Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 03:52:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Nintendo's media summit or whatchacallit is in less than five hours.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo's media summit or whatchacallit is in less than five hours.  (Read 1885 times)
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #135 on: 03 October, 2008, 03:41:55 pm »

I suppose it's for the best that a new Star Fox/Star Wolf game wasn't announced for I'm usually in a public place when I'm on the computer down here and if it would be awkward for me to orgasm if front of other people.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #136 on: 03 October, 2008, 04:07:54 pm »

I suppose it's for the best that a new Star Fox/Star Wolf game wasn't announced for I'm usually in a public place when I'm on the computer down here and if it would be awkward for me to orgasm if front of other people.

I could see the complications of that.

If they should ever announce a new Gunstar Heroes, I'd have a smiliar prediciment.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
T-1000
XtotheCROSStotheINSANITY
Holy Ruler

best machine ever

« Reply #137 on: 03 October, 2008, 06:21:01 pm »

. . .Holy cow. Nintendo OWNS!!

Anywho, Mario and Luigi 3, uber pwnage. Plus playable Bowser!

Was looking forward for new Wii exclusive Zelda. Or Kirby Wii >>
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #138 on: 06 October, 2008, 05:22:13 pm »

I know, I'm late to the Nintendo party. Whatev.

It looks like my DS is going to be happy with all the games coming out. Fun times ahead. =)

Now then, if you will please excuse what's coming next.

WHAT THE **** CING!? What the hell do you think you're doing? Has everyone in your company gone mad? Or are you simply trying to **** off everyone whose ever loved you?

YOU ARE REMAKING TRACE MEMORY IN 3-MOTHER****ING D ON THE WII AS WELL AS GIVING IT A DS SEQUEL!? Trace Memory was an absolutely god-awful game that I beat in a bored evening and then never touched again out of fear of catching some sort of plague! Why the hell would you release two more of them instead of making another Hotel Dusk!?
Report Spam   Logged

Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #139 on: 06 October, 2008, 05:24:20 pm »

o_O
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #140 on: 06 October, 2008, 05:25:51 pm »

o_O

Sorry, just needed to get that out of my system...
Report Spam   Logged

Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #141 on: 06 October, 2008, 05:28:19 pm »

._.
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #142 on: 06 October, 2008, 05:37:48 pm »

._.
I just don't get it. They'd make millions from releasing another Hotel Dusk, it was a game loved by many with it's incredibly unique gameplay, plot and rotoscoping motion.

Trace Memory was a delightful romp into the bowels of hell compared to it. The puzzles were either childishly easy or so obscure you'd spend hours on it, (in one puzzle, you had to tilt a sheet of paper in order to read what was erased on it, after spending half an hour trying to tilt it on the touch screen, I discovered that they meant you had to tilt the DS itself. That's not a puzzle, that's breaking the fourth wall.) The plot was horribly convulted, (you have to team up with a ghost to retrieve memories of your past that have been scattered across the island in the form of tiny DS chips and discover the true meaning of friendship!), and the only way to get the good ending required getting a vague item and then backtracking to near the beginning of the game and ambiguously using it to break a bottle with a note in it, (why you couldn't break the bottle on your own, or fish the note out, we'll never know).
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #143 on: 06 October, 2008, 05:39:55 pm »

._.
I just don't get it. They'd make millions from releasing another Hotel Dusk, it was a game loved by many with it's incredibly unique gameplay, plot and rotoscoping motion.

Trace Memory was a delightful romp into the bowels of hell compared to it. The puzzles were either childishly easy or so obscure you'd spend hours on it, (in one puzzle, you had to tilt a sheet of paper in order to read what was erased on it, after spending half an hour trying to tilt it on the touch screen, I discovered that they meant you had to tilt the DS itself. That's not a puzzle, that's breaking the fourth wall.) The plot was horribly convulted, (you have to team up with a ghost to retrieve memories of your past that have been scattered across the island in the form of tiny DS chips and discover the true meaning of friendship!), and the only way to get the good ending required getting a vague item and then backtracking to near the beginning of the game and ambiguously using it to break a bottle with a note in it, (why you couldn't break the bottle on your own, or fish the note out, we'll never know).

while I have never played either game and am not making any claim about the quality of Trace Memory or Hotel Dusk, nor making the assertion that one is better than the other, I must say, any game that breaks the fourth wall in a cool way like that gets (at the very least), a nod of approval for a good idea from me.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
IngSlayer
~Baffling Artist~
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

« Reply #144 on: 06 October, 2008, 05:41:28 pm »

If this is all true, I'll be leaving Trace Memory off my list.
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #145 on: 06 October, 2008, 05:50:17 pm »

._.

while I have never played either game and am not making any claim about the quality of Trace Memory or Hotel Dusk, nor making the assertion that one is better than the other, I must say, any game that breaks the fourth wall in a cool way like that gets (at the very least), a nod of approval for a good idea from me.

Yes, but Hotel Dusk did it better. In Trace Memory, the paper was on the touch screen, implying that you had to rotate it manually. In Hotel Dusk however, you had to flip over a puzzle that was not on the touch screen. You accomplished this by closing your DS, thus transfering it upside down to the touch screen.

However, I won't gripe over puzzles, because I know that Cing made both games, and they're capable of making great puzzles with the DS and Wii, it's the story that bugs me. In one game you have an angsty tween teaming up with a ghost. In the other game you have an average joe/ex-detective Kyle Hyde with a closet full of experience surrounded by people with a lot to hide. The atmosphere of Hotel Dusk is simply better than Trace Memory, so I don't understand why they wouldn't remake it.

What bugs me the most is that they're remaking it twice. Why don't they just remake Trace Memory for the Wii and then make another Hotel Dusk for the DS? Hotel Dusk wouldn't have made the transition to 3-D anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #146 on: 06 October, 2008, 05:56:55 pm »

In Hotel Dusk however, you had to flip over a puzzle that was not on the touch screen. You accomplished this by closing your DS, thus transfering it upside down to the touch screen.

That sounds really neat.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #147 on: 07 October, 2008, 04:24:00 am »

MOTHERSHIP "TALES OF" ON WII!!!!

OOOHHHHH EEEEEEEEMMM GEEEEEEEE!!! @_@
THIS
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #148 on: 07 October, 2008, 10:17:19 am »

._.

I lol'd at Gaffit quoting Judg's face; I imagined that Megadoomer episode of Zim where Zim was just going on and on about how much he hated Dib to some random kid who didn't know who he was at all and was freaked out.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #149 on: 07 October, 2008, 10:26:08 am »

._.

I lol'd at Gaffit quoting Judg's face; I imagined that Megadoomer episode of Zim where Zim was just going on and on about how much he hated Dib to some random kid who didn't know who he was at all and was freaked out.

Who are you? We don't even go to the same skool!

it also reminds me of the very deadpan delivry of "Who are you and why are you talking to me?" from The Frycook What Came from All that Space.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: