Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 10:43:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Toonami has been canceled.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toonami has been canceled.  (Read 1329 times)
Maniac234678
« Reply #90 on: 24 September, 2008, 04:53:40 pm »

I'm jaded enough to say that after revisiting my favorite old shows, that I find them empty and hollow, now. Any enjoyment derived is from the sake of nostalgia, and that's not really enjoying it.
Report Spam   Logged
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #91 on: 25 September, 2008, 07:10:14 am »

I'm jaded enough to say that after revisiting my favorite old shows, that I find them empty and hollow, now. Any enjoyment derived is from the sake of nostalgia, and that's not really enjoying it.
I agree.

[/signofapocalypse]
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #92 on: 25 September, 2008, 01:32:58 pm »

Oh Reginald.......I disagree!

*drives off*

I seriously do though; I used to watch Batman: The Animated Series when I was 2-4 years old, and I still love them those same episodes now, albeit for different reasons. The same goes for Miyazaki films, Ren and Stimpy, Toe Jam & Earl 1, early Baha Men, and various other forms of media I liked when I was very young.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #93 on: 25 September, 2008, 09:37:03 pm »

For every show you watched as a kid that's still good there's like 10 that aren't. I personally hate Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry(inb4UF) now.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #94 on: 25 September, 2008, 09:38:45 pm »

I actually enjoy episodes of Rocko way more now then when I first watched them.
« Last Edit: 25 September, 2008, 09:44:13 pm by Death » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #95 on: 25 September, 2008, 09:43:32 pm »

Oh Reginald.......I disagree!

*drives off*

I seriously do though; I used to watch Batman: The Animated Series when I was 2-4 years old, and I still love them those same episodes now, albeit for different reasons. The same goes for Miyazaki films, Ren and Stimpy, Toe Jam & Earl 1, early Baha Men, and various other forms of media I liked when I was very young.

also, if the first part of this post is a reference to what I think it is, you will continue to be awesome.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Ahriman
« Reply #96 on: 25 September, 2008, 09:44:41 pm »

I swear you guys are the same person.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #97 on: 25 September, 2008, 09:49:11 pm »

its weird, but you may be right, so far spring has yet to show me an opinion I didn't agree with.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #98 on: 25 September, 2008, 10:13:04 pm »

For every show you watched as a kid that's still good there's like 10 that aren't. I personally hate Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry(inb4UF) now.
I hate Scooby Doo as well and all of it's dumb rip-off shows, Flintstones were much better than all of them tbqh. <_<
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #99 on: 25 September, 2008, 10:30:54 pm »

Flintstones was a terrible show IMO, and Scooby-Doo was stupid. Tom & Jerry was good.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #100 on: 25 September, 2008, 10:44:19 pm »

Hannah Barbera (sp?) never made anything that came close to what Warnes Bros were doing, at least I think.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #101 on: 25 September, 2008, 11:12:28 pm »

I think it's Barbara. I always thought it was some lady instead of two guys.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #102 on: 26 September, 2008, 11:30:04 am »

its weird, but you may be right, so far spring has yet to show me an opinion I didn't agree with.

That is slightly strange; I do know that we have different preferences in music, but I haven't disliked anything that you've said you like.

The only show that I can think of that sucked that I liked back then is Barney, and I was like, younger than two. Looney Toons, Original Power Rangers, Batman.....it's all pretty much awesome. Even though I like Bump in the Night considerably less now then when I used to watch it before, it's still a good show.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #103 on: 26 September, 2008, 01:14:14 pm »

I think it's Barbara. I always thought it was some lady instead of two guys.

as did I. still wasn't as good as Warner Bros though, Looney Toons is, was, and forever will be outstanding.

That is slightly strange; I do know that we have different preferences in music, but I haven't disliked anything that you've said you like.

The only show that I can think of that sucked that I liked back then is Barney, and I was like, younger than two. Looney Toons, Original Power Rangers, Batman.....it's all pretty much awesome. Even though I like Bump in the Night considerably less now then when I used to watch it before, it's still a good show.

true, but likewise, most of the stuff you have posted that you listen to, I find pretty good.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #104 on: 26 September, 2008, 01:39:14 pm »

GAWD I HATE BUMP IN THE NIGHT
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: