Ultimate Paradise
04 December, 2020, 08:19:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

This topic is now going to be a rip-off of Bizzle's.

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 [131] 132   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This topic is now going to be a rip-off of Bizzle's.  (Read 22570 times)
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1950 on: 02 January, 2019, 03:49:15 pm »

what part you on man

I answered this via text but I'm still 3 eps into Jojo. Might watch more sometime this week.

I watched a bunch of movies last year so I'll write about some of the ones I kind of remember:

Hereditary: Had a pretty harrowing scene that was definitely impactful, but the rest of the movie was kind of just alright. I really dug the family drama elements, and I was kind of hoping that the horror/supernatural elements would be used to explore those themes. Kind of like how in GoT seasons 1-4, the fantasy is usually peripheral to the central plot and is mostly used to support the political intrigue and character development. But the movie becomes pretty blatantly about evil demons at the end, so I thought that was a missed opportunity. I get that they foreshadowed throughout the movie, but it felt like it lost all subtlety by the end.

Burning: Probably one of the best movies I've seen this year. A very slow burn, but it pays off. Super atmospheric and kind of ethereal too.

Spiderverse: Also one of the best movies I've seen this year. This movie was real pretty, and I loved the music. There was literally never a dull moment in this movie at all, as the pacing was really well done.

Incredibles 2: It was good, but I think it feels pretty standard for a Pixar movie? Like the impact isn't there anymore because we've already seen this type of stuff before. I think with the exception of Toy Story and apparently one of the Cars sequels, Pixar's strength isn't with sequels. But I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

Bird Box: This movie was super formulaic and I was kind of just waiting for it to end. Like ok Tom, you're a perfect man because you're good looking, jacked, and a super great dad and a caring husband with a big heart, when are you going to sacrifice yourself so I can move past expecting you to die. Also the rapids scene felt like a copout. I'm glad she didn't pick one of the kids to look, but why even bother putting that scene in if it didn't matter in the first place?

A Quiet Place: Like Bird Box, but somehow more entertaining.

Crazy Rich Asians: I'm not really into romcoms, but I really like what the movie represents, and I respect the type of work that went into it. I'm South Asian, but I also related to a lot of the themes and issues the movie addressed.

Black Panther: One of my favorite superhero movies. Like I sorta knew what was going to happen throughout the movie, but predictability isn't bad when the execution is so good.

Infinity War: I actually really dug this one too even though I'm very blah about superhero movies these days. Really looking forward to A4.

Other movies I saw that didn't come out this year:

The Wailing: One of my favorite Korean movies, and definitely one of my favorite horror movies in general.

Coco: Movies like this are why I wish Pixar would rely less on making sequels. This one was sooo good.

Get Out: Also so good. It wasn't scary, but it was unnerving and the payoff is so satisfying. Can't wait for Us.

The Strangers: I think I saw this movie this year. It was alright. I feel like the trailer scared me more.

Mother!: This movie was really pretentious and I truly despise Jennifer Lawrence with all my heart, so. Even Ed Harris wasn't enough to make the movie good.

I can't remember what else I watched.
« Last Edit: 02 January, 2019, 04:34:39 pm by Youef » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 [131] 132   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: