Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 07:07:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pop Culture Showdown Day 1: Bruce Lee vs. The Predator

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop Culture Showdown Day 1: Bruce Lee vs. The Predator  (Read 1496 times)
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #15 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:20:13 pm »

Everything 911 said. The Predator has been revealed to not be weakened in hand-to-hand, Lee would have an extremely difficult time getting the Predator's weapons, and even if he did he probably couldn't work them.

By the by, just what predator is this? So I can give more accurate criteria than just the general specias?
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #16 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:21:37 pm »

I forget how the battle thing works.

The battle will be written after the votes are counted, right? And will it be posted here, in a different topic, or in the next battle topic?

Yes, the battle will be written after the votes are counted when the polls close, and it will be posted in the next battle topic after the opening post.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #17 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:22:56 pm »

Everything 911 said. The Predator has been revealed to not be weakened in hand-to-hand, Lee would have an extremely difficult time getting the Predator's weapons, and even if he did he probably couldn't work them.

By the by, just what predator is this? So I can give more accurate criteria than just the general specias?

Let's put him somewhere between the Predator teen of the first AVP and the Predator king of the second AVP movie. He's not as skilled a fighter as the Predator king, but he has as much technology. Sound fair?
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #18 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:23:56 pm »

911 didn't post here yet... unless I'm blind. *checks*

I forget how the battle thing works.

The battle will be written after the votes are counted, right? And will it be posted here, in a different topic, or in the next battle topic?

Yes, the battle will be written after the votes are counted when the polls close, and it will be posted in the next battle topic after the opening post.

okay

Let's put him somewhere between the Predator teen of the first AVP and the Predator king of the second AVP movie. He's not as skilled a fighter as the Predator king, but he has as much technology. Sound fair?

so like the Predator in the first movie, basically.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:25:47 pm »

@Gaffit: Okay... gimme a sec [goes to do research on Predator weaponry]

@M. Bison: Eh? Then who are you?
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #20 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:27:18 pm »

ganonfloyd
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #21 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:28:13 pm »

ganonfloyd

[facepalm] Sorry.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #22 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:28:35 pm »

its cool
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #23 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:30:05 pm »

Alright.

And Gaffit, is this "Predator King" you mentioned Wolf, from AvP: Requiem?
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #24 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:30:56 pm »

Well, the Predator in the first movie was a decent fighter, but he didn't have the technology of the Predator King.

I think at this point, Lee's biggest weakness is his lack of firearms...

Alright.

And Gaffit, is this "Predator King" you mentioned Wolf, from AvP: Requiem?

Yes, that's the one I meant. Sorry, I didn't know his name. v_v
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #25 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:31:29 pm »

I didn't mean Predator was weak in hand to hand, I ment that if Lee did a lot of damage by taking advantage of Pred's weapon usage he could be weak if it came to hand to hand.... Otherwise Lee'd get whipped....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #26 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:33:24 pm »

It's alright Gaffit. I'm actually quite sad, to know the Predators' names. It's just I haven't seen AvP: Requiem yet, so I didn't know if any other Predators appeared (I remember reading that the home planet was shown, so I needed to know).

Wolf was the main one who hunted the Predalien throughout the film. That him?
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #27 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:34:34 pm »

It's alright Gaffit. I'm actually quite sad, to know the Predators' names. It's just I haven't seen AvP: Requiem yet, so I didn't know if any other Predators appeared (I remember reading that the home planet was shown, so I needed to know).

Yes, I simply assumed he was the king because he had more advanced weaponry and an awesome flowing red cape.
Report Spam   Logged

Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #28 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:36:36 pm »

Well, he might be a king, then. All Wikipedia says about him is he's "A Predator warrior that received the distress signal from the dying Predator ship and traveled to Earth to "clean up"."

So, he might be a king, but he must at least be a top-ranking fighter if he was chosen to fight the Predalien.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #29 on: 01 December, 2008, 12:38:00 pm »

Yes, I simply assumed he was the king because he had more advanced weaponry and an awesome flowing red cape.

flowing capes often denote regality, so its a possibility
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: