Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 11:15:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ahriman's Official Animu Character Battle Day 5-Kazuma Kuwabara vs Kyon

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ahriman's Official Animu Character Battle Day 5-Kazuma Kuwabara vs Kyon  (Read 212 times)
Ahriman
« on: 23 September, 2008, 01:54:03 am »

I'm going to assume you all know the rules for these things already, so I'll just say that I did specifically leave off characters that would have landslide victories. (read:Kamina) And it was actually pretty hard to do so there are some characters that will undoubtedly win certain matches and 2 series' that have two characters from them in the contest. Also, I don't care if you don't know who anyone is; just vote for whichever one sounds more interesting, I guess.

Kazuma Kuwabara

Kuwabara is the second-toughest kid in Sarayashiki Junior High School and is always trying to usurp Yusuke Urameshi's position as the toughest. He claims to have never lost a fight until he met Yusuke. [2]He leads a gang consisting of himself, Kirishima, Okubo, and Sawamura (In the English dub, Komada). He has a soft spot for kittens (including his own, Eikichi) and an iron code of honor. He develops a minor crush on Botan when he first meets her, but later harbors intense feelings on the ice apparition Yukina, but is unaware that she is Hiei's sister.

Kuwabara has a tough older sister named Shizuru Kuwabara. She and Yukina are the only characters known to call him by his given name. In the anime, Kazuma and Shizuru's parents never appear and are rarely, if ever, even acknowledged. His father does makes a brief appearance in the final volume of the manga to reveal that Yukina is going to be living with them and appears to be aware of the Reikai, etc. As the show progress, Kuwabara's and Yusuke's relationship evolves from rivals to best friends, although the two still disagree constantly. Kuwabara and Kurama are quite cordial with each other, but Kuwabara shares no love for Hiei, and both will readily mention their hatred of the other, although in truth deep down they are friends.

Kuwabara's most unusual ability is his sensitivity to Reiki, or Spirit Awareness. He and his band of friends call this "the Tickle." Kuwabara has the ability to sense when ghosts and the paranormal are around, can see spirits and other demons, and can predict motives of others. Kuwabara can also create a blade out of his own spirit energy known as the Rei Ken, or Spirit Sword. Although he first needed a piece of wood as a physical entity to create it, Kuwabara was able to practice and be able to create his own after one month (six months in the English anime). During his training, Kuwabara's sword is able to extend and shrink to his whim, and he can even create two, one in each hand.

Kuwabara is not as strong as the rest of his teammates, but his toughness, tenacity, and will to succeed let him absorb incredible amounts of abuse without dying; he can be quite crafty in battle when he needs to be, and he is widely considered as the nicest of the four.

Kuwabara also apparently warrants his very own wiki page instead of being briefly mentioned in the Yu Yu Hakusho page, which is why there's so much on him. For those that haven't watched Yu Yu Hakusho, Kuwabara is basically the jobber/comic relief of the show. I think he won maybe two fights throughout the entire series.

Kyon

Although Haruhi Suzumiya is the title character, the story is told from Kyon's point of view. He narrates with sarcastic commentary on the various absurdities of Haruhi, club activities and events related to Haruhi. Kyon may also direct his thoughts at Haruhi, which Haruhi might respond to, thus making it unclear whether he is speaking aloud or merely thinking to himself. This could also be interpreted as an ability for Haruhi to occasionally achieve nearly telepathic empathy with Kyon. Kyon's narration follows the format of a Greek Chorus, speaking directly to the audience through internal dialogue. Though a self-described barely-above-average student, Kyon—particularly in the light novels—very often peppers his narration and dialogue with references to ancient mythology, advanced scientific concepts (the laws of thermodynamics, the theory of relativity, etc.), alternately well-known and/or obscure pop culture (he identifies a Marilyn Manson song Haruhi hums in the second light novel), and various esoteric subjects, often comparing the Brigade's situation to a typical role playing game.

He is also the only "normal" human in a club otherwise assembled to include a membership of an alien, esper and a time traveler. This is a cause of curiosity and concern amongst many parties, since Haruhi is "not interested in ordinary humans". Yuki refers to Kyon as an "irregular factor near Haruhi" responsible for an abrupt change in the data around Haruhi. Itsuki goes as far as to investigate Kyon's identity, only to affirm that Kyon is indeed an ordinary human. Asakura herself is quite puzzled by Haruhi's interest in Kyon and asks how it was that he has gotten Haruhi to open up.

He can be very observant and quite intelligent, despite his dismal grades. It is Kyon who solves the murder mystery during the events of the Lonely Island in the light novel, not Haruhi. He had known the truth since the beginning, as he does not believe that Haruhi will wish for someone to die and comes to the truth after he notices several facts.

In an article that interviewed Nagaru Tanigawa, the author admitted that Kyon was originally supposed to be an esper, but while writing The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Kyon was instead portrayed as an ordinary student.

Once again, he has his own article. <_< I don't really have anything to add.

Alucard beat Gai Shishio A lot-1
« Last Edit: 27 September, 2008, 11:20:42 pm by Batman » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GSD
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

GSD

« Reply #1 on: 23 September, 2008, 05:35:05 am »

Kazuma.
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor

« Reply #2 on: 23 September, 2008, 05:35:16 am »

Kazuma looks dumb whereas Kyon not only doesn't look dumb, he's a cool dude as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #3 on: 23 September, 2008, 06:54:09 am »

Kuwabara, because I actually know who he is. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #4 on: 23 September, 2008, 08:50:02 am »

Kuwabara for the lulz.
Report Spam   Logged

Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #5 on: 23 September, 2008, 09:48:40 am »

Kyon is a pretty cool guy, eh makes sarcastic remarks and doesn't afraid of anything.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #6 on: 23 September, 2008, 02:13:36 pm »

I like them both, so I'm not gonna chose.
Report Spam   Logged

GSD
Semi-epic Post Whore

GSD

« Reply #7 on: 23 September, 2008, 02:14:54 pm »

But Kuwabara is awesome.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: