Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 09:29:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

This topic is now going to be a rip-off of Bizzle's.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This topic is now going to be a rip-off of Bizzle's.  (Read 50325 times)
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1905 on: 04 May, 2016, 12:06:08 pm »

one of my anime club's officers is obsessed with your lie in april. saw one episode and it was just flooded with insipid anime romcom stereotypes, and i just hated the crap out of it. and then when he kept talking about "all the feels" he had watching it (generally speaking, i immediately turn my brain off when someone says the phrase "feels"), i kinda immediately assumed it suffered from key syndrome where it just artificially produces tragedy for no reason and to no end but to make the viewer feel sad. i guess that wasn't too far off the mark.

that's one of the highest rated shows on MAL, which i guess doesn't surprise me too much.

EDIT: oh, didn't notice you never finished terror in resonance. don't even bother, it just turns into a shittier version of death note once five comes in lol
Yeah, that sounds about right. You see the tragedy coming a mile away, because the show doesn't try to hide it, but they didn't really do anything interesting with it at all. I mean I understand if you like it at age 15 or something. It is a shonen. But it has no reason to be that high up there on MAL. Then again, Erased is also up there so I guess it's to be expected. I don't know, maybe I'm just being pretentious, but these shows have no substance. They play it very safely and go exactly by the book.

I probably will finish Terror in Resonance at some point just for the sake of completion. But that's probably futile because I will never complete everything.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: