Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:00:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

America's thirst for **** knows no bounds

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: America's thirst for **** knows no bounds  (Read 213 times)
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« on: 08 November, 2008, 12:05:08 pm »

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/11/07/oldboy-remake-regains-speed-with-spielberg-and-smith/

Now, I know Smith is a capable actor, but still:

why god
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1 on: 08 November, 2008, 12:07:26 pm »

This is nowhere near as bad as the DBZ and MegaMan movies. After all, Oldboy was originally a live-action movie, was it not?
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: 08 November, 2008, 12:56:15 pm »

True, but that means there's even less reason to make a movie about it.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #3 on: 08 November, 2008, 01:03:10 pm »

True, but that means there's even less reason to make a movie about it.
Not really, considering the remake mania lately.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #4 on: 08 November, 2008, 01:28:18 pm »

I realizaed America's **** thirst when they released the new King Kong.

The first King Kong was like an hour and a half. The new one was three hours, two of which were entirely unnecessary.

In '33 Kong, the natives weren't crazy, they just feared Kong and wanted to appease him. In '05 Kong, they were essentially leftover orcs from the Lord of the Rings.

In '33 Kong, he was feared. He was a monster. Sure, they made sympathy for him in the very end, but up until that, you were afraid of him. The girl was. Everyone was. In the '05 Kong, he's a gentle, misunderstood beast, who only the girl knows the truth about.

However, the biggest insult of them all was the Tyrannosaurus fight.

The Kong vs. Rex fight in the original was a masterpiece. The animation is simply stunning, and what makes the battle so great is that they're essentially even. Either one could win at any given time, Kong just managed to be the victor this time.

The new one was the stupidesr, most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Rather than have a great, one on battle with good SE, they made it a ****ing circus. "Look, Kong can fight three Tyrannosaurs with one hand tied behind his back! Their bites do nothing to him!"

I never felt so insulted in a theater after seeing the '05 Kong. And they're going to do it AGAIN with "The Day the Earth Stood Still".

to me, the Kong remake was way, way more insulting than the Godzilla remake.
« Last Edit: 08 November, 2008, 01:30:20 pm by MULTI-TRACK DRIFTING!! » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Parrothair (Solid Snake)
Legendary Mercenary
Holy Ruler

Showtime

« Reply #5 on: 09 November, 2008, 01:29:55 am »

This is nowhere near as bad as the DBZ and MegaMan movies. After all, Oldboy was originally a live-action movie, was it not?

I have the OldBoy DVD.  Pure genius that movie.  They are gonna do a remake though?  What a bummer.
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: 09 November, 2008, 10:23:02 am »

I have the OldBoy DVD.  Pure genius that movie.  They are gonna do a remake though?  What a bummer.

Yes it is; there's so little point in remaking a five year-old movie. There's no way that it'll be anywhere near as good as the original and it will most likely end up having a far too happy ending; I'm not sure how Spielberg will handle the touchy themes of the original.
Report Spam   Logged

Parrothair (Solid Snake)
Legendary Mercenary
Holy Ruler

Showtime

« Reply #7 on: 09 November, 2008, 05:32:07 pm »

Yes it is; there's so little point in remaking a five year-old movie. There's no way that it'll be anywhere near as good as the original and it will most likely end up having a far too happy ending; I'm not sure how Spielberg will handle the touchy themes of the original.

Yeah.  Like when he has sex with his daughter.  Oh man, that will be interesting if they keep that in.  Or the guy having sex with his sister.  Just the whole movie is a psychological thing.  I wonder how they will do it.
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: 09 November, 2008, 05:37:54 pm »

Yeah.  Like when he has sex with his daughter.  Oh man, that will be interesting if they keep that in.  Or the guy having sex with his sister.  Just the whole movie is a psychological thing.  I wonder how they will do it.

Probably not well >>

I expect the straight-up violence will stay intact and perhaps be augmented.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: