Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 02:55:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The new FMA anime premieres in April.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new FMA anime premieres in April.  (Read 4566 times)
A Duck
Dmax
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Dmax the always adorable
Mood: Dead

ME!

« Reply #60 on: 01 January, 2009, 09:01:47 pm »

Hughes is the best character.
Report Spam   Logged
A Duck
Dmax
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Dmax the always adorable
Mood: Dead

ME!

« Reply #61 on: 01 January, 2009, 09:03:03 pm »

Yes, but Linkin Park is overused.

And they're a terrible band IMO too. >_>

i like them....T~T
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #62 on: 02 January, 2009, 06:31:07 pm »

An AMV is not bad becuase you don't like the band. If you don't like my chemical romance, you won't like AMV's USING my chemical romance's songs. But they're not necessarily bad. If you don't like Linkin park, you won't like AMV's with Linkin park songs. Obviously. But not necessarily bad.

Any AMV, can use ANY song and be the best AMV ever, as long as:

A) The song fits. If you're making an AMV about a sad scene, don't use upbeat metal songs. Use something slow and sad, perhaps orchestrated for added effect.
B) Good editing. You can't just take a scene, cut it up a bit, add a song and call it a day. THat does NOT WORK. It's sloppy, and it's boring to watch. Make sure the edits happen in beat with the music, at the very least.
C) Effects. This isn't a requirement per say, but it makes your AMV SOOOO MUCH BETTER if used properly IMO.

Case in point:

This AMV combines an overused anime, with an overused song. LULZ EPIC FAIL M I RIHT? But it's good, because the AMV creator clearly took his time with it, and made a good AMV, despite the overused material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xGc-Ui9Fi0&feature=related&fmt=18

Quality sucks baboon ass, I know, but it's a reupload. A few years ago, I could've found it in much higher quality, but alas...

On the other hand, IMO, this is a very mediocre AMV:

IT doesn't really edit much, and only sometimes follow the beat of the music... it's okay, but very adequate, and not very special.

Again, example of an (IMO) good AMV (only the first 1:10. After that, it's just a still picture with no music for some reason.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X71GUoCSJ5k&feature=related&fmt=18

Clever edits, nice effects and fitting music. Thought went into it, thus it comes out nice (even though the lack of ANYTHING for the last 2 minutes are fail)
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #63 on: 02 January, 2009, 07:20:41 pm »

An AMV is not bad becuase you don't like the band. If you don't like my chemical romance, you won't like AMV's USING my chemical romance's songs. But they're not necessarily bad. If you don't like Linkin park, you won't like AMV's with Linkin park songs. Obviously. But not necessarily bad.
I can dislike an AMV but I can't consider it bad? An AMV can have good editing, effects, and all of that other stuff, but that doesn't mean it's objectively good. Nothing can be objectively good. There's a difference between things being well-done and things being "good." I can find a book to be very well-written, but I can also be turned off by the storyline. Same goes for an AMV. I can find it well-done, but that doesn't mean I have to consider it good if I don't like the music or subject material. And it's worse when people just add a bunch of scenes with editing them and plaster them with some random song without any editing.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #64 on: 02 January, 2009, 07:26:09 pm »

I can dislike an AMV but I can't consider it bad? An AMV can have good editing, effects, and all of that other stuff, but that doesn't mean it's objectively good. Nothing can be objectively good. There's a difference between things being well-done and things being "good." I can find a book to be very well-written, but I can also be turned off by the storyline. Same goes for an AMV. I can find it well-done, but that doesn't mean I have to consider it good if I don't like the music or subject material. And it's worse when people just add a bunch of scenes with editing them and plaster them with some random song without any editing.
You're saying basically what I'm saying, you're just replacing "good", with "well done".
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #65 on: 02 January, 2009, 07:38:35 pm »

You're saying that some AMVs that are well-made cannot be bad. I'm saying that being good or bad isn't an objective thing. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #66 on: 02 January, 2009, 07:44:20 pm »

Well made AMV's can't (or at least, shouldn't) be "bad" in the general sense. If an AMV is well made, the majority (should, not will) like it. Like a videogame. A well made videogame may be disliked by some people, but the majority will like the game, thus it's a "generally" good game. I think the Resident evil games are bad, because I don't like survival horror. But a lot of people like the games and the franchise, so I can use logic to reason that the games and the franchise is generally good.

And yeah, I realize I didn't make myself clear... I meant generally, not that every person would find a well made AMV good. Sorry about that.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #67 on: 10 January, 2009, 01:06:20 pm »

New FMA chapter was pretty damn epic.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #68 on: 13 January, 2009, 06:16:03 am »

I bet.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #69 on: 13 January, 2009, 03:48:36 pm »

Indeed.

Although it's 9 chapters or so from the end. Meh, I guess that means the animé won't have any fillers.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #70 on: 13 January, 2009, 03:54:11 pm »

You think you're so fancy with your accented e's and whatnot.

jerk.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #71 on: 13 January, 2009, 03:58:11 pm »

I learned how to do it in Spanish class. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #72 on: 13 January, 2009, 04:00:57 pm »

WELL THIS ISN'T SPAIN.

OR MEXICO.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #73 on: 13 January, 2009, 04:18:01 pm »

Well, it isn't really a set place, considering how we have a few users from Europe, Canada, America, and I think one from somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #74 on: 13 January, 2009, 04:33:49 pm »

The Internet is American.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: