Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 08:20:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pop Culture Showdown Day 10: Kirby vs. Space Ghost

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop Culture Showdown Day 10: Kirby vs. Space Ghost  (Read 681 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« on: 18 December, 2008, 05:49:12 pm »

You know how this goes. Vote for who you think would win in an all-out battle to the death.

Feel free to discuss fighting styles and tactics in order to sway those who may be on the fence as to who to vote for. After the polls are closed, I will spend a day writing out a battle between the two combatants and post it in the next showdown topic, with the winner being decided by the winner of the poll. If you would like to suggest a location for the battle, feel free to do so.

If anyone feels like they absolutely have to write out a battle themselves, feel free to send me what you have in mind, and I'll probably enjoy the day off. 

Now then, on to battle!

Kirby

Kirby: Kirby Series: The loveable pink blob whose arsenal of copied abilities could be called extensive by some and ungodly by others. Hailing from the planet Pop Star where he spends his relaxing days in Dream Land, Kirby is a character who simply loves to eat, so much so that his hunger has saved the galaxy countless times over. His soft flexible body makes his resistant to most forms of damage, and his sheer determination makes him a threat to all evil-doers and food thieves.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_(character)

Space Ghost

Space Ghost: Space Ghost: An interstellar police officer and part time talk show host, Space Ghost’s uniform grants him incredible power. With it he can travel through space unhindered, turn invisible, generate force fields, and fire heat rays from his eyes. His wrist bands grant him the ability to fire almost any type of ray imaginable, including Force Rays, Hypno Rays, Destructo Rays, Electro Rays, Anti-Matter Rays, ect, as well as allowing him to move at superhuman speeds and create time warps. His single most impressive power however, is his ability to teleport vast distances. This officer of the interstellar law is a true hero, and makes excellent television.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Ghost

Round 1:
Day 1: Bruce Lee vs. The Predator 10-9
Day 2: Adol Christins vs. D 1-13
Day 3: The Flash vs. Wolverine 9-6
Day 4: Rikuo vs. Luke Cage 2-12
Day 5: Omega Rugal vs. Baraka 11-2
Day 6: Mega Man vs. Darth Vader 5-9
Day 7: Rey Mysterio vs. Hulk Hogan 3-9
Day 8: Hiro Nakamura vs. Thor 5-11
Day 9: Lobo vs. Blackheart 7-5
Day 10: Kirby vs. Space Ghost
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1 on: 18 December, 2008, 05:49:43 pm »

Blackheart stood over the destruction his army wreaked upon the planet he was ordered to enslave. Standing on top of the cliff overlooking the fierce battle taking place between his troops and the planet’s inhabitants, Blackheart suddenly heard a strange pattering noise coming from above. Before he could look up, a massive motorcycle came crashing down on top of him.

Lobo put down his kickstand and parked his bike while Blackheart still lay underneath it.

“Ugh! Another day, another bounty,” Lobo lamented, “Alright, where’s this Blackheart punk I keep hearing about?”

A massive explosion came from under Lobo’s bike, tearing his hog to ribbons and causing Lobo to fly a good distance away.

“You foolish idiot!” Blackheart spat angrily, “How dare you anger the son of Mephisto! I will devour your soul!”

“If you had any idea how much money was on your head, you’d choose your words more carefully,” Lobo explained, “Doubly so for wrecking my bike,” Lobo said while pointing his thumb at his beloved’s scattered remains.

“You honestly think you can defeat me?” Blackheart nearly laughed.

“I don’t mind tryin’ pal.” Lobo said as he snatched his chain gun from his hip and pumped a clip into the demon lord, the holes it created quickly healing over. Blackheart lunged at the mercenary, ripping him in two and throwing his remains over the side of the cliff.

“Ugh, that hurt…” Lobo complained as climbed back up the cliff, carrying no signs of his wounds. “So you’re going to make this fun for me eh cutie? Alright, I don’t mind playing with my paycheck.”

Lobo launched himself at Blackheart, sending his fist into his face with enough force to send Blackheart sprawling to the ground with his head caved in. The demon got back to his feet as his head wound healed and launched a ball of pure energy at Lobo, the force of it taking the merc’s arm clean off.

With his only arm left, Lobo pulled out an oversized cigar and lit it just as his arm grew back and finished it off with one puff. “So you’re the son of the devil huh? Wow, that’s gotta suck. Boy do I feel sorry for the state you’re in; always having to follow daddy’s orders right? I got over my dad issues the day I was born when I killed the guy. Too bad you don’t have half the guts I do right?”

Blackheart let out a roar at the insult and assaulted Lobo with a flurry of punches as Lobo calmly caught his arms and sent his boot into the demon’s kneecaps, sending him to the ground with a cry of pain.

Blackheart popped his knees back into place and sent a punch into Lobo’s stomach, causing the bounty hunter to topple over from the blow. The son of the devil followed it up with a vicious assault, tearing into the fallen Lobo with all his fury. Lobo attempted swing at Blackheart as the demon’s arm transformed into a blade, lopping both the bounty hunter’s arms off in a single slice.

Lobo planted his boot against Blackheart’s chest and kicked him off him, and bought time for his wounds to heal by saying, “I gotta tell you, I expected more of a fight from you,” Lobo gasped, “I mean, I hate to sound like a critic, but damn you suck at fighting. I thought that with the power of this Mephisto guy at your command, you’d be a lot more powerful, but I guess daddy keeps you on too tight of a leash right? I bet you couldn’t even use the power of hell if you wanted to. Daddy might not like it.” Lobo smirked.

“I’ll show you the power of hell mortal!” Blackheart shouted as he teleported himself and his opponent to the lowest levels of Mephisto’s realm.

“Here I am all powerful with the legions of hell at my command!” Blackheart said, his form glowing with power.

“Bad move junior, looks like you woke up your old man,” Lobo said, pointing behind Blackheart to the massive form of Mephisto.

Blackheart dropped to his knees to bow before the devil, “Father! I am trying to demonstrate to this mortal our true power by showing him the terror of our realm. When his soul is crushed I will-“

“Hey big ugly and little ugly, I hate to interrupt your mother-daughter bonding time but you’re both in a lot of trouble.” Lobo grinned.

Mephisto shot an angry gaze at his son, who turned on Lobo, “What is the meaning of this disrespect!?”

Lobo pulled out an official-looking piece of paper from his back pocket along with a pair of reading glasses before reading, “According to Amendment one, Article four, Sub-Section yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah, ‘And the entity known as Lobo shall not be allowed entry into Heaven, Hell or any morally-based alternatives of the two under penalty of immediate execution,” Lobo finished, throwing the paper somewhere behind him.

“So, I’ll make you a deal big n’ smelly,” Lobo compromised, “Make this an even fight between me and your lovely little princess and this won’t go to the higher-ups, you followin’? Just a straight up fight, I won’t even heal my wounds, how’s that?”

Mephisto gave a slight nod as a ball of dark energy hit Blackheart, draining his powers from him.

“Fool! Even without my powers, my physical strength far surpasses-“ Was all Blackheart could get out before Lobo’s punch floored him. Lobo followed up by leaning over and ripping the demon’s jaw apart. The bounty hunter then flipped Blackheart onto his back and sat on him, pinning him to the ground while grabbing a grenade from his belt. Lobo bit off the pin and force fed it down Blackheart’s throat while holding down his arms, legs, and tail.

A massive explosion ripped the demon’s head apart, spewing black goo all over the floor of the hellish realm.

Lobo picked up his prize from the floor and looked up at the massive form of Mephisto.

“Hey buddy? Can you give me a lift? I’m kind of far from what’s left of my bike right now.”
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #2 on: 18 December, 2008, 05:51:58 pm »

All Space Ghost has to do is be far away and disintegrate Kirby.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #3 on: 18 December, 2008, 05:52:56 pm »

All Space Ghost has to do is be far away and disintegrate Kirby.

I think Kirby has all if not most of his copied powers on hand, somewhat like Smash Bros. So Kirby could perform the same feat.

Note: I think SpaceGhost would win, but I just really like Kirby...
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #4 on: 18 December, 2008, 06:00:33 pm »

Would Space Ghost's ray affect Kirby's rock form? It's pretty hard to break.

Edit: Screw that, Kirby could just go into Ghost Mode and possess Space Ghost.
« Last Edit: 18 December, 2008, 06:10:03 pm by Gaffit » Report Spam   Logged

flamesnake
Elite Member

Mood: Dead

RERO RERO

« Reply #5 on: 18 December, 2008, 06:42:35 pm »

Kirby is pretty strong
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: 18 December, 2008, 06:43:21 pm »

Last I checked Kirby had to gain his powers all the time, and never once had all of them on hand. <_<
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: 18 December, 2008, 06:44:19 pm »

Would Space Ghost's ray affect Kirby's rock form? It's pretty hard to break.

Edit: Screw that, Kirby could just go into Ghost Mode and possess Space Ghost.
SG has anti-matter rays and those pretty much destroy anything.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #8 on: 18 December, 2008, 08:11:07 pm »

Last I checked Kirby had to gain his powers all the time, and never once had all of them on hand. <_<

Y'know, cept for Smash Bros...
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: 18 December, 2008, 08:17:13 pm »

Which is non-canon.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #10 on: 18 December, 2008, 08:18:05 pm »

Which is non-canon.

And made by the creator of the Kirby series.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #11 on: 18 December, 2008, 08:19:28 pm »

Which is non-canon.

that doens't change the fact that its non canon.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #12 on: 18 December, 2008, 08:20:52 pm »

Which is non-canon.

that doens't change the fact that its non canon.

I think it at least nudges things in my favor that Kirby under the influence of his creator was able to use pieces of powers he'd formerly absorbed.
Report Spam   Logged

IngSlayer
~Baffling Artist~
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

« Reply #13 on: 18 December, 2008, 08:23:50 pm »

Now here's another match that actually has my interest.
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #14 on: 18 December, 2008, 08:25:36 pm »

Now here's another match that actually has my interest.

Glad the random bracket generator could be of service.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: