Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 07:40:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pop Culture Showdown Day 3: The Flash vs. Wolverine

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop Culture Showdown Day 3: The Flash vs. Wolverine  (Read 528 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« on: 05 December, 2008, 06:27:36 am »

You know how this goes. Vote for who you think would win in an all-out battle to the death.

Feel free to discuss fighting styles and tactics in order to sway those who may be on the fence as to who to vote for. After the polls are closed, I will spend a day writing out a battle between the two combatants and post it in the next showdown topic, with the winner being decided by the winner of the poll. If you would like to suggest a location for the battle, feel free to do so.

If anyone feels like they absolutely have to write out a battle themselves, feel free to send me what you have in mind, and I'll probably enjoy the day off. 

Now then, on to battle!

The Flash

The Flash: DC Comics: The flash is famously known as the fastest man alive. Able to run at incredible speeds and vibrate his body fast enough to walk through walls; the Flash is an extreme threat simply due to his speed alone which makes his entire body a weapon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flash

Wolverine

Wolverine: Marvel Comics: A fierce fighter, heralded as one of the greatest fighters of the Marvel Universe. Wolverine’s healing factor lets him quickly recover from wounds instantaneously, and his Adamantium-lined bones make him virtually indestructible. He is a skilled tracker able to take opponents by surprise, and he makes sure that his first strike always counts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)

Round 1:
Day 1: Bruce Lee vs. The Predator 10-9
Day 2: Adol Christins vs. D 1-13
Day 3: The Flash vs. Wolverine
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1 on: 05 December, 2008, 06:28:17 am »

Adol Christens walked through the cave, his Livart Sword in hand and a lantern held before him. He didn’t want to be in this stupid cave, but the villagers down in the valley were offering him a lot of gold and a lot more exp. to slay the vampire that had taken residence in these caves recently. The monster hadn’t done anything to the villagers yet, but Adol figured it would only be a matter of time before he did.

“What are you doing here kid?” came a mysterious voice from behind him. Adol dropped his lantern and whirled around swinging his blade at the source, stopping short of the man’s neck. The man didn’t even flinch. “That didn’t answer my question,” the man said in a deep voice.

“I’m looking for an evil vampire that has taken residence here! It is my duty as a hero to slay such evil!” Adol answered back, his sword still at the man’s neck. “What are you doing here?”

“Hiding from the sun, what do you think?” The man replied calmly. He looked down at Adol’s sword, “I don’t think you’re going to have much luck slaying evil with such a poor sword.”

“You are the creature I am here to slay! Though you don’t look like much… Not big enough to be a boss, a mini-boss maybe. Well then minion, where is your master?”

The man’s face turned hard, “Stupid mortals, always judging things by the surface. Trust me kid, where this is going, you don’t want to be here.”

“Shut up and die evil minion!” Adol swung his sword into the man’s neck, but the man was now five feet away. Adol charged towards him and swung again, but the man simply dodged to the right. Adol began swinging at the man wildly, but the man side-stepped every swipe.

Adol charged his energy into the sword and swung the sword into the man with all his might. The man jumped into the air and landed gracefully on his blade mid-swing.

“Who are you?” Adol gasped.

“My name’s D, and I just became your worst nightmare,” he replied with absolute calm.

D drew his massive sword and swung a simple blow into Adol, who used all his strength just to block it with his shield.

“This is not going well…”, Adol muttered as he charged his Livart Sword, sending a powerful cyclone at the man who simply stood in it’s center unphased.

“That it kid?” D said as he slammed his sword into Adol’s Livart sword, sending it flying into a wall of the cave.

Adol channeled a fireball and threw it at D as he jumped for the sword, only to find that it was hopelessly stuck in the wall. D hit the fireball with the side of his blade, causing it to blast behind him as Adol gave up on his sword and drew his rapier, the Ericcil blade.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me. You’re using a rapier against a broadsword?” D taunted.

“Not just any rapier…” Adol said as he thrust his rapier towards D, a bolt of lighting shooting from its tip and hitting D square in the chest.

D was sent flying backwards into an opposite wall of the cave, smoke coming from where he’d been hit. D recovered in time to deflect the next bolt launched at him with his sword, getting close enough to knee Adol in the gut, sending him to the ground painfully.

“Don’t be stupid kid, just stay down alright? You’re not my type of kill,” D said while sheathing his sword and walking away.

D made it ten feet when a massive wave of flames hit him from behind. The wave knocked him off his feet and hurt like hell. Getting to his feet, D turned face Adol, who was now holding the Bilrante Sword in both hands.

“I must vanquish all evil, no matter the cost.” Adol said heroically.

“That’s what I was talking about when I said don’t be stupid,” D sneered.

Adol launched himself into the air and brought his sword straight down to the ground, causing another wave of flames to erupt in D’s direction. D raised his forearm to the blast as a shield surrounded him, protecting him from the flames.

D then bolted forward and shattered Adol’s blade with his own and stabbed into him, all in one smooth motion.

“Shoulda stayed down kid…” D said regretfully as he removed his sword from Adol.

“But I haven’t saved in hours! I am so going to kick your ass after I finish level grinding!” Adol said as he blacked out.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #2 on: 05 December, 2008, 06:41:16 am »

I'm going to hold off on voting for now, but I can't imagine any other outcome in this fight other than Wolverine winning...
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #3 on: 05 December, 2008, 08:35:51 am »

Wolverine
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #4 on: 05 December, 2008, 10:16:27 am »

Yes. As much as I love The Flash, regretfully I cannot honestly see him beating Wolverine. In a battle "to the death" it's very hard to beat someone with a healing factor, not to mention Wolverine is just tough in general.
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #5 on: 05 December, 2008, 12:50:19 pm »

What if the Flash sent him to another dimension? Apparently he can do that. I guess it would be a "technical" victory.
« Last Edit: 05 December, 2008, 12:51:51 pm by Gaffit » Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #6 on: 05 December, 2008, 01:41:41 pm »

It depends which Flash we're talking about, if it's Barry he could beat Wolverine since he can run ten times faster than light from what I can hear, if it's Wally West he'll lose.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #7 on: 05 December, 2008, 01:51:46 pm »

Wolverine, because if nothing can kill him, the Flash sure as hell can't.
Report Spam   Logged

GSD
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

GSD

« Reply #8 on: 05 December, 2008, 02:05:52 pm »

If it's Barry, The Flash will win.

But the other two would lose...
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #9 on: 05 December, 2008, 03:11:47 pm »

I've just recieved confirmation from the Nominator. The Flash in question is Barry Allen.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #10 on: 05 December, 2008, 03:14:22 pm »

my vote remains Wolverine.

also, the Flash is totally lame.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #11 on: 05 December, 2008, 03:17:44 pm »

Note that this Barry Allen unlike the other Flash's is able to control the atoms of his body, turn into pure energy and travel through time.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #12 on: 05 December, 2008, 03:23:47 pm »

Note that this Barry Allen unlike the other Flash's is able to control the atoms of his body, turn into pure energy and travel through time.

noted, stance remains the same.

The fight will be a good/close one, but I believe Wolverine would still win.

and all those abilities don't make him any less lame.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #13 on: 05 December, 2008, 03:47:07 pm »

Because it's Barry I gotta go for the Flash.

His speed is so fast old Wolverine wouldn't know what hit him.... And Wolverine isn't the only one to cheat death....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #14 on: 05 December, 2008, 03:49:50 pm »

Barry did come back I believe....recently...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: