Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 12:18:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

This topic is now going to be a rip-off of Bizzle's.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This topic is now going to be a rip-off of Bizzle's.  (Read 50212 times)
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1890 on: 04 May, 2016, 04:17:43 am »

I've been able to blow through all these shows so quickly given that my next three months freed up immensely. I finished Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. Excellent show. You can tell when a show does a great job at fleshing out its characters when it makes you empathize with certain characters that you would ordinarily hate. It would be easy to hate on Miyokichi, but as I think about her plight more, I could never dislike a character like that. Although it's less...I guess "epic" for lack of better word...than Berserk, the relationships here actually reminded me of the Guts-Casca-Griffith dynamic in a few ways.

I also finished Your Lie in April, and I ended up being disappointed with that one. It's less sophisticated, but I guess that's because it's a shonen. Still, they left a lot of character arcs untouched, and his relationship with his Tsubaki ended up going nowhere. I know that was sort of the point, but we never really understood what he thought of it other than "man girls sure are weird." I also think the show relied way too heavily on Kaori's death for character development. I mean, I get that was the point, but eh. rakugo show did that much better. I also got really tired of the same old internal monologues during performances by different characters. It was interesting in the first half when it focused on Arima, and then the show just spread itself too thin by using it for everyone else. literally didn't care about nagi or her brother

so that's my spiel on two shows nobody here has probably watched. gotta say i haven't watched this much anime in a small block of time in years. It feels nostalgic, even if most of the shows I watched were disappointing. maybe I'll get back into live-action shit again in the near future before I sell my soul to medical school next year

I'm watching Kino's Journey with a friend right now, and it seems pretty cool. Still have to finish Aoi Bungaku. I can only handle so much of that show at a time, though I've heard it becomes less depressing and oppressive in the later story arcs. Also have to finish Terror in Resonance but I'm pretty sure that show will stop being good from where I left off. Five seems like an awful character who could single-handedly ruin it. I have a feeling the plot will lose its focus very quickly with her stepping into the picture. also her character design sucks and is ugly. stands out like a sore thumb when compared to literally anyone else in this show
« Last Edit: 04 May, 2016, 04:19:53 am by Youef » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: