Ultimate Paradise
17 April, 2024, 11:46:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 [105] 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 45490 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1560 on: 21 July, 2020, 05:00:19 pm »

I honestly thought Apocalypse's characters and story were "okay" but only because I genuinely hate the characters of SMT IV. Like, SMT loves its "law/chaos hero" dynamic but Jonathan and Walter were sufficiently textureless representations of it that I stopped seeing them as characters and more like boxes on a SMT game checklist. They don't even really have character arcs like the law/chaos heroes of other games do that justifies where they end up by the end of the game so you can actually regard the confrontation with "them" (as much as being eaten by Merkabah and Lucifer really entails you fighting them, which is not really at all) in the endgame as tragic. Meanwhile, the only memorable thing about Isabeau is her reading a reference to Rose of Versailles as opposed to anything she actually does (this is literally the only thing anyone references about any characters in SMT IV at this point, "lol Rose of Versailles reference", that's definitely damnation by faint praise if I ever saw it). Apocalypse is insanely anime and isn't particularly good at it but at least they didn't feel like they were there just to meet some imaginary quota for "things a game needs to be a SMT game". On the other hand, I thought the worst thing about Apocalypse was just how tacked on the YHWH shit was, they clearly just wanted the MT2/SMT2 reference of having Satan and YHWH somewhere.
« Last Edit: 21 July, 2020, 05:02:08 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 [105] 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: