Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 11:41:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 46303 times)
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #1020 on: 13 May, 2014, 12:00:54 pm »

I liked it. Didn't complete it (stopped near the end because I have incomplete RPG syndrome), but I liked it nonetheless. It had a very intriguing story to it that made everything in it connect very nicely. Coming from me, that's a big feat because I seldom enjoy stories in video games, I just want gameplay. I hate to sound so broad but I'm not going to say much if you're planning on playing it. I only abandoned it because Dragon Quest IX took up most of my DS time.

The battle system was...interesting. It was quite confusing at first, but over time, like with anything else in life, you get used to it. It actually keeps the battles fresh for a long time and there are plenty of puzzles to figure out too, in battle and outside. I can tell you're into compelling tales, so I can honestly say you won't be disappointed by picking it up. But then again, I borrowed my copy so maybe my advocacy isn't as authentic as it would be if I paid.

All in all, It's a great RPG that deserves some love. Atlus knew what they were doing when they decided to bring it over because for a rather obscure game, it shouldn't go unnoticed.

One thing that always bummed me though was that if your party of three were to ever be wiped out in battle, the backup characters wouldn't step up to take their place. It's the dumbest practice in RPGs ever imo.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: