Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 06:45:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pop Culture Showdown Day 6: Mega Man vs. Darth Vader

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop Culture Showdown Day 6: Mega Man vs. Darth Vader  (Read 868 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #30 on: 11 December, 2008, 06:19:25 pm »

The teleportation has always been activated by Dr. Light, not MegaMan himself. If Dr. Wily built teleportation negating devices than MegaMan couldn't have teleported anywhere near the RMs or Wily himself. Where are you getting this? It doesn't matter anyway, like I said Vader still has precognition meaning MegaMan's teleportation(The one that always goes into the sky and back down in a not that fast or secret manner) wouldn't help much if at all. Vader's lightsaber can cut through pretty much any material and he can block anything that isn't a lightsaber or anything as powerful as it, plus he could just Force Grip MegaMan into oblivion. How does MegaMan stand a chance?

v_v

Dr. Wily setting up teleporting negators is the main plot of every Mega Man game ever made, otherwise why wouldn't Mega Man just teleport straight into Wily's chamber and off him?

And Mega Man can't teleport near the RM's because of the negators, that's why you have to go through the stupid level before fighting them, there's a negator around them. And I think my last argument for self teleportation justifies itself. But if Mega Man is able to teleport as I said, he'd be able to teleport out of any force grip situation that may arise. And you're forgetting splash damage. A plasma shot is different from a blaster shot. A blaster shot is deflected, but what if a plasma shot is merely cut in two? Then Vader has two shots coming at him.

ProtoMan(Who was disguised as "BreakMan" in MM3) used Dr. Wily's teleporter, in MM4 he used Lights after Cossack was defeated, and in MM5 it was Light's again when DarkMan was done for. Bass uses Wily's, and Rush uses Light's again. Am I making myself clear?

Just because the teleporter is based somewhere doesn't mean Mega Man can't access it remotely. They are teleported in by Dr. Light, but they are clearly capable of teleporting out on their own, thus they must be able to access the teleporter remotely and use it as they please.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #31 on: 11 December, 2008, 06:30:25 pm »

2:30

Rush Teleports away with Dr. Light and everyone capable of using a teleporter right next to him. This shows that the guidance system or something similar for the teleporter is based in Light's lab, but they are capable of teleporting on their own.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #32 on: 11 December, 2008, 07:23:21 pm »

Doesn't look like it matters. Vader's kicking ass anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #33 on: 11 December, 2008, 07:55:58 pm »

as it should be <_<
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #34 on: 11 December, 2008, 08:01:24 pm »

as it should be <_<

I'm willing to take this debate to the end of days.

>_<
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #35 on: 11 December, 2008, 08:08:38 pm »

Dr. Wily setting up teleporting negators is the main plot of every Mega Man game ever made, otherwise why wouldn't Mega Man just teleport straight into Wily's chamber and off him?

I have never heard of that whatsoever, never on any site or instruction book. <_<

And how the **** is MegaMan able to teleport after beating an RM when there are supposed to be Wily anti-teleporting crumplezones? That clip also doesn't explain how in MegaMan: PU that MegaMan has to always go back to Light's lab whenever before a stage or after it.
« Last Edit: 11 December, 2008, 08:11:12 pm by -Ω-911-Ω- » Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #36 on: 11 December, 2008, 08:30:22 pm »

I have never heard of that whatsoever, never on any site or instruction book. <_<

And how the **** is MegaMan able to teleport after beating an RM when there are supposed to be Wily anti-teleporting crumplezones? That clip also doesn't explain how in MegaMan: PU that MegaMan has to always go back to Light's lab whenever before a stage or after it.

The whole reason Mega Man goes through the process of killing the RM's is because they guard the teleporter negators, thus making access to Wily's Fortress completely impossible. So Mega Man starts at the outer most edge of the zone, fights his way through the hoards of Wily Bots, kills the RM in charge of the negator, thus destroying it, and then teleports out. Rinse and Repeat.

And there could be any number of reasons as to why he goes back to Light's Lab. Maybe he has to get his new weapon installed, maybe he needs to gather more intel on the next RM, maybe he's a robot and has nowhere else to go so he just goes home...
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #37 on: 11 December, 2008, 08:32:57 pm »

Plus Wiki says so, though that's not exactly the most reliable source...
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #38 on: 11 December, 2008, 08:45:10 pm »

Well there were no adapters in the original MM1, and MegaMan usually gained RM powers automatically after beating them.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #39 on: 11 December, 2008, 08:46:23 pm »

Megaman with Metal Blades and Flashman's weapon would own Vader. No doubt.
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #40 on: 12 December, 2008, 05:44:15 am »

It's a battle to the death.... I think Megaman would lose because Vader is human.

I'm pretty sure Megaman can't kill humans.... I think that's why he alway kept Wily alive even though it caused him to escape.
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #41 on: 12 December, 2008, 06:42:13 am »

It's a battle to the death.... I think Megaman would lose because Vader is human.

I'm pretty sure Megaman can't kill humans.... I think that's why he alway kept Wily alive even though it caused him to escape.

Curses! I was hoping someone wouldn't bring that up!

XD
Report Spam   Logged

Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2

« Reply #42 on: 12 December, 2008, 06:44:16 am »

Oh yeah, I forgot about that...
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #43 on: 12 December, 2008, 09:37:22 am »

Me bringing that up would be like me bringing up how Vader could just Force Crush MegaMan right there and Mega wouldn't be able to do anything about it. But wait!...I already did that....
Report Spam   Logged

Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2

« Reply #44 on: 12 December, 2008, 09:43:21 am »

Couldn't most jedi in Star Wars just simply force crush the hell out of each other instead of stabbing them with their lightsabre's? How many jedi's has Darth Vader attempted to kill by just force crushing? You rarely see any jedi kill someone with a force crush.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: