Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 08:21:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

This topic is now going to be a rip-off of Bizzle's.

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 [131] 132   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This topic is now going to be a rip-off of Bizzle's.  (Read 48003 times)
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1950 on: 26 February, 2018, 11:32:07 pm »

Cool, well I enjoyed it anyways. Probably gonna watch Kaiba next.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1951 on: 04 March, 2018, 11:19:18 am »

I'm like 6 episodes into Kaiba and this show is disturbing, but I really like it. Many of the characters actually feel three-dimensional, and I think the show so far does a good job of portraying that through its animation. The art style is also refreshing, but I can understand how it might be difficult for someone to get into it, especially since a lot of what happens also isn't straightforward if you aren't paying attention.

Oh yeah and I'm watching Darling in the Franxx. Pretty unimpressed/weirded out with it, but I'll give it some time.

Might watch Gankutsuou next.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1952 on: 04 March, 2018, 12:32:53 pm »

Oh yeah and I'm watching Darling in the Franxx. Pretty unimpressed/weirded out with it, but I'll give it some time.
I keep waiting for something interesting to happen, but it's pretty rote so far.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1953 on: 04 March, 2018, 02:31:33 pm »

Yeah. A lot of people were really into episode 6, but it seemed like it was pretty standard stuff when I watched it, so I didn't think it was that great. That also might have been because I had just finished Devilman Crybaby and was in shock.

Maybe it'll get better, but I'm not holding my breath.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1954 on: 04 March, 2018, 11:06:38 pm »

I mean it was the best episode so far, but it didn't hold a candle to something like episode 8 of TTGL or episode 1 through 26 of Kill la Kill.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1955 on: 07 March, 2018, 01:21:39 am »

Finished Kaiba a few days ago. I think I preferred it when it was episodic, but the last 6 episodes were good too. I think the art style helps keep it at a solid 8 for me.

I also watched Gankutsuou. I had to some of it at 2x speed because I didn't have much time, lul, but it was good. I've never actually read the Count of Monte Cristo, but I've heard this was a solid adaptation, and I'm more inclined to want to read that book now. The art was also gorgeous, although the CGI bits were kind of ugly. It was a really strange juxtaposition between beautiful artwork and incredibly ugly CGI fight scenes, and that mixture reminded me of Courage the Cowardly Dog, except that show did it well for the sake of horror. I think Gankutsuou just did it for budget reasons. But still a good show, 8/10, very well written and fleshed out characters too except for Mercedes, who literally does absolutely nothing in the entire show. She should've been there at the end

I never finished Hellsing Ultimate, so I might restart that from the beginning. Or maybe I'll restart Monster since I never finished that either. I'm also more open to watching Kill la Kill because fuck it why not.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1956 on: 07 March, 2018, 08:09:09 am »

Those are three very different shows, so I guess it depends on what you're in the mood for.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1957 on: 07 March, 2018, 08:32:17 am »

only watched parts of ultimate but i really liked what i watched, didnt like the manga as much and i did finish that so no idea if ultimate ends better

monster sounds/looks good and kill la kill no comment
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1958 on: 07 March, 2018, 11:07:33 am »

By the end, Hellsing Ultimate was just a bit much. Maniac talked about it in his topic, but basically it's just all over the place and the writer gets bored of what he's writing halfway through or something and just goes off the rails.

Monster is good. Really heavy and long, but if you have the patience for it the payoff is there.

Kill la Kill is my favorite anime.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1959 on: 07 March, 2018, 04:03:15 pm »

By the end, Hellsing Ultimate was just a bit much. Maniac talked about it in his topic, but basically it's just all over the place and the writer gets bored of what he's writing halfway through or something and just goes off the rails.

that was my experience with the manga as well so its a nice accurate adaption it seems
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1960 on: 08 March, 2018, 02:26:22 am »

I literally just binged all of season 1 of Atlanta and that was really good.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1961 on: 12 October, 2018, 11:39:29 pm »

the wailing is SUCH a good horror movie if anyone here hasn't seen it yet
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1962 on: 31 December, 2018, 01:37:24 am »

Jojo is fuckin hilarious
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1963 on: 01 January, 2019, 10:28:58 am »

what part you on man
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1964 on: 02 January, 2019, 03:49:15 pm »

what part you on man

I answered this via text but I'm still 3 eps into Jojo. Might watch more sometime this week.

I watched a bunch of movies last year so I'll write about some of the ones I kind of remember:

Hereditary: Had a pretty harrowing scene that was definitely impactful, but the rest of the movie was kind of just alright. I really dug the family drama elements, and I was kind of hoping that the horror/supernatural elements would be used to explore those themes. Kind of like how in GoT seasons 1-4, the fantasy is usually peripheral to the central plot and is mostly used to support the political intrigue and character development. But the movie becomes pretty blatantly about evil demons at the end, so I thought that was a missed opportunity. I get that they foreshadowed throughout the movie, but it felt like it lost all subtlety by the end.

Burning: Probably one of the best movies I've seen this year. A very slow burn, but it pays off. Super atmospheric and kind of ethereal too.

Spiderverse: Also one of the best movies I've seen this year. This movie was real pretty, and I loved the music. There was literally never a dull moment in this movie at all, as the pacing was really well done.

Incredibles 2: It was good, but I think it feels pretty standard for a Pixar movie? Like the impact isn't there anymore because we've already seen this type of stuff before. I think with the exception of Toy Story and apparently one of the Cars sequels, Pixar's strength isn't with sequels. But I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

Bird Box: This movie was super formulaic and I was kind of just waiting for it to end. Like ok Tom, you're a perfect man because you're good looking, jacked, and a super great dad and a caring husband with a big heart, when are you going to sacrifice yourself so I can move past expecting you to die. Also the rapids scene felt like a copout. I'm glad she didn't pick one of the kids to look, but why even bother putting that scene in if it didn't matter in the first place?

A Quiet Place: Like Bird Box, but somehow more entertaining.

Crazy Rich Asians: I'm not really into romcoms, but I really like what the movie represents, and I respect the type of work that went into it. I'm South Asian, but I also related to a lot of the themes and issues the movie addressed.

Black Panther: One of my favorite superhero movies. Like I sorta knew what was going to happen throughout the movie, but predictability isn't bad when the execution is so good.

Infinity War: I actually really dug this one too even though I'm very blah about superhero movies these days. Really looking forward to A4.

Other movies I saw that didn't come out this year:

The Wailing: One of my favorite Korean movies, and definitely one of my favorite horror movies in general.

Coco: Movies like this are why I wish Pixar would rely less on making sequels. This one was sooo good.

Get Out: Also so good. It wasn't scary, but it was unnerving and the payoff is so satisfying. Can't wait for Us.

The Strangers: I think I saw this movie this year. It was alright. I feel like the trailer scared me more.

Mother!: This movie was really pretentious and I truly despise Jennifer Lawrence with all my heart, so. Even Ed Harris wasn't enough to make the movie good.

I can't remember what else I watched.
« Last Edit: 02 January, 2019, 04:34:39 pm by Youef » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 [131] 132   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: