Ultimate Paradise
31 March, 2020, 07:00:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

~The Splendid Adventures of Rondam and Flody~

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 260 261 [262]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~The Splendid Adventures of Rondam and Flody~  (Read 15302 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #3915 on: 10 March, 2020, 03:27:38 pm »

I am finished now.

Alucard's arc felt the weakest to me given how transparent the siblings were. Their heel turn was clear in like the second scene, and yet their actual justification for turning didn't feel earned. As a result, I like where Alucard ended up but the process of him getting there suffered.

The reveal for the Judge came kinda late? Seems weird for that information to get to Trevor and Sypha after everything else is said and done, but as a killing blow for their (specifically Sypha's) idealism, I guess it works.

A lot of stage setting for season 4 here. I wonder if they will try to wrap up with that or if Netflix wants to keep this going and going.

Feel like I probably missed a ton of references. What was the music from the last episode? That had to have been from the games, right?
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #3916 on: 10 March, 2020, 05:20:05 pm »

agreed with your points especially the first one, the idea of the story (Alucard dealing with his isolation and being betrayed) is good but the way it got there could have been better

The biggest references where the fact that a lot of the plot is taken from an incidental area in Curse of Darkness (the Infinite Corridor, St. Germain is a boss/NPC in that as well) and lots of enemy shout outs. When Isaac fights the magician all the people turn into the big Legion ball which is one of the most famous bosses in the series and when the gate to hell opens there's a few SotN enemy designs that pop out. I don't immediately recall the music like Bloody Tears last season so I don't know if it actually was anything specific. I'd have to relisten.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3917 on: 19 March, 2020, 11:05:37 am »

reporting in that i have watched another anime film

Watched Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade as part of a "watch a movie a week with each week a specific theme" thing I am trying to do. It wasn't what I was expecting but it ended up being very good and sad.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #3918 on: 22 March, 2020, 01:05:07 am »

I saw that a few years ago. Neat movie.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3919 on: 22 March, 2020, 09:05:34 pm »

Yeah I dug it. Still thinking about it after a few days.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 260 261 [262]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: