it.

Overall a solid game. The characters were fine, although sometimes it felt like they didn't really have many flaws. Stocke was a cool protagonist, but he was a little too "perfect" for my liking. Eruca was fine. I wish Aht had more personality than just "I love Stocke!" but I didn't really have any issues with her, and she was probably one of the most entertaining party members in battle. Marco and Rosch were whatever. Gafka was great. Raynie was cool, except her romance with Stocke was so badly implemented. I honestly don't even know why they bothered with that nonsense. Literally two short scenes that both came out of left field. I liked the characters, but it's weird because I don't have any strong opinions regarding any of them. I don't actively love or hate any of them. I guess my impression is a step above lukewarm?

I enjoyed the story for what it was. The pacing was great, and the dialogue was well done, although the game certainly does have its fair share of generic JRPG crap. But it's all an immense step up from FFX, and everything is relative. I feel like Heiss had the right ingredients to be an excellent villain, but he's barely in the game. I only recall him playing a major role in the beginning and the end, so it became kind of hard to empathize with him. He clearly loves Stocke dearly, but that relationship never felt like it was thoroughly explored. I also don't really get why Stocke didn't get his memories back? Like I guess there's this multi-year gap in his memory that he'll never get back? Protea was literally a non-character as far as I'm concerned, and Dias and Selvan turned out to be jokes. You don't even fight them in the end.

The gameplay is largely what kept me going. I usually hate doing sidequests, but I actually wanted to do them so I could get better equipment and fight more battles. I do wish the game had more music variety though. What it has is fantastic, but you hear the same songs over and over again, and they get kind of stale.

Overall a solid game.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1405 on: 03 March, 2019, 12:15:06 pm »

also kind of random but my opinion of FFX has soured so much with time
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1406 on: 04 March, 2019, 07:21:28 am »

also kind of random but my opinion of FFX has soured so much with time

lmao

I liked RH a lot. Never beat it but the battle system was real fun.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1407 on: 04 March, 2019, 08:04:47 am »

so when are you playing X-2
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1408 on: 04 March, 2019, 06:08:28 pm »

so when are you playing X-2
lmao
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1409 on: 04 March, 2019, 08:25:06 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: