Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:12:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I just saw the commercial for CN's new Batman show.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just saw the commercial for CN's new Batman show.  (Read 1717 times)
IngSlayer
~Baffling Artist~
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

« Reply #135 on: 11 November, 2008, 04:52:56 pm »

I'll give the show a shot.
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #136 on: 11 November, 2008, 04:58:47 pm »

Your mother.
No urs!
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #137 on: 11 November, 2008, 07:26:38 pm »

I just wanted to clarify what I had been saying before. I do dislike the campy depictions of Batman. However, my point was never "this show is going to suck", because that's just opinion; I am almost certain that I won't like this show.

I mentioned that I pretty much represent the current majority of fans; as said before, The Dark Knight, B:TAS, and the comics from the 80s-onward and their success/acclaim are evidence of that. I prefer the current style of Batman established by the media just listed. So, while what I say here cannot be taken as the average of all opinions of my demographic's opinion, it is closer to that than the opposite group (the ones that prefer a campy style).

So, what I distinctly said is that this show's direction is a bad direction to take. The reason being the success of TDK at the moment; now that Batman is so fresh in people's minds (and this particular style of Batman), this would be an opportune moment for a show that is more TDK than the 60s show to air.

You could say that people have had their full of the dark Batman, but what sense does that make when this style has been the base of such successes (BB, B:TAS, TDK) whereas the campy style (outside the 60s show) have been deemed as absolutely terrible (Batman Forever; Batman and Robin)? And would the majority of fans really prefer camp over dark, especially at this time of all times?

I said that I feel as if this show is dragging the name through the mud; that is a strong statement, but I still feel the same way. Whether or not it's being done on purpose, it's still taking on a, as of now, unpopular style.  I haven't said it's going to destroy the series, I haven't said that it's misrepresenting Batman (it is based on the 60s show).

I have voiced my opinion, which is a strong one, yet none of it changes the fact that a darker Batman show has a  better chance of being more successful than this one does; that is what I meant by "this is a bad direction for the show to take".

On a more serious note; I would want Adam West voicing Batman; personally, I'd want the show to be like Frisky Dingo, but with Batman.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #138 on: 11 November, 2008, 07:28:15 pm »

I just wanted to clarify what I had been saying before. I do dislike the campy depictions of Batman. However, my point was never "this show is going to suck", because that's just opinion; I am almost certain that I won't like this show.

I mentioned that I pretty much represent the current majority of fans; as said before, The Dark Knight, B:TAS, and the comics from the 80s-onward and their success/acclaim are evidence of that. I prefer the current style of Batman established by the media just listed. So, while what I say here cannot be taken as the average of all opinions of my demographic's opinion, it is closer to that than the opposite group (the ones that prefer a campy style).

So, what I distinctly said is that this show's direction is a bad direction to take. The reason being the success of TDK at the moment; now that Batman is so fresh in people's minds (and this particular style of Batman), this would be an opportune moment for a show that is more TDK than the 60s show to air.

You could say that people have had their full of the dark Batman, but what sense does that make when this style has been the base of such successes (BB, B:TAS, TDK) whereas the campy style (outside the 60s show) have been deemed as absolutely terrible (Batman Forever; Batman and Robin)? And would the majority of fans really prefer camp over dark, especially at this time of all times?

I said that I feel as if this show is dragging the name through the mud; that is a strong statement, but I still feel the same way. Whether or not it's being done on purpose, it's still taking on a, as of now, unpopular style.  I haven't said it's going to destroy the series, I haven't said that it's misrepresenting Batman (it is based on the 60s show).

I have voiced my opinion, which is a strong one, yet none of it changes the fact that a darker Batman show has a  better chance of being more successful than this one does; that is what I meant by "this is a bad direction for the show to take".

On a more serious note; I would want Adam West voicing Batman; personally, I'd want the show to be like Frisky Dingo, but with Batman.

.... *orgasms at the thought*
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #139 on: 13 November, 2008, 02:32:23 pm »

this. that would actually be fantastic. unfortunately, thats not happening.
Report Spam   Logged

"The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #140 on: 13 November, 2008, 03:35:18 pm »

of course it won't, but that doesn't mean I can't pleasure myself to the thought of it...
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #141 on: 13 November, 2008, 04:38:06 pm »

of course it won't, but that doesn't mean I can't pleasure myself to the thought of it...
no, but the laws of common sense and decency does.
Report Spam   Logged

"The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #142 on: 13 November, 2008, 04:39:14 pm »

screw those
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #143 on: 13 November, 2008, 04:42:17 pm »

screw those

ya see, thats part of the problem....
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #144 on: 13 November, 2008, 04:42:46 pm »

<_<
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: