Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 01:21:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ahriman's Official Animu Character Battle Day 7-Haruhi Suzumiya vs Lelouch

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ahriman's Official Animu Character Battle Day 7-Haruhi Suzumiya vs Lelouch  (Read 308 times)
Ahriman
« on: 30 September, 2008, 09:33:36 pm »

I'm going to assume you all know the rules for these things already, so I'll just say that I did specifically leave off characters that would have landslide victories. (read:Kamina) And it was actually pretty hard to do so there are some characters that will undoubtedly win certain matches and 2 series' that have two characters from them in the contest. Also, I don't care if you don't know who anyone is; just vote for whichever one sounds more interesting, I guess.

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya, a first year student at North High School (in novels 1-8), and second year (in the 9th and latest novel), can be characterized as funny, eccentric, and somewhat unpredictable. In the series, she is introduced declaring her interests in aliens, espers and time travelers and does not care for 'ordinary' human beings. The last thing on her mind is a normal high school life. With a burning desire to find such phenomena in the world, she is generally unapproachable and finds ordinary people boring and uninteresting. As a result of this, many of her classmates choose to avoid and confront her. She deals with her emotions by creating a parallel universe, where she inadvertently releases transparent creatures who tear up and destroy everything that comes into contact with them. Espers are the ones who can stop these creatures by cutting and destroying them, because if these creatures are left alone destroying everything as well as the outer barrier it could affect the outside world. She also likes to dress up Mikuru in random outfits.

Lelouch vi Britannia

Seen here being FABULOUS, of course.

Lelouch is the son of the Emperor of Britannia, Charles di Britannia, and the late Imperial Consort Marianne, making Lelouch the eleventh prince of the Britannian Imperial Family. He was seventeenth in line for the throne prior to his mother's assassination and his sister's crippling in the same incident. A ten year old Lelouch confronted the Emperor afterward and accused him of leaving his mother defenseless, even going as far as renouncing his entitlement to the throne. In response, his father banished him to Japan, where he was used as a political hostage in the Sakuradite conflict.

It was during his stay at the Kururugi household that he first met Suzaku Kururugi, with whom the young Lelouch did not interact initially in a friendly manner, before later becoming friends. However, when Britannia finally developed its Knightmare Frames fleet and decided to invade Japan to seize control of the Sakuradite mines, consequently discarding Lelouch's use as a diplomatic tool, Lelouch, fearing for his and his sister's safety, hid their true identities and sought the help of the Ashford family, who were his mother's allies.

His mother's death and his father's apparent lack of concern in regards to it were huge blows to Lelouch. He always felt that it was unfair for both his mother and sister, and therefore made it his goal to pursue a better world for Nunnally. He also seeks to discover the true reason for his mother's death, as she was murdered in the Aries Imperial Palace, a place terrorists would be unlikely to penetrate successfully without being noticed, if at all.

Shortly after gaining the power of Geass from C.C., Lelouch assumes the secret identity Zero (ゼロ, Zero?), a mysterious, masked revolutionary dressed in a black helmet and cloak. The helmet has a retractable plate over the left eye so Lelouch can use his Geass. In this guise, he forms the Order of the Black Knights, initially composed of the members of Kaname Ohgi's resistance group. The goal of this vigilante group is a campaign against powerful individuals who oppress the helpless, which he eventually expands into reforming Japan as an independent nation.

Lelouch is willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish his goal, even if it means lying to his followers and using people as bait for the outcome he desires. However, he has trouble putting those he is close to in harms way for the sake of his goal, which is a weakness as a commander but a remnant of his humanity and sanity. His feelings for Nunnally in particular often hinders his plans, particularly at the end of the first season, where he abandons a massive war with Britannian forces to rescue her. Gradually, however, he has come to embrace the fact that he has to destroy before reconstruction can occur, even if it means harming those he cares about.

Originally, Lelouch is motivated by the desire to avenge his mother's death and construct an ideal world where his sister Nunnally can live in peace. After Nunnally becomes Viceroy of Area 11, and her wishes conflict with his goals, his friends help him to realize that his rebellion is no longer just for Nunnally, but for all the people of the world.

Yeah, Wikipedia has a lot on him. <_<

Domon Kasshu beat Kenshiro 6-5
« Last Edit: 03 October, 2008, 06:57:59 pm by Batman » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1 on: 30 September, 2008, 09:38:32 pm »

Haruhi, I can't stand Lelouch for some reason.
Report Spam   Logged

Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #2 on: 30 September, 2008, 09:42:12 pm »

Aww man, what are the chances? >_>
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy

Yare yare daze

« Reply #3 on: 30 September, 2008, 09:59:14 pm »

Lelouch, no contest.
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #4 on: 30 September, 2008, 10:15:01 pm »

RRRRGGGGGG Lelouch
Report Spam   Logged
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #5 on: 01 October, 2008, 07:16:26 am »

Whoa, Haruhi is winning. O_o
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: 01 October, 2008, 02:18:45 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #7 on: 01 October, 2008, 08:44:36 pm »

Lelouch, I've been meaning to watch his show for a month, but I just haven't gotten around to it.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
TBizzle
THE GALACTIC PIMP
BIZZLE
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Happy

« Reply #8 on: 02 October, 2008, 10:43:49 pm »

HARUHI WOO
Report Spam   Logged

Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2

« Reply #9 on: 03 October, 2008, 02:05:06 am »

Haruhi has this won, might as well end it.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: 03 October, 2008, 03:33:25 pm »

This contest is dumb.
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #11 on: 03 October, 2008, 03:56:32 pm »

I'm so glad Haruhi won. I voted for her, even though I haven't see either show that these two characters are from.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #12 on: 03 October, 2008, 06:46:48 pm »

This contest is dumb.

Wrong. The fact that it's my contest makes it awesome no matter what happens.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy

Yare yare daze

« Reply #13 on: 03 October, 2008, 08:03:11 pm »

This contest is dumb.

Incorrect. Whoreuhi winning invalidated any and all win this contest had and turned it into fail immediately.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #14 on: 03 October, 2008, 08:44:55 pm »

This contest is dumb.

Incorrect. Whoreuhi winning invalidated any and all win this contest had and turned it into fail immediately.

Well no u.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: