Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 09:09:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 [105] 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 43653 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1560 on: 12 November, 2020, 06:32:08 pm »

I have been playing Hades and it is just so, so good. So much build variety, and everything just feels fresh every single time I pick it up. The story is entering some interesting territory. If it wasn't for Nocturne, this would be my clear GotY thus far. I've also been reading Circe by Madeline Miller which has been a great complement. I've been learning a lot of Greek mythology this year through video games like SMT and now Hades, and I would like to read more. I was initially indifferent to the subject, and I think that's largely because I had it shoved down my throat because of my high school's curriculum. But it's really fun returning to it on my own accord.

I haven't played the Demon's Souls remake yet, but I've heard the music and seen some of the design changes, and so far I feel mixed. Some of the remixes are excellent (Return to Slumber being a notable one), but some like the Tower Knight just don't do it for me. The monster and enemy design is also a mixed bag. I don't like the change in design to the Fat Officials, who now more closely resemble human sacks of vomit than sinister pieces of shit. I also prefer the original Maiden in Black design. It seems Bluepoint has taken more creative liberties with this game versus their remake of SotC. That is honestly fine in and of itself, because it will never take away from the original in any way. The rest of what I've seen looks very good anyways (character creation, graphics, weapon animation), and I'm excited to return to Demon's Souls. It will be interesting to see differences in Eastern vs. Western design choices with the remake at least, even if I ultimately prefer the original.

Oh and I played like 3 hours of Tales of Berseria lol. It might be a little too anime for me, but the characters are pretty funny at least.
« Last Edit: 12 November, 2020, 06:36:41 pm by Youef » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 [105] 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: