Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 08:36:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I just saw the commercial for CN's new Batman show.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just saw the commercial for CN's new Batman show.  (Read 1744 times)
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #120 on: 10 November, 2008, 02:58:52 pm »

*roasts marshmallows on heated discussion*
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #121 on: 10 November, 2008, 03:06:49 pm »

Well I don't really know anything about the Megaman movie, so I'll just talk about the DBZ movie and this show.

Again, Batman: The Brave and the Bold this seems to be aiming to be silly & camp, just some people having a laugh. Meanwhile the DBZ movie, it seems to me, is trying to be a serious interpretation of the series.
If people complain about the DBZ movie being a bad representation, I think it's justified because it was trying to be a proper representation of the franchise and failed, same as Batman Forever and Batman & Robin did for the Batman series. However, if fans complain about this series being a bad representation of the same dark Batman we've been seeing in the comics, cartoons and recent movies, then they're really only making fools of themselves because this isn't meant to be a good representation of that version of Batman.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #122 on: 10 November, 2008, 03:59:40 pm »

But the thing is, with this Dragonball movie coming out, it's like they're not even trying to stick close to the original, most of it is completely messed up and wrong.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #123 on: 10 November, 2008, 04:31:04 pm »

But the thing is, with this Dragonball movie coming out, it's like they're not even trying to stick close to the original, most of it is completely messed up and wrong.

This is partially my point. At least The Brave and the Bold is sticking to an existing form of Batman, namely the silly campy style of the 60s series.

What can we compare this Dragonball movie to? The manga and the anime, that's it. And they're the same story. From what I've heard, this movie is pretty much doing its own thing.

Batman, on the other hand, is divided into two major versions. The first is the dark, serious Batman that's so popular, and the second is the silly Batman that's almost a parody of itself, which comprises of the 60s Adam West series and now this new show. Just because The Brave and the Bold isn't to your tastes, it's certainly not about to destroy the series. Why? Because it's really a part of its own series, along with the 60s show.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ahriman
« Reply #124 on: 10 November, 2008, 04:42:59 pm »

So assuming we get another Dragon Ball movie in 40 years that's supposed to be based on the movie coming out soon and not the original series it'll be okay because it's basing itself in something right?
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #125 on: 10 November, 2008, 04:49:16 pm »

Not really, because this movie (and any possible sequels/whatever) doesn't sound like it's got very much to do with Dragonball at all from what I've heard. The Brave and the Bold, on the other hand, is actually sticking to existing Batman/DC ideas, even if it's not in the way most fans would like.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ahriman
« Reply #126 on: 10 November, 2008, 04:54:27 pm »

The current Dragon Ball movie seems to be about as relevant to the series as the Adam West Batman series. If we wait forty years after the movie comes out that it should be perfectly plausible to consider these existing ideas pertaining to the series in the same way, other than how I doubt it'll reach the same popularity since while people are already more familiar with the Dragon Ball manga and anime, the Batman comics weren't highly popular when the Adam West show started airing. Either way, it's no different.

Not saying whether that's good or bad, but your argument doesn't make sense.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #127 on: 10 November, 2008, 04:59:07 pm »

So assuming we get another Dragon Ball movie in 40 years that's supposed to be based on the movie coming out soon and not the original series it'll be okay because it's basing itself in something right?
IF the dragonball movie becomes so bad it's good, thus becoming popular, then yes, it'll be okay, at least IMO.

I'm okay with Brave and the bold, because the 60's show was so bad, it was good. Despite it's comical representation of Batman as a silly, campy character, and it's overall horribleness, it managed to be funny and popular exactly because of this fact. Brave and the bold is a "continuation" of that idea, so while there's a big chance Brave and the bold will suck, it'll hopefully suck in a humoristic and laughable way.

On a happier note, who wants Adam West to voice Batman? It would kick ass, and universes would be shattered.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #128 on: 10 November, 2008, 05:10:40 pm »

My point is that, as "Beauty Queen Etna" said, the Dragonball film doesn't seem to be even trying to stick to the anime or manga at all.

The 60s Batman series, on the other hand, was sticking to the same ideas as the comics etc, but doing so in a way that was in a much more light and silly way that was essentially parodying the existing stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
IngSlayer
~Baffling Artist~
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

« Reply #129 on: 10 November, 2008, 05:12:31 pm »

My point is that, as "Beauty Queen Etna" said,

SA2.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #130 on: 10 November, 2008, 05:17:36 pm »

My point is that, as "Beauty Queen Etna" said,

SA2.

Eh, I was posting and couldn't remember who he really was. Thanks anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #131 on: 10 November, 2008, 05:50:52 pm »

My username is right above my sig >_>
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #132 on: 10 November, 2008, 06:02:09 pm »

My username is right above my sig >_>

I wasn't really paying attention and when it came to typing your name in my post, I couldn't remember who you really were. Sorry. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #133 on: 11 November, 2008, 11:52:34 am »

I'm not mad or anything, I'm just saying. Anyway, diz needz moar arguing!
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #134 on: 11 November, 2008, 04:52:05 pm »

Your mother.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print